toldailytopic: In politics, should party trump person?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for April 5th, 2012 09:01 AM

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

King cobra

DOCTA
LIFETIME MEMBER
Only if Trump is the person giving the party.

donald_trump.jpg

WizardofOz

Only if Trump is the person giving the party.

donald_trump.jpg

:crackup:

:first:

To the OP...no....never. The person in question too often forgets this, unfortunately. Politicians have to sell out in order to be politically viable. The party always ultimately trumps people and this is a large part of what's wrong with our government.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
No, not ever. The individual should be examined to see if he is a man of principle who will stand up for righteous laws and seek for the overturning of evil ones.

Politics as usual is what had gotten America into the mess it is in. We don't need a politician as our next president. Politicians have stopped their ears to the wishes of the public. We need a leader who will get back the the original ideals upon which America was founded and for which our soldiers have fought and died.

“We here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain, that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom; and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth.”
----- President Abraham Lincoln (1809-1865)

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The only way that political party means anything to me is that I will never vote for a democrat. That doesn't mean that I will vote for a republican all the time, though (much to the dismay of chrysostom). I, pretty much, vote for people who don't make impossible campaign promises during election season. That means that I usually write in my presidential/vice presidential choices, of course. :chuckle: The last two presidential elections I voted for the Constitution Party and the American Tax Payer's Party, respectively. I haven't decided who I'm going to vote for this time, yet. I was going to vote for Judge Roy Moore. But, he got his old job back via election.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame

Not unless you favor form over function and appearance to substance.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
anyone watching the supreme court must know that it was the party that determined that court
but
I know some of you can't tell the difference
so
why don't you listen to those who can?

Cleekster

:crackup:

:first:

To the OP...no....never. The person in question too often forgets this, unfortunately. Politicians have to sell out in order to be politically viable. The party always ultimately trumps people and this is a large part of what's wrong with our government.
+1000

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
no.....and i have no respect for people who do(vote the party)because it's the lazy, ignorant way.

you are showing your ignorance of how the system works
or
you are just another closet democrat afraid to show your true colors

Seydlitz77

If the people of the party no longer represent your views of Just and Good Government then it is time to jump to another party to find the people that do represent your views. However I can understand how that may be hard in the US as you have only two (viable) parties to choose from.

I definitely prefer a multiple party system, gives you a better chance to choose people close to your own political views. When an american friend tells me they voted for one party because they were the lesser of two evils in their mind then I personally think its time for more parties.