toldailytopic: If you were the King of the USA, how would you rule?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Philovitist

I would...

Abnegate my title, start a New Constitutional Convention, and work with delegates from each state to write a new, more efficient constitution from scratch, that is still based on the ideals of the Declaration of Independence, as well as secularity, since secularity and tolerance is the key to a state's growth (see World Empire, a book that describes relative tolerance as a key factor in the growth of history's global hegemonies).

With a modernized constitution that still maintains the rights of the people and concurrently achieves greater efficiency for government, we'll be more capable to compete with other nations.

A much better result that letting some egotistic monarch rule an entire nation by himself.

Alate_One

First, I would fix our election system so that it would actually elect people that represent the people. This would be accomplished either through public financing of campaigns, and/or full disclosure of all politically motivated donations. (power will be handed back once the system is "fixed"). ;)

Corporations will no longer be considered people and will not be treated as such. Tax loopholes and subsidies will be eliminated across the board and overall tax rates can be lowered. However new higher tax brackets will be created and they will be *indexed to inflation*. Taxes will be reset to approximately Bill Clinton era levels.

More funding for K-12 and higher education, but with a focus on what actually educates children rather than just higher test scores.

More, and more importantly smarter funding for research. Risk taking grants along with "sure bets".

Implement a health system ala Germany and Switzerland. Private "sickness funds" rather than for-profit insurance companies which are all mandated to use the same forms and systems to cut down on redundancy. Or a single payer healthcare system (saves more money).

Less money for corporate subsidies, defense contractors, Big Ag and cheap offerings of federal mineral and timber rights.

Regulations on factory farms so that clean water act targets can be met.

That's what I can think of before I fall asleep.

The Horn

BANNED
Banned
Inzl Ket, you want to "ban sodomy"? How would you and your minions enforce the law? Put up surveillance cameras in every home and
bedroom and elsewhere and arrest any one caught in the act of homosexual sex?
And what would you do with them? Would you have them imprisoned for life or executed ?
And how will you enforce the law if abortion is banned? How will you stop women who can afford it from flying off to Europe and elsewhere for safe legal ones, and stop back-alley abortionists from doing a brisk business ? They certainly will.
How will you stop the poorest women from trying to abort themselves and dying? Will you provide help to the unfortunate children they already have when they are left without mothers?
Will you appoint a huge force of anti-abortion agents to scours all 50 states 24/7 to make sure no abortions are happening?
Will you require every woman once she is found out to be pregnant to be under constant surveillance ot make sure she does not have an abortion? Have young girls register for surveillance once they have their first period so they can be prevented from having abortions if they get pregnant?
How will you avoid bankrupting America in your futile attempt to stop abortion?
And you're no doubt one of those right-wing types who are always calling fro "freedom" to be "restored" to America.
Some freedom. What you envision makes the former Soviet Union sound like a great place to live ! Some freedom !

How are you going to avoid bankrupting America in th efutile attempt to stop abortion?

Todah

As Others have said I would attempt with all my heart to rule Biblically.

My favorite King was King Josiah, who tore down the high places and the Asherah poles and destroyed the vessels to Baal. He closed down the houses of the male cult prostitutes. He stopped child sacrifice, where parents burnt their children to death to Molech at Topheth.

The United States is being destroyed from within through sexual licenstiousness and the false religion of Islam. Muslims do not worship the same God of the Bible as Jews and Christians. They worship hasatan in the form of Allah the moon god.

Therefore as King I would try to be as godly as Josiah was.

First Commandment: I am the Lord Thy God, thou shalt have no other gods before me.
I would decree the closing of all mosques and declare the destruction of those mosques that refuse to close their doors.

Sixth Commandment: Thou shalt not murder.
I would decree that abortion is murder of an innocent human being.
I would then decree the closing of all abortion facilities, and the destruction of those facilities that refuse.

