toldailytopic: Man made global warming crisis: is the hoax finally dead for good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeeJay

Global Warming! You want me to worry about Global Warming? I'm 74. I'm still worried about Acid Rain. The environmentalists warned me that this Acid Rain would take the paint off my car, cause me to go bald, make me impotent. I'm still worried about that last one. Why haven't we done something about Acid Rain? Let's fix this first.

I am not exactly a die-hard environmentalist. But I do my part. For example on Earth Day, I chop down at least two trees--one for me and one for a friend of mine who is unable. And I eat a rare steak from one of my cows that I've slaughtered. And if I happen to dump oil on the ground (I change my own oil) or accidently let some Freon into the air, I burn a few tires to make up for it.

God bless, Tom from Mabank, TX

Aimiel

Why do you suppose the scientists had to "fudge" the data?
Because, just like the ozone layer we nearly destroyed with chloro-flourocarbons, it's merely a matter of trace gasses being just a hair off of their limits that can potentially cause catastrophe. Had we continued dumping tons of them into the air every year, we'd most likely be discussing the effects of global warming, rather than the possibilities. The hole in the ozone layer has healed itself, but we have greater things at risk right now, even though we haven't yet determined what is causing it.

Aimiel

Global Warming! You want me to worry about Global Warming? I'm 74. I'm still worried about Acid Rain. The environmentalists warned me that this Acid Rain would take the paint off my car, cause me to go bald, make me impotent. I'm still worried about that last one. Why haven't we done something about Acid Rain? Let's fix this first.

I am not exactly a die-hard environmentalist. But I do my part. For example on Earth Day, I chop down at least two trees--one for me and one for a friend of mine who is unable. And I eat a rare steak from one of my cows that I've slaughtered. And if I happen to dump oil on the ground (I change my own oil) or accidently let some Freon into the air, I burn a few tires to make up for it.

It nearly destroyed the Black Forest in Germany, and has destroyed thousands of paint jobs on cars.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Because, just like the ozone layer we nearly destroyed with chloro-flourocarbons, it's merely a matter of trace gasses being just a hair off of their limits that can potentially cause catastrophe. Had we continued dumping tons of them into the air every year, we'd most likely be discussing the effects of global warming, rather than the possibilities. The hole in the ozone layer has healed itself, but we have greater things at risk right now, even though we haven't yet determined what is causing it.
But the data is all fake.

It's a hoax.

There is no boogie man in your closet.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

:first: POTD

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
but I can't refute that the ice is melting, and raising the ocean's level. It's a shame about pretend scientists fudging data. Just brings ALL science into question. :duh:

You certainly can refute it. Just read the raw data, all of it, not filtered. The oceans are not rising, and the ice is not melting. Well, ice on Antarcitica is melting under that active volcano, but is getting thicker in other places. Look it up. It might be difficult with the google bomb.

Aimiel

You certainly can refute it. Just read the raw data, all of it, not filtered. The oceans are not rising, and the ice is not melting. Well, ice on Antarcitica is melting under that active volcano, but is getting thicker in other places. Look it up. It might be difficult with the google bomb.
I work with people who live near the alps in Switzerland, who are looking at portions of mountantops that have NEVER been seen before. Greenland and Iceland are losing their ice sheets. It isn't disputable.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Because, just like the ozone layer we nearly destroyed with chloro-flourocarbons,

My friend, that isn't true either. CFC's are heavier than air. So how did they go from the US to the poles in the upper atmosphere? Ozone is made by ultraviolet radiation from the sun. At the poles, it is weaker, and the ozone goes through a cycle of thick and thin. Ozone is O3, small 3 of course. O2 is hit and is broken up, and the free oxygen atom combines with O2 to make O3. O3 is not stable, and breaks up. That is the cycle that occurs at the poles.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I work with people who live near the alps in Switzerland, who are looking at portions of mountantops that have NEVER been seen before. Greenland and Iceland are losing their ice sheets. It isn't disputable.

Amiel, there are fossils of cold blooded animals in colder parts of the world. Who cares what they didn't see in their lifetime, compared to 6500 years.

Did you know that ice on Anarctica was getting thicker, except for over the active volcano?

DocJohnson

“I don’t believe that he’s [Algore] that much interested either in science or in economics of global warming… as a typical politician he simply understood the idea of global warming is an excellent political idea.”

“The politicians have been searching for such a beautiful idea [global warming] for decades, and they finally found that idea.”

“We are talking about two ideologies, and in this respect they are structurally very similar: they are against individual freedom, they are in favor of central masterminding of our fates, they are both very similar in telling us what to do, how to live, how to behave, what to eat, how to travel, what we can do and what we cannot do and so on. There is a huge similarity in this respect.”

- Czech Republic President Vaclav Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.