toldailytopic: Share your own random nuggets of wisdom.

Quincy

On the passage of time:

You may wish for it to pass faster, or slower but in the end it only passes you by. Enjoy the now.

On love:

If you say you have never felt love, just remember someone brought you into this world and if even for a moment, she loved you. Then go buy a puppy.

On hate:

It's not that bad really. Just don't dwell on it and if you tell me you never hate I won't believe you ever love.

On celebrities:

Don't you dare waste either of our's time

On government:

It should only serve and never rule, and it should serve for the betterment and never the least.

On making love:

Some people like to think it's the most heinous act unless everyone from the minister to Sherriff Coletrain ordains it. That's nice and all but I'll keep it to myself and they can all stay out of my bedroom.

On Friendship:

It's never what that person can do for you, it's what you can and should do for them and how they repay it.

Buzzword

"Do not deny the classical approach, simply as a reaction, or you will have created another pattern and trapped yourself there."
-Bruce Lee

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts."
-Bertrand Russell

"Though we cannot think alike, may we not love alike? May we not be of one heart, though we are not of one opinion? Without all doubt, we may. Herein all the children of God may unite, notwithstanding these smaller differences."
-John Wesley

"If ours is an examined faith, we should be unafraid of doubt. If doubt is eventually justified, we were believing what clearly was not worth believing. But if doubt is answered, our faith has grown stronger. It knows God more certainly and can enjoy God more deeply."
-Os Guinness

“There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that ‘my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.’”
-Isaac Asimov

“There are only two questions man can ask himself that mean anything:
Why did God create the world?
What do I do next?”
-Brian Michael Bendis

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Pain is unavoidable. Every day we will either experience the pain of discipline or the pain of regret. Always choose the pain of discipline because while the pain of discipline weighs pounds, the pain of regret weighs tons.

eameece

If at first you don't succeed, work a little more next time.

If you can't stand the heat, stop standing in front of the fireplace.

Go where noone has gone before: deeper into yourself.

eameece

"If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home." ...Vance Havner

And Jesus would have thought of a different parable!

(It wasn't too hard for him to do, apparently)

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The Bible is the plumb line by which all ideas are measured.

A homosexual union is as purposeless as trying to join two bolts together by themselves. They hold nothing together.

john w

Hall of Fame
Now here at the Rock we have two basic rules. Memorize them until you can say them in your sleep. Rule number one: obey all rules. Rule number two:Do not write on the walls, as it is hard to get writing OFF the walls.

Barney_Fife.jpg

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
When you give a little love to someone who has never had any, they will return it to you, tenfold.

Sometimes the best way to feel like you're fighting the system is to be a patient driver.

When it comes to people, there are no such things as damaged goods.
There are merely those goods which don't claim to be un-damaged (the rest are false advertising.)

The way to a woman's heart is through the side door she never knew existed.

Sometimes the best compliment you can receive is "You make sense."

Among women, there are none more attractive than those who show confidence in their endeavors, perseverance in their failures, and humility in their successes.

Not bad, except the first one.

Those who do not know love will take and take until you wise up!

The last one should also be true for men.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
The best are those who give freely, but they are rare.

Beware, the giver, who asks for nothing material, may be asking much more.

To know yourself is to be honest with who you are, then it is easier to know the intentions of others.

Buzzword

Not bad, except the first one.

Those who do not know love will take and take until you wise up!

That depends on your overall opinion of humanity, based of course on the sum of your individual experiences.

I tend to lean toward this philosophy in my dealings with others:
"Trust men and they will be true to you; treat them greatly and they will show themselves great."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson