toldailytopic: Once a person is saved can they reject that salvation should they chan

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
So, when the Ruach works to do that and the result is visible works on the part of the true believer, how does that equate to ones own works for salvation or going back under the Law and the myriad epithets spewed by OSAS'ers? "Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away". Is this not what OSAS'ers do when they deny the power of the Ruach in their Brothers and Sisters? No one can be obedient by the power of the Ruach because to do so is proof of their lack of salvation. It's hogwash!

The number one problem is, you and a few other posters around
here don't even trust in your salvation and Gods ability to
secure you through the act of faith you showed at the beginning,
when you first heard the message! OSAS means that we fully
trust God has saved us, showed His mercy, forgiveness for our
sins, and has guaranteed us a place in eternity! Gotta go, will
be back shortly!

IMJerusha

be back shortly!

OSAS means the denial of scads of God's words.

If we could not be tempted away, choose to walk away from temptation or persecution by the evil one, Yeshua would not have instructed us to pray that we not be nor would He have prayed that on behalf of us. It has nothing to do with lacking trust in God's promises. Did Yeshua lack trust in God's promises? NO.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
But it's work and you decry works!

That's a rather nasty comment! However, I'll let it slide,
and consider the source! Anyway, the ONLY works I'm
not crazy about, are the ones coming from someone
who believes they're helping themselves stay saved,
or somehow earning their salvation!

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
OSAS means the denial of scads of God's words.

If we could not be tempted away, choose to walk away from temptation or persecution by the evil one, Yeshua would not have instructed us to pray that we not be nor would He have prayed that on behalf of us. It has nothing to do with lacking trust in God's promises. Did Yeshua lack trust in God's promises? NO.

IMJ says; (so eloquently I might add) "OSAS means the denial of scads of God's words.

GM says; (However, not as eloquent as Imj) "One can only surmise there is no OSAS if
they're able to misinterpret, those same words!"

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Like I've said before, It would be best for IMJ if she would
stick to baking her delicious pies, and avoid trying
to teach others, the truth! For some reason, her brand of
truth falls very short!

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
It's quite unfortunate that some of the posters on this thread
actually believe they can lose their salvation, because of what
they do, or don't do! They don't seem to trust in the
Lord to follow through on what the Scriptures say!

StanJ53

I've seen a few comments about cherry picking, and it is one of my biggest pet peeves as well. The actual cherry picker just looks for words that will agree with his/her assertions. Looking at them IN context will quickly dispel their legitimacy. I myself use single verses but always check out the context to see if it is applicable. I think we all do this to a certain degree and we get to know those who do it on a regular basis or don't. Having said that I don't think IMJ cherry picks. Not that I've seen. Some others it would appear, do.

I do agree that Hebrews teaches that we can fall away or shrink back from the faith. It is called apostasy and their will be a great apostasy in the ends before Jesus returns.

A great example of this in our modern times was Charles Templeton.

The following gives you a good synopsis of His walk. He is a perfect example of Heb 6:4-6, but NOT the ONLY.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
I don't think so. I just think he was stating the obvious, that voting for Obama is powerful evidence that a person was most likely never saved.

Salvation rises or falls on receiving or rejecting Jesus, not choosing between imperfect political options.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
It's quite unfortunate that some of the posters on this thread
actually believe they can lose their salvation, because of what
they do, or don't do! They don't seem to trust in the
Lord to follow through on what the Scriptures say!

Huh? Salvation is based on receiving or rejecting Jesus, not on works (what do or do not do). The issue is not the security of believers (believers are secure), but whether one can reject Christ after having received Him. If one can be a former atheist, present theist, there is no logical or biblical reason why a present theist cannot become an atheist, as stupid as it is.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
be back shortly!

Believers have no problem with this, but there is a conditional vs unconditional aspect (vs universalism/OSAS). Accepting the possibility of apostasy because Scripture teaches it does not undermine assurance of believers who know and love Jesus to the end.

Your problem is that you condone Christian Atheists, a mythical creature (or you are forced to adopt an indefensible loop hole that they had fake faith and were never saved...even Calvin had to resort to this nonsense...God deluded them into thinking they were elect, but then threw them in the fire because their apostasy supposedly showed it was a God-sham all along).

Wile E. Coyote

I don't think so. I just think he was stating the obvious, that voting for Obama is powerful evidence that a person was most likely never saved.
I could not disagree with you more. Paul said, "Just as you received Christ so also walk in Him."

One's political views play a role in our walking in Christ no more than they played a role in our receiving Christ.

The gospel is about believing in Jesus. To make one's political views a "powerful evidence" that one was never saved is to take away from the simplicity of the gospel, and it is to make oneself the judge of the salvation of others.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
I agree that thinking Christians should not vote for Obama, but if they did, it does not mean they are not Christians (just made a bad decision).

Wile E. Coyote

I agree that thinking Christians should not vote for Obama, but if they did, it does not mean they are not Christians (just made a bad decision).
Thinking Christians should not vote for a Mormon either.

Thinking Christians should not vote at all and I don't. Paul said that we are aliens here. Aliens do not vote.

Besides, to vote requires compromise. Therefore, to make voting a "powerful evidence" of salvation or damnation is a total and complete perversion of the gospel.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Thinking Christians should not vote for a Mormon either.

Thinking Christians should not vote at all and I don't. Paul said that we are aliens here. Aliens do not vote.

Besides, to vote requires compromise. Therefore, to make voting a "powerful evidence" of salvation or damnation is a total and complete perversion of the gospel.

A case could be made for Evangelicals supporting Romney. The anti-government, anti-voting JW view is not a biblical one.

You are right that voting or not is not the gospel, but you are wrong to think voting is not a legit option for us who are in the world, but not of it.

We don't put our hope in politics, but in the King/kingdom of God/Church.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Huh? Salvation is based on receiving or rejecting Jesus, not on works (what do or do not do). The issue is not the security of believers (believers are secure), but whether one can reject Christ after having received Him. If one can be a former atheist, present theist, there is no logical or biblical reason why a present theist cannot become an atheist, as stupid as it is.

It's a shame you don't know what you're talking about! In fact,
what you just said sounds, totally illogical, from a Spiritual perspective!