toldailytopic: If you could be elected President what four things would top your agen

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for May 14th, 2012 09:47 AM

toldailytopic: If you could be elected President what four things would top your agenda?

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

vegascowboy

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

toldailytopic: If you could be elected President what four things would top your agenda?

Most important to me...

1. Preservation of the TRADITIONAL family.
2. Make abortion a crime punishible by death.
3. Support of the US Contstitution as the Founders invisioned it.
4. Strengthen the borders, send illegals back to their land of origin.

And...remind everyone they have the backing of the US Contstitution to keep and bear arms.

(Sorry...I had to pick five!)

Alate_One

1. Get money out of politics

2. Make election day a national holiday.

3. Make gerrymandering irrelavent either by moving to proportional representation or forcing district lines to be drawn by independent commission/courts.

4.Streamline and fix the tax code and index tax brackets to inflation! :doh:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
1. Award all people the status of being a person.

2. Shrink government and remove much of their overbearing hand in business and society. That will jump the start the economy instantly, it will also stop people with wealth and companies from fleeing our borders. We want companies and wealth to feel that the best possible place for them to be..... is here.

3. Reduce tax rates on business and on the wealthy. By doing this the government will raise more tax revenue.

4. Use that extra revenue to build a strong military and advanced infrastructure (roads, buildings, bridges, etc.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Dismantle the military-industrial complex
Dismantle the central banks
Improve the national infrastructure
Improve the educational system

So in other words, I'd last about a day.:noid:

ragTagblues

1. Legalize marriage for gay people
2. Legalize marriage for lesbians
3. The ancient practices of Jedi to be taught at schools
4. All driving related taxes to be abolished

1. Even if the Supreme Court rules the provisions in the legislation "Constitutional," veto ALL legislation not authorized by the Constitution, with no partiality given to Evangelical sacred policies. Also veto the majority of appropriations bills.

2. Bring our troops home from all conflicts/occupancies in countries we have not officially declared war on, and strengthen true national security.

3. Resend, Resend, Resend numerous over-reaching executive orders and pardon, pardon, pardon people jailed solely for crossing numerous government bureaucracies including the IRS, FDA, DEA, ATF, and so on...

4. Shape the ideology of the nation by, while not overstepping my position legislatively, recognizing God (as any good government does) and interceding for His favor, as well as defending true Christian values with answers that are actually logical.

(Granted, what I say might be unorthodox, but I'd be willing to take off my president's coat and debate just about anything human to human, even with Evangelical leaders or atheists, if necessary. That may be considered to beneath the dignity of the office. Hence I don't think I would really enjoy being President. :bang:)

Many other issues, such as abortion, can not be done by just the president, and have to come from a changed Congress. Thus my answers are very unconventional.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Four rules strictly enforced.
1. No murder (death).
2. No adultery (death).
3. No theft (caning and restitution).
4. No perjury (penalty according to the penalty that inspired the lies).

YahuShuan

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

1) The Ten Commandments go back up! ALL TEN.
2) Conservative Supreme Court Justices
3) No more homo's or things abominable to Yahuweh.
4) Econoblast...Flat rate taxes. No more IRS as it currently exists. Do what it takes to cause America to produce what it uses and have enough to provide for those "who have ears" in other places. Totally remake the EPA and LOCK the SS lockbox for real, also making the various entities that abscounded with what is already been taken PAY IT BACK! KILL OFF THE UNITED NATIONS! Get it off our property and out of our business now before we got to get real mean about keeping out GOD GIVEN RIGHTS and Our Constitution. Put the God of the Bible back on top, FIRST in this land, and get rid of anyone who does not agree with HIS WORDS.

Or we can just wait and Yahuweh is going to do to us, what He thought to do to them...the abominable...IN HIS EYES. And I really do not think that anyone who reads this is going to escape seeing that be fulfilled. Yah is separating the sheep from the goats before our very eyes. Those who agree with Him. And those who "refuse" to. Targets are easy to see when there are only two sides. I think it is way past time to pay attention to Him who has been so far telling His Messengers to hold back the "winds". HE is warning us though. Big time. It doesn't matter what we think. What matters is what HE said. What HE said, is forever. If as a Nation, we can not agree with Him, and stand for RIGHTEOUSNESS...then hey...give it up man. Here's comes "Poooof!" See Isaiah 8:20, and I beg all in this land, do not be without light in you.