Seventh Commandment: Thou shalt not commit adultery.
Adultery would once again be a crime, and no fault divorces would be eliminated. Punishment for adulterers would be loss of all personal property.

Eight commandment: Thou shalt not steal. "I love Mexican people, their culture, their music, their disposition." God loves them and made them. "ILLEGAL" {did I say ILLEGAL?}I really mean to say ILLEGAL immigrants, are not welcome, no benefits, immediate deportation, borders are secured.

Abominations: Homosexuality is an abomination. Do it in the privacy of your own homes. If you come out, if you parade in pride, if you whine and cry, about your plight in public, the penalty is the same as for adultery, you forfeit all your personal property. My government will not invade your privacy, you will not invade the public square, with your sin and debauchery.

Those would be my priorities as King.........Thanks for asking!:)

Skavau

Todah said:
First Commandment: I am the Lord Thy God, thou shalt have no other gods before me.
I would decree the closing of all mosques and declare the destruction of those that refuse to close their doors.
Based on your phrasing here, does this mean you would make it mandatory to be a theist?

Newman

I'd get a job and actually do something productive. I wouldn't steal from my constituents and then set up massive bureaucracies to inefficiently administer state functions. I wouldn't ban anything, force anybody to do anything, or do anything to anybody that they wouldn't be able to do because they aren't the king. I'd use my position to help educate and lead an intellectual movement that respects human rights--what they are, where they come from, and how they are respected in civil society.

1PeaceMaker

I'd get a job and actually do something productive. I wouldn't steal from my constituents and then set up massive bureaucracies to inefficiently administer state functions. I wouldn't ban anything, force anybody to do anything, or do anything to anybody that they wouldn't be able to do because they aren't the king. I'd use my position to help educate and lead an intellectual movement that respects human rights--what they are, where they come from, and how they are respected in civil society.

I'd hire you! :first:

kmoney

Hall of Fame
I would decree the closing of all mosques and declare the destruction of those mosques that refuse to close their doors.

Why close mosques? And why only mosques? Would you allow places of other religions to remain open?

Todah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todah View Post

Kmoney
Why close mosques? And why only mosques? Would you allow places of other religions to remain open?

Because Islam is a real threat to the American way of life, of the past two hundred plus years. They either want to overthrow countries by Jihad, or through peaceful means, and establish Sharia law and their religion over the whole world, which obviously includes the USA.

Buddhism, Hinduism, etc. are not a threat to destroy America from within. Islam is, and it is evident from their posturing, { A cultural center near ground Zero} and their propaganda, {Islam is a religion of peace} and their history. {Wars and beheadings and dismemberment, and almost no freedom of religion, subjugation of women, slavery and execution of homosexuals.}

My conclusion is that they worship a different God than Jews and Christians. This country was founded upon Judeo-Christian values and beliefs. Islam is a religion of Hasatan, as evidenced by their history of killing, robbing and destroying. John 10:10

warren clark

If I were King, it wouldn't be too much different.
Just no religious prefrence would be reflected in the law.
There would be no censorship.
People are free to come and go.
I would put a cap on monopolies like Walmart.
I believe every person that wants to open a business should have a fair shot.

I would ban abortion and make crimes such as rape and child molestation death penalty offenses.

i dont believe in the death penalty for anything but murder...

and even then it should be something like serial murder or murdering police officers...

this is not to downplay rape and etc...

its just that.. preferably, the death sentence should only be in the case where society is endangered by murderers... and if they can be kept behind bars, maybe we shouldn't even have the death penalty for them...

i belive this is what my Church (Roman Catholic) teaches...

i have not always agreed w/ this in its entirty,... but i have seen a lot of corruption !!!!

i think we should be allowed to do as God does w/ ppl... give them as much time as they need to repent...

but if there is any possibility of them getting out ... they should be put to death...

I'm not sure the US is a good place for keeping murderers..

Ted Bundy was in custody but escaped... and killed 2 more femalse, one a child...

Status
Not open for further replies.