toldailytopic: If you had it to do all over again, what one thing would you do differ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for July 28th, 2010 09:48 AM

toldailytopic: If you had it to do all over again, what one thing would you do differently?

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

ragTagblues

There are a few to many for my peace of mind; but number 1 is easy:

I would have never even have contemplated smoking a cigarette . . . Man that stuff is pure evil, 15 years it takes for the body to recover from it . . . that's a hell of a poison, and the worst things its legal!

Otherwise probably all the normal things people would change if they could.

bybee

Easy

Easy

The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for July 28th, 2010 09:48 AM

toldailytopic: If you had it to do all over again, what one thing would you do differently?

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

I would learn to play the piano!
bybee

The Graphite

Gosh, what a list.

I wouldn't become a witch and lead others into witchcraft.

I wouldn't seriously injure my voice, permanently ruining my chance for a career as a radio broadcaster.

I wouldn't lose my virginity before marriage.

And I wouldn't make horrendous financial decisions, like buying a persian (style) rug while in Japan in the hopes of selling it at a higher price over here, or taking out a student loan so I could quit my job and not work, instead "focusing on my studies" (yeah, right) for a year of my college.

I wouldn't waste years of my life pursuing a degree in PR, a career path that is strongly contradictory to my personality type and abilities (requiring strong social skills and ability to network - what was I thinking??).

And I would have attended Derby School of Theology years ago, before founder Bob Hill retired. What a monumental loss of opportunity to learn from a truly amazing scholar and teacher.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
If you had it to do all over again, what one thing would you do differently?

I'd have lowered my expectations...just tremendously lowered them to the point where waking up felt like a victory.

Then life would be a breeze...

A walk in the park...

Tee Ball...:plain:

Buzzword

It's hard for me to pick something to do over again, since soooo many things had to happen in just the right way for me to have met my wife (praise God).

I'd say I wouldn't have gone to a "Christian" university especially the three years and massive monies I wasted at the university will haunt me for years to come, but being there put me in just the right physical location for my wife to find my profile on the dating site we both used.

I'd say I wouldn't have lost my virginity before marriage, but the relationship my wife and I initially shared was built around both of us just wanting to get laid.

About the only thing I can say for certain I would do differently, is not make a "hit list" to impress a rather homely girl my junior year of high school.
Made spending $400 on choir camp a waste, got me 30 days of "alternative education" (basically where they stick the gang members, drug dealers, etc.) AND got me 60 days probation and 40 hours of community service.
What makes it even more stupid is that within an HOUR of showing the girl the list (which in my nerdity I used my TI-83 calculator to write), I had COMPLETELY FORGOTTEN ABOUT IT.

When our "resource officer" (read, on-campus police officer) came to my next class to fetch me to the office (because apparently they thought I was dangerous, even though I had no criminal record and a clean disciplinary record up until then), I thought the principal just wanted to chat, she being a friend of my parents in our small town.

So yeah...aside from the "alternative education" staff reeeeally liking me (I was a straight-A student who had been taught to respect my elders...plus I got them pizza on my last day there), about the only thing I gained from the whole affair was a six-pack which faded within a week (due to the extreme workout routine they give delinquents...because the bullies aren't strong enough as it is).

Son of Jack

I'd have lowered my expectations...just tremendously lowered them to the point where waking up felt like a victory.

Kinda like limbo...:think:

Then life would be a breeze...

Hurricane-force??:idunno:

A walk in the park...

Depends on the park...I've walked through some parks where I decided it would be wiser to run.:shocked:

Tee Ball...:plain:

I struggled with Tee Ball...:plain:

assuranceagent

I'm pretty happy with my life, but if I had to change one aspect of my past it would be to attend a public university and pay my way through.

Private school + student loans = something a lot like slavery later.

:think: I swear I read somewhere that the borrower is the lender's slave. If I could just put my finger on it...

Son of Jack

You should dwell more on your accomplishments, rather than your struggles.

Things like.... I don't know....

...learning to tie your shoes.

Admit it, last Tuesday wouldn't have been the same without that notch in your belt. :plain:

You've done that...:plain:...Must be nice.

I'm from Mississippi and haven't seen a pair of those....ever.:plain:

assuranceagent

You've done that...:plain:...Must be nice.

I'm from Mississippi and haven't seen a pair of those....ever.:plain:

You can generally find the velcro variety in Alabama stores.

They're typically shelved near the banjos. Which are also sold in pairs.

...for dueling purposes. :plain:

Vaquero45

Hall of Fame
I was seriously considering joining Navy or Army at about 18/19. I let my dad talk me out of it. Wish I wouldnt have.

(there's plenty of other things I'd re-do also, lol)

zoo22

Many things.

What comes to mind is that I think I'd work to pay attention more... Appreciate.

Status
Not open for further replies.