toldailytopic: In retrospect how badly did the Obama administration handle the terror

IMJerusha

<snip>
Strange that this wasn't brought up in the debates....:think:

It was...Ryan brought it up in the VP debate. Biden spilled the fact that they knew it was coming and additional security was denied. Now the Obama admin is putting a lovely spin on it and Obama is saying that Biden doesn't know what he's talking about.
Yeah, that's the team we want leading our country, eh? :argue:
Ya think American Ambassadors in terrorist hotspots around the world are thinking twice about their appointments?

WizardofOz

It was...Ryan brought it up in the VP debate. Biden spilled the fact that they knew it was coming and additional security was denied. Now the Obama admin is putting a lovely spin on it and Obama is saying that Biden doesn't know what he's talking about.
Yeah, that's the team we want leading our country, eh? :argue:
Ya think American Ambassadors in terrorist hotspots around the world are thinking twice about their appointments?

Ok...what does this have to do with Obama encouraging the growth of al-Qaeda, which was Nick M's claim? :idunno:

Ryan accused Obama or Biden of encouraging the growth of al-Qaeda? I watched the debate, I must have closed my eyes and plugged my ears at that exact moment.

This Charming Manc

No time for the teaching for the Jesus, but willing to an pull obscure verse from Joshua, to say we should kill more people and that its good :)

Why doesn't this surprise me one bit?

10 Joshua turned back at that time and took Hazor, and struck its king with the sword; for Hazor was formerly the head of all those kingdoms. 11 And they struck all the people who were in it with the edge of the sword, utterly destroying them. There was none left breathing. Then he burned Hazor with fire.

This relates to dealing with Islam. However, our DoD avoids civilian casulties.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
You do understand how a drone strike works, right?

Do children count as innocent? Look up Hashmat Effendi and the girl named Shakira that she has cared for since finding her in a trashcan after such a strike.

I would post her picture or those of children killed by US drone strikes if it were to compel you.

Maybe you would listen to someone like David Kilcullen, a leading theorist on counterinsurgency and counterterrorism.

"If we want to strengthen our friends and weaken our enemies in Pakistan, bombing Pakistani villages with unmanned drones is totally counterproductive," Dr. David Kilcullen tells Danger Room. Kilcullen, a former Australian colonel, is considered one of the leading thinkers on counterinsurgency, providing advice to both U.S. Central Command chief Gen. David Petraeus and former Secretary of State Condolleeza Rice.

Unmanned aerial vehicles, or UAVs, have struck targets in Pakistan at least 40 times in the last year. The most recent attack came just days after President Obama was sworn in. Twenty-two people were reportedly killed in the strike.

U.S. officials say the drones have taken out dozens of militants who were undermining American efforts in the region. Perhaps so, Kilcullen acknowledges. But using drones to attack those militants "increase the number and radicalism of Pakistanis who support extremism, and thus undermine the key strategic program of building a willing and capable partner in Pakistan," he writes in Monday’s Small Wars Journal blog. Kilcullen gave much the same message, in testimony last week before the Senate Foreign Relations Committee.

Kilcullen doesn’t think all UAV attacks are bad. "While ever al Qa’ida remains active and can threaten the international community from bases within Pakistan, the need to strike terrorist targets on Pakistani territory will remain. But our policy should be to treat this as an absolute, and rarely invoked, last resort," he notes.

source

It's nearly impossible not to kill innocents with drone strikes. Remaining incredulous is rather naive.

Interview

Was the drone strike to target an innocent or was the innocent a human shield for the target, I believe it was the latter. Innocents are never targeted deliberately they are unfortunate victims of being in the wrong place at the wrong time otherwise known as collateral damage. It is you that are naive if you do not see this, the point being innocents are not targets...

WizardofOz

Requoting for the retard above with reading comprehension problems. You are like a retarded 5th grader.
In retrospect, your quote....
He has encouraged and armed al-qaeda called the "Arab Spring".

Is around a 5th grade level. Al-Qaeda is called "the Arab spring"? This doesn't even make sense. My bad for taking you of all people serious.

When did Obama encourage al-Qaeda? That is your claim, correct? Kindly provide a source. You clearly don't know what you're talking about.

WizardofOz

Was the drone strike to target an innocent or was the innocent a human shield for the target, I believe it was the latter. Innocents are never targeted deliberately they are unfortunate victims of being in the wrong place at the wrong time otherwise known as collateral damage. It is you that are naive if you do not see this, the point being innocents are not targets...

You said "They hated us way before any drone strikes but, again what intel do you have that any of our drone strikes have been on innocents?"

Our drone strikes have been "on innocents". Of course children are not deliberate targets. You're clearly moving the goal posts.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Is around a 5th grade level. Al-Qaeda is called "the Arab spring"? This doesn't even make sense.

You are a flaming reatarded moron whose short bus broke down while coasting down hill. The Arab Spring is radical islam coming to power. It is a bad thing. Yeah, you should apologize for your extreme stupidity.

WizardofOz

You are a flaming reatarded moron whose short bus broke down while coasting down hill. The Arab Spring is radical islam coming to power. It is a bad thing. Yeah, you should apologize for your extreme stupidity.

Now I am confused. You told me al-Qaeda is called the Arab Spring. Make up your mind already...

Originally Posted by Nick M
"He has encouraged and armed al-qaeda called the "Arab Spring"."

Is Arab Spring on our terrorist organization list?

This Charming Manc

No he is right the Arab spring is a lot more complex than its just the same as al Al Queda.

It was the seeping away old corrupt regimes, and a lot of the impetus for that didn't come from radical Islam, but secular western orientated Arabs.

In the medium term due to the west lukewarm backing for the Arab spring, and the problems with democracy (people choosing the leaders they want, not the ones we want ) we have seen a rise in power of the Muslim brotherhood in North Africa, this is a different organisation with different philosophy than al Queda.

In Syria I think we will see a long standing Al Queda presence, but we have the Russians and Chinese to thank for arranging that for us.

Nick Muslims are no more united than Americans, there are different factions, perspectives and agendas at working what is a very turbulent situation.

Your single categorization and final solution is well barbaric at best demonic at worst, you would be as much of a monster as those you claim to oppose.

Maybe I suggest reading some books someday, travelling wider, and engaging with people with hold differing opinions and you wouldn't be such a retard.

WizardofOz

(people choosing the leaders they want, not the ones we want )

Exactly right. This is the "trouble" with democracy. The same happened with Hamas in Palestine.

A person can be glad that democracy is spreading and not necessarily support the leaders or parties that rise to power because of it.

Maybe I suggest reading some books someday, travelling wider, and engaging with people with hold differing opinions and you wouldn't be such a retard.

:chuckle: good one

But yeah, he would

Alate_One

You're the moron. You apparently think anyone with brown skin or a headscarf in the middle east is "radical Islam" or Al-Qaeda.

PureX

Someone screwed up in not providing the appropriate protection. Blaming a whole "administration" is a bit of a stretch, though, in that it's not as if the whole "administration" knew about the lack of security and deliberately refused to correct it.

Someone screwed up, though, and whoever it was should be half accountable.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
You said "They hated us way before any drone strikes but, again what intel do you have that any of our drone strikes have been on innocents?"

Our drone strikes have been "on innocents". Of course children are not deliberate targets. You're clearly moving the goal posts.

I have not moved the goal posts wiz, I was clarifying what I meant by the statement. Innocents were never targeted, they were unfortunately in the wrong place at the wrong time, clearly.