toldailytopic: Prediction time: Which Republican candidate will be running against Ob

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for December 16th, 2011 10:16 AM

toldailytopic: Prediction time: Which Republican candidate will be running against Obama in the 2012 election?

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It will probably be ol' Grimy Mitts because he has the most money.

Granite

Hall of Fame
I think it'll be Romney, when all's said and done. If Romney doesn't win NH convincingly, and Gingrich comes in a close second, it'll be seen as a victory for Newt and will prolong the contest...but I still say it'll be Romney.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I think it'll be Romney, when all's said and done. If Romney doesn't win NH convincingly, and Gingrich comes in a close second, it'll be seen as a victory for Newt and will prolong the contest...but I still say it'll be Romney.

Why? I ask because the base of the party does not like him. And I know the party leadership will fight to stop whom the base wants, but people in primaries will call the shots and are not happy with the party as of...a while.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Newt

he is the only one who can balance the budget
if
it is possible

second choice is a brokered convention that turns to Jeb

third choice is Mitt

Granite

Hall of Fame
Why? I ask because the base of the party does not like him. And I know the party leadership will fight to stop whom the base wants, but people in primaries will call the shots and are not happy with the party as of...a while.

Because there's no convincing alternative. Perry's a disaster, Gingrich is downright loathed by many in the loop, and that doesn't leave any appealing options. Paul? No chance. Bachmann? She's a punchline. Huntsman never got off the ground. Romney wins this by default. There's simply no one else. He's not crazy, he's ready for prime time, he's photogenic, and when push comes to shove, he wouldn't completely screw up if elected. Unfortunately, that's enough.

elected4ever

Newt

he is the only one who can balance the budget
if
it is possible

second choice is a brokered convention that turns to Jeb

third choice is Mitt
Newt never balanced anything. From 1962 forward there has never been a balanced budget. The debt and debt ceiling has been raised every year. A reduction in the amount of growth does not equal a balanced budget. The only one that would balance the budget is Ron Paul but I don't think even he can do it because the political will is not there to do it. Not even in the electorate. Face it folks, we have a war mongering, debt redden, self centered and corrupt society and a government to match.

My only question is which of us will have the first free ride to Guantanamo Bay courtesy of the Federal government?

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Newt never balanced anything. From 1962 forward there has never been a balanced budget. The debt and debt ceiling has been raised every year. A reduction in the amount of growth does not equal a balanced budget. The only one that will balance the budget is Ron Paul but I don't think even he can do it because the political will is not there to do it. Not even in the electric. Face it folks, we have a war mongering, debt redden, self centered and corrupt society and a government to match.

My only question is which of us will have the first free ride to Guantanamo Bay courtesy of the Federal government?

who balanced the budget at the end of the century?

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Romney or Newt. If I have to pick one, I guess Newt, based on how he is doing now and I'm not sure anyone is really attacking him that effectively.

Ecumenicist

From Not-Nostradamus:

"And the Newt shall rise to power, and then shall the disgrace of his former political presence be made known, his infidelity, his resignation in the shadow of the persecutions of the great Clinton, all shall be laid bare and made known. And greater will be his fall than was the fall of the mighty Cain. "

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
I actually do not think the budget can be balanced
but
Newt is the one to do it
if
it can be