That's all I got to say 'bout that:)

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
1. I'd use the office to move the country to a Constitutional amendment establishing the rights of the unborn from conception forward.

2. I'd work to establish affordable, universal health care and alter regulations controlling insurance to allow for competition across state boundaries.

3. I'd provide significant tax breaks and benefits for companies employing and based in America.

4. I'd make colonizing other planets a priority and set a specific goal of establishing a permanent base on the moon with an eye toward a manned flight to Mars within the life in being of the next generation.

WandererInFog

1) Remove troops deployed to all foreign nations except: Japan, South Korea, Germany, and Turkey. With an ultimate goal of ending deployments to Japan and South Korea as well.

2) Cease purchasing Federal Reserve Notes and return to directly issuing United States Notes, while lobbying the Congress to strip the Federal Reserve of all of it's authority over US monetary policy.

3) Respect the rights granted to the States' and Individuals under the 10th (and other) Amendments. This would be done by vetoing any laws which violate those rights and regarding any existing laws which do as illegitimate and not be enforced, while issuing pardons to those convicted under such laws.

4) Require that criminal prosecution be pursued rather than fines in the cases of companies found to be violating laws and regulations, especially of the sort that helped contribute to the financial collapse we experienced in 2008.

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
1. Change the economic discussions. Right now many are saying our economy suffers from lack of demand. That is silly. There is plenty of demand but not enough purchasing power in the hands of those who are ill fed and impoverished.
2. Tell the rest of the world they either need to pay us for international policing or bring all the troops home from the 700+ foreign bases we maintain.
3. Do away with tax exempt status.
4. Remove the words "over 65" from the Medicare legislation. Bingo we then have health care for all.

HisServant

1.) Develop a plan to scale back ALL our military and re-engineer it for defensive purposes only.

2.) Change welfare into workfare.

3.) Get the government out of the healthcare business.. it's ham fistedness is the single greatest cause for healthcare being unaffordable to most people. Healthcare should be cheap enough that the average person can afford to pay non-catastrophic care out of pocket. This means allowing doctors to start having to compete for customers, which will drive down the price for all.

4.) Bar all government for negotiating with unions... unions are for private sector jobs only.

5.) Hold a national referendum on teaching people to act responsibly so that things like abortion would become unnecessary and contrary to the american way of life.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
I would spend most of my time educating the people as to what the president can and can not do

this seems to be the biggest problem

voters should know how important the senate is and that they can stop anything with just 40 votes

if I could teach them just that, I would have a sense of accomplishment

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

An absolute "The Buck Stops Here" policy.

Return our government to a government of the people, by the people, for the people.

Maintain a smaller military presence in foreign countries.

A better health, education and welfare system.

Buzzword

1) End all ALL foreign deployment of U.S. troops, ships, and aircraft; deconstruct ALL foreign U.S. military bases and ship the parts home, and use the newly-returned troops and building materials to fortify the Mexican border against the drug cartels.

2) Issue presidential pardons to every single person currently serving jailtime for drug possession if that is the only "crime" they committed, and formally end the domestic "war on drugs".

3) Lobby for complete freedom to farm whatever you feel like growing on your own property, a natural attachment to ending the "war on drugs."

4) Push for a balanced federal budget, giving special attention to lowering the allocated funds for Defense and drastically raising funds for Education. Couple this with a push for greater Pell Grant funding and a mandate for a nationwide raise in pay for primary and secondary educators.

kmoney

Hall of Fame

Tough to limit it to 4. :think:

1) End the Fed.

2) Try to limit the influence of money in politics and elections

3) Reform tax code and protectionism

4) Decrease military presence around the world / weaken military industrial complex.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
4. I'd make colonizing other planets a priority and set a specific goal of establishing a permanent base on the moon with an eye toward a manned flight to Mars within the life in being of the next generation.

I hope only if the planets aren't already inhabited. :D