toldailytopic: IF you could push a button and immediately be in Heaven, would you do

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

toldailytopic: IF you could push a button and immediately be in Heaven, would you do it?Or would you choose to live out your life until you die?

I think I would push that button.

2 Corinthians 5:8 KJV We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.
That verse came to my mind also.

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
:nono: Everyone is sure they are indispensible right up to their death-bed. I don't have that delusion...

If all things would be equal in the grand scheme of things I'd blow this Taco Stand the first opportunity. :plain:

Dena

I'd like to spend 10 more lifetimes on this planet, even if I had to spend them in chronic pain like I do now. There is so much to see and learn. I'm disappointed I only get one opportunity and it's short even if I live to a hundred.

BabyChristian

No, no silly.... the question is about going to heaven, not hell. :doh:
:chuckle:

Who is "Our Blessed Mother"? Where in the Bible does it speak of our blessed Mother?

This is a great question. I would choose to live out my life here on earth.

Eternity is a long time, (it's forever). Yet life here on earth is quick, therefore I want to enjoy every possible second of it. I will have plenty of time to enjoy heaven.

I have things on earth I want to straighten out and change in my life about me and show my loved ones it was not me, it was God that changed me so they'll come to Jesus too.

We're suppose to not be selfish and supposed to try to bring other people to Jesus so they can be with Him. God uses us to do so, so I want to live and have an impact on people on earth and bring as many people to God as I can. I plan to go on missions also. It's not ALL ABOUT ME, it's about other people on earth.

BabyChristian

Are Jews allowed in heaven? I don't know...could be a trick.

Jews need to wake up and read the N.T.

It's obvious the O.T. was pointing toward Jesus, the Christ.

For some reason Jews hated Jesus, they're making their choice where they will be. Seems they still hate Jesus.

It seems to be the way of Jews, wandering in the wilderness.

Vaquero45

Hall of Fame
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for June 14th, 2012 08:26 AM

toldailytopic: IF you could push a button and immediately be in Heaven, would you do it?Or would you choose to live out your life until you die?

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

Some days that sounds VERY tempting. I couldn't leave my kids/family behind on purpose though.

Vaquero45

Hall of Fame
I'd like to spend 10 more lifetimes on this planet, even if I had to spend them in chronic pain like I do now. There is so much to see and learn. I'm disappointed I only get one opportunity and it's short even if I live to a hundred.

That sounds cool sometimes to me too. Would be fun to take drastically different paths than I did to experience more neat things. I cant really complain too much, but some "adventure" would be cool.

Quincy

That is my thoughts on the situation. I love every moment of life, even the bad ones. I'd love to live 200, 300 years or more.

GuySmiley

Hell yes (or should that be "Heaven yes"), press an actual real empirical button to go to a supposed supernatural place, yes I'll risk it, because I'm rather sure that nothing would happen. :carryon:
Don't dodge the question, the hypothetical is that you WILL go to heaven. Would you push the button?

kmoney

Hall of Fame
:nono: Everyone is sure they are indispensible right up to their death-bed. I don't have that delusion...

If all things would be equal in the grand scheme of things I'd blow this Taco Stand the first opportunity. :plain:
But....who would run the Olive Oil business? :plain:

On topic.....No, I wouldn't hit the button. There are things I still want to do in this life. That wouldn't be an easy decision though.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
If Our Blessed Mother appeared to me at this very moment and told me that, if I were to confess my sins within the next day or so, that my confession would be valid, and immediately afterwards, I should fall down dead and spend the rest of all time in the fires of purgatory, I would immediately make haste to the nearest priest.

Why worry about a fictional place (purgatory)? or confessing your sin before a person that is as much of a dirty rotten sinner as you are? There is only one confession for sin to made, and it aint to any mortal man. Jesus Christ died once, for all sin, for all men/women, for all time. Why you do not believe the Bible instead of that tired, erroneous catholic doctrine is beyond me. Salvation rests in Jesus Christ's sacrifice alone, not in the doctrinal contrivances of the catholic church. Just Sayin...:)

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
On topic.....No, I wouldn't hit the button. There are things I still want to do in this life. That wouldn't be an easy decision though.

"He that loveth father or mother more than me, is not worthy of me; and he that loveth son or daughter more than me, is not worthy of me. [Matthew 10:37] [Latin] [38] And he that taketh not up his cross, and followeth me, is not worthy of me" (Matthew 10:37-38).

I don't like the "button" set up of the OP. It should have been more like: "If God told you right now that He would make you worthy to enter heaven, if only you agreed to die right now, would you say 'yes'?" Or something like that.

But either way, the answer should have been obvious.

Dena

Jews need to wake up and read the N.T.

I and many others have read it. I've read it, studied it tried to live it. I found it lacking, very much so.

It's obvious the O.T. was pointing toward Jesus, the Christ.

No, it isn't at all obvious. You see what you want to see.

For some reason Jews hated Jesus, they're making their choice where they will be. Seems they still hate Jesus.

Listen, just because a person doesn't want to sign up for your religion which focuses all it's energy on a dead guy and an afterlife it can't prove doesn't mean we hate him. Okay? Get a grip. Our world doesn't revolve around hating your demigod.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
"He that loveth father or mother more than me, is not worthy of me; and he that loveth son or daughter more than me, is not worthy of me. [Matthew 10:37] [Latin] [38] And he that taketh not up his cross, and followeth me, is not worthy of me" (Matthew 10:37-38).

I don't like the "button" set up of the OP. It should have been more like: "If God told you right now that He would make you worthy to enter heaven, if only you agreed to die right now, would you say 'yes'?" Or something like that.

But either way, the answer should have been obvious.
Knight worded it just fine. Don't nit pick. :sibbie: :D

And I suggest you read SoJ's post in the 1st page.

zippy2006

And I suggest you read SoJ's post in the 1st page.

But Trad is right; SoJ's is much different than yours. :p

My alternative phrasing would be "If God wished to take you tomorrow, would you be willing to go?"

I am also attached to the things of this world. :D