toldailytopic: Is drinking alcohol a sin?

StanJ53

My favorite argument from those who claim alcohol is a sin is that it was just grape juice in the Biblical accounts of the wedding at Capernaum and the last supper, etc.

Yeh, like all those people really DIDN'T know what the best wine tasted like!

:doh:

Selaphiel

My favorite argument from those who claim alcohol is a sin is that it was just grape juice in the Biblical accounts of the wedding at Capernaum and the last supper, etc.

Those guys should see what happens to non-fermented fruit juices without the gift of refrigeration...

Alcohol is something that was going for mankind way before Christianity and probably quite some time before the Bible was written. I guess during the dark ages they say that people of all kinds and ages drank it practically like water, and probably for good reason since is was most likely the only anti-bacterial agent around. So, it was a tradition that was grandfathered into Abrahamic religion.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame

Psalm 104:15 and wine to gladden the heart of man, oil to make his face shine and bread to strengthen man’s heart.

I'm not thinking its plain old grape juice that makes a mans heart happy.