toldailytopic: Jehovah's Witnesses. What did they get wrong? What did they get right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Unlike you, I accept the truths of Hebrews for the Church.

Rabbi Tet, if you notice, I said nothing about losing faith. I said you can't sin your way out of salvation, and william here jumps out of his chair in anger. Then he babbles down a rabbit trail hoping I will follow in his misdirection slight of hand, saying Christ died for all sin right after he told me he didn't.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
In defense of Jehovah Witness's, not too many people would invite complete strangers into their house (and let them stay for 45 minutes).

Come to think of it, you don't hear too many criminal cases involving JW's; however....

15 “Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves.

aSeattleConserv

BANNED
Banned
Wow you guys are taking that way to seriously.

It was something a friend of mine actually said to a Jehovah's Witness. She said they left pretty quick after that and never visitted again.

I knew you were joking, many of us have played pranks like that ourselves (Me? Nevah!).

While there are false prophets in the Christian world (as Nick M. pointed out), when it comes to ANY Christian coming to an atheists door to spread the Word (according to their faith), I suppose a false prophet is better than none.

Persephone66

BANNED
Banned
I knew you were joking, many of us have played pranks like that ourselves (Me? Nevah!).

While there are false prophets in the Christian world (as Nick M. pointed out), when it comes to ANY Christian coming to an atheists door to spread the Word (according to their faith), I suppose a false prophet is better than none.

Yeah, because it works so well.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
What would you do if a glorified, glowing Jesus with nail prints showed up at your door? Would you slam it on his face? Rev. 1; Jn. etc. shows people being blown away in the majesty of His presence.

He came as a carpenter the first time and he stood before Pilate and was mocked. He is coming again as King of kings and Lord of lords and Pilate and you will stand before Him as Judge, Jury, Executioner.

Today is a day of grace, mercy, love. Those who reject it will face His wrath and justice.

He died for us, so let us live for Him (Jn. 3:16 vs Jn. 3:36).

Persephone66

BANNED
Banned
What would you do if a glorified, glowing Jesus with nail prints showed up at your door? Would you slam it on his face? Rev. 1; Jn. etc. shows people being blown away in the majesty of His presence.

He came as a carpenter the first time and he stood before Pilate and was mocked. He is coming again as King of kings and Lord of lords and Pilate and you will stand before Him as Judge, Jury, Executioner.

Today is a day of grace, mercy, love. Those who reject it will face His wrath and justice.

He died for us, so let us live for Him (Jn. 3:16 vs Jn. 3:36).

I'd probly shoot him.

Persephone66

BANNED
Banned
Glowing ,undead and bleeding sounds rather creepy. Aim for the head, always double tap.

What would you do if Hitler or Satan showed up at your door?

I'd show Hitler my 66 Beetle and thank him for making VW a reality. Then I'd say this from my grandfather, beat him until he's unconcious, wait until he comes to, give him another beating until it's no longer fun. Then I'd let my girlfriend use him for target practice, with her Barrett .50 cal.

Satan, on the other hand, while I hear he's a big fan, showing up on my door step sounds rather stakerish. Nobody likes a stalker. So yeah, he'd get shot too.

Any other mythological figures or deceased you want to ask me about? How about Michael Jackson? Or Rick James? Ra? Zeus? Loch Ness Monster?

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Rom 10:9 that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.

This confession of Jesus as Lord/Kurios is the same idea as in 1Co_12:3; Phi_2:11. A Jew would not do this unless he had really trusted Christ, for Kurios in the LXX is used of the one God. A Gentile would not do it unless he had ceased worshipping the Roman emperor as Kurios. The word Lord/Kurios, recognizing Jesus as GOD, was and is the verbal confession and evidence of the true believer. Early Christians went to their deaths as martyrs voicing this unwaivering declaration.

The word raised/ egeiro is used throughout the NT of Jesus' literal physical resurrection from literal physical death.

If I understand them correctly, JWs confess neither of these truths regarding Jesus Christ.
Salvation?

godrulz

Hall of Fame
JWs deny salvific Deity and physical resurrection of Christ. They are slaves of the WT organization who does their thinking for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.