toldailytopic: If you were in charge of TOL which members would you ban?

WizardofOz

Ban Hammer?

Why would you want to do that?!?!
mc-hammer.jpeg

Lon

Knight, I have a hard time with this one for two reasons 1) On the forums where I mod, stuff goes on behind the scenes most of the regular board isn't privvy to. Because of that, our bans tend to be mod consensus and it works well. 2) Each forum has specific reasons for existence and it is always those that interfere with those purposes that get sabbaticals and eventually bans. Upon that point, I have full confidence in you and your staff to do what is right and necessary for your specific goals.
I'd imagine you've brought this up in the moderator section and I must think that advice there, is worth 20 of these Totd's in the bush, here.

Cheers and blessings,

Lon

BabyChristian

My smouldering gripe, is that my husband was permanently banned after ONE post on TOL, opposing Clete, who is nicer than ghost.

For Knight to ask such a question really galls me on this account, because I do not think Knight really cares about those who oppose hatefulness.

He has his groupies who he will defend to the death.

Nang

The good ol' boy's club. A clique. True dat.

Vaquero45

Hall of Fame
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for November 7th, 2011 06:58 PM

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

Most, if not all of my ignore list and a few others. :DK: lol

Todah

I have read all the posts and very few people have answered the question...........but I will!

I would ban people who never have nothing positive to add to any theological discussion. This is called "theology" online isn't it?

Presephone????

Uberpod?????

Granite the apostate!

Apple7 the antisemite, with the worst title for a thread ever, on TOL

I would erase and ban that entire thread!!!:kookoo:

In general I would ban any atheist after I have decided that they only hang around to mock my Lord and Saviour, and His children.

Fool is an example of a non believer who actually contributes to discussions and is not here just to mock. I like him, and he has a good sense of humor.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Ghost. Without hesitation.

Things I've heard him say, to others; Christians and non-Christians alike is just flat-out unbelievable.

How anyone can call themselves a Christian, claim to understand the gospel and wish others to go to hell is completely beyond me.

It makes me think he either doesn't understand the gospel, or hell, or both.
What you don't understand is what he means by "go to hell." He is referring to 1 Cor 5:5

:think: Just how would you ban the most unbannable man in the world?
You must have been sick that day [week, month, I forget how long] but Knight was banned from TOL for a bit.

Apple7 the antisemite, with the worst title for a thread ever, on TOL

I would erase and ban that entire thread!!!:kookoo:
While I agree that Apple7 could have chosen a more descriptive title for what he was actually saying you are completely wrong about him being an anti-Semite. If you bothered to read his opening post in that thread you would see that he was not referring to all Jews, just the Jews that rejected Jesus as Messiah. And in that he is correct, Jesus did say those things about them.

His choice to title the thread just a bit vague was to draw people in, and you were too incensed to look at the actual message; shame on you.

bybee

What you don't understand is what he means by "go to hell." He is referring to 1 Cor 5:5

You must have been sick that day [week, month, I forget how long] but Knight was banned from TOL for a bit.

While I agree that Apple7 could have chosen a more descriptive title for what he was actually saying you are completely wrong about him being an anti-Semite. If you bothered to read his opening post in that thread you would see that he was not referring to all Jews, just the Jews that rejected Jesus as Messiah. And in that he is correct, Jesus did say those things about them.

His choice to title the thread just a bit vague was to draw people in, and you were too incensed to look at the actual message; shame on you.

Shame on you for falling for his not so subtle titling! The title was chosen deliberately to chastise Jews and increase antisemitism, as if there isn't enough already!
Had he chosen a less provocative title for his thread I would have been willing to listen to him.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
at the moment can't think of anyone to ban
but
I wish it was easier to put someone on ignore
and
I wish we could delete posts from our threads

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Shame on you for falling for his not so subtle titling!
I read his post. I fell for nothing.

The title was chosen deliberately to chastise Jews and increase antisemitism,
You don't know that.

Had he chosen a less provocative title for his thread I would have been willing to listen to him.
This is what I'm talking about. You weren't willing to even listen to find out if your rush to judgment was even correct. You judged based on outward appearance, which Christ commanded not to do [John 7:24]. Shame on you!

bybee

I read his post. I fell for nothing.

You don't know that.

This is what I'm talking about. You weren't willing to even listen to find out if your rush to judgment was even correct. You judged based on outward appearance, which Christ commanded not to do [John 7:24]. Shame on you!

You are incorrect. I did not rush to judgment. I assumed the title was to catch attention and it did. In the beginning I read most of the posts.
He, Apple, is very erudite and persuasive. He knows how to put a twist on words.
And you, oh mouthy one? You have not rushed to judgment on this web site?

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
You are incorrect. I did not rush to judgment. I assumed the title was to catch attention and it did. In the beginning I read most of the posts.
He, Apple, is very erudite and persuasive. He knows how to put a twist on words.
And you, oh mouthy one? You have not rushed to judgment on this web site?
I have never judged without hearing someone out.

Can you show a quote from Apple7 that shows him to be anti-Semitic?

Todah

Hey lighthouse, I have had the great displeasure of reading almost the entire thread. He has been rebuked many times over, and clearly shown, biblically, many times over, the error of his theology. He continues unrepentant.
Even Knight actually banned him for one of his posts, specifically. I don't have the time to look it up for you.

Maybe I wasn't clear enough...Apple 7 is a Jew baiting, Jew hating, antisemite. That type of person should be banned permanently unless they repent.

He uses the words of Jesus twists them to his own understanding and then says, no I didn't say it, Jesus did.

Martin Luther's theology and attitude towards the Jews is nearly identical to Apple 7's.