toldailytopic: If you were making the pics for tonight's Oscar Awards who woul

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for February 24th, 2013 06:00 AM

toldailytopic: If you were making the pics for tonight's Oscar Awards who would the winners be?

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

Last edited:

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
I haven't been following the movie scene for quite sometime now, so I haven't seen any of the movies.

I do know that Denzel Washington is up for best actor for his role in "Flight", and if his acting in this movie is anything like past performances, I'd like to see him get the oscar fot that.
http://movies.yahoo.com/oscars/nominees/

I've seen some previews for "Argo" and it looks interesting. I know that Ben Affleck is a real lefty, and CNN had loser president extraordinaire Jimmy Carter on yesterday asking what his thoughts on the movie was.
http://piersmorgan.blogs.cnn.com/20...for-best-film-because-i-think-it-deserves-it/

I don't know if I could sit through it, as it has the politically correct left-wing version to it.
http://spectator.org/archives/2012/10/30/argo

I see that TOL's movie critic is here ready to make his predictions.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
toldailytopic: If you were making the pics for tonight's Oscar Awards who would the winners be?

Overall it's Lincoln's night at the Oscars.

Best Picture: Lincoln
Possible Spoiler: Argo

Best Actor: Daniel Day-Lewis

Best supporting actor: Tommy Lee Jones
Possible spoiler: Di Niro

Best Actress: Jennifer Lawrence

Best supporting actress: Anne Hathaway

Director: Steven Spielberg

Animated Feature: Brave
Possible spoiler: Wreck it Ralph

Original Screeenplay: Zero Dark Thirty
Possible spoiler: Django Unchained

My favorite: Moonrise Kingdom

Adapted Screenplay: Silver Linings Playbook
Possible spoiler: Argo

Cinematography: Life of Pi

Foreign Language Film: Amour

Score: Williams for Lincoln
Possible upset: Dario Marianelli for Anna Karenina

Song: Suddenly

Last edited:

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
BEST PICTURE Argo?
Maybe "Beasts of the Southern Wild" because it is new Hollywood; I doubt Lincoln will win

BEST ACTOR Daniel Day-Lewis likely to win, if Lincoln loses

BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR Tommy Lee Jones

BEST ACTRESS Emmanuelle Riva

BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS Anne Hathaway
I still think Sally Field may win, but I will go with Anne

Steven Spielberg, may take Best Director, and in past, this would bring in best picture, but I think that no longer true

Last edited:

bybee

Overall it's Lincoln's night at the Oscars.

Best Picture: Lincoln
Possible Spoiler: Argo

Best Actor: Daniel Day-Lewis

Best supporting actor: Tommy Lee Jones
Possible spoiler: Di Niro

Best Actress: Jennifer Lawrence

Best supporting actress: Anne Hathaway

Director: Steven Spielberg

Animated Feature: Brave
Possible spoiler: Wreck it Ralph

Original Screeenplay: Zero Dark Thirty
Possible spoiler: Django Unchained

My favorite: Moonrise Kingdom

Adapted Screenplay: Silver Linings Playbook
Possible spoiler: Argo

Cinematography: Life of Pi

Foreign Language Film: Amour

Score: Williams for Lincoln
Possible upset: Dario Marianelli for Anna Karenina

Song: Suddenly

I pretty much agree with you. I was stunned by D.D.Lewis's performance.
I thought
Les Mis" was outstanding also.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
I haven't seen the major films so I can't really say who should win. I'll just say that I've been enjoying seeing Zero Dark Thirty losing the highest awards so far and hope it continues.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I haven't seen the major films so I can't really say who should win. I'll just say that I've been enjoying seeing Zero Dark Thirty losing the highest awards so far and hope it continues.
So...rooting against. Or as we call it around here, the Mississippi Burning effect. :think:

kmoney

Hall of Fame
So...rooting against. Or as we call it around here, the Mississippi Burning effect. :think:
:plain: I'd laugh, or have some reaction, if I knew what that comment meant. :chuckle:

We haven't heard anything about the film Lincoln, in Australia. Weird.

However, Daniel Day-Lewis is an extraordinary actor....

I saw a headline the other day that said Lewis may be the best actor of his generation. I've only seen him in that movie where he eats the guys milkshake. He was good in that.

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
I saw a headline the other day that said Lewis may be the best actor of his generation. I've only seen him in that movie where he eats the guys milkshake. He was good in that.

You've never seen The Last Of The Mohicans or My Left Foot? :noway:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
:plain: I'd laugh, or have some reaction, if I knew what that comment meant. :chuckle:
I'm laughing for both of us. :plain: Well, on the inside then.

I saw a headline the other day that said Lewis may be the best actor of his generation.
But he's what, 55? Who is the competition. Tim Robbins? :rotfl:

I've only seen him in that movie where he eats the guys milkshake. He was good in that.
Just keep watching basic cable. He will find you. :plain:

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
kmo said:
Should I have?

Yes.

Yes you should.

You should see Shine, too. Not DDL, but an unexpected performance by Geoffrey Rush, perhaps more familiar to you as Barbossa from the Pirates of the Caribbean series.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
First upset of the night as best supporting actor goes to Christoph Waltz for Django Unchained. :shocked:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
First upset of the night as best supporting actor goes to Christoph Waltz for Django Unchained. :shocked: