toldailytopic: If the government requires that you register your existing hand gun an

Son of Jack

Are being a teacher and owning a gun comparable?

Which are apt to cause more harm?

Handguns or government school teachers?

In all seriousness, resurrected's question is a valid one. A pedophile, teaching at an elementary or middle school, has the potential to do far more harm than a handgun.

That said, we all know that background checks aren't full proof. I mean there was a time when every person who has committed a crime could have passed a background check with flying colors.

Ed Walton

A just-government, yes.
A unjust-government which refuses to punish those that would do evil; then dose punish the law-abiding citizen for the resulting carnage, no.

Christ's Word

The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for December 27th, 2012 12:38 PM

toldailytopic: If the government requires that you register your existing hand gun and get fingerprinted will you comply?

Funny, everyone but one avoided the registration question? Cowards.

Here is my answer, let's take the Nancy Reagan approach and just say no, and no.

Y'all on the eastern half of this country need to visit Free America, Wyoming, Utah, Arizona, Montana, the air is clean and the people are still free west of the Mississippi.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Was it me? :noid:
Doesn't matter, which is why the poster wasn't named. The point and important thing was that she got to spew at everyone else while running through a internet tough girl act punctuated with inferential self praise.

You must be new. :eek:

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
That's interesting. Zoo had a post between my #4 and #5 that melted into thin air.

#5 was a response to Zoo's.

Although I suppose it stands on its own.

Christ's Word

Actually I believe Lightbringer was the only one so far with the courage to answer the registration question specifically. He must be a veteran.

Christ's Word

I answered specifically.

My (state) government already requires it.

Have you read the Senate bill by Feinstein? I don't think that you realize what is coming, if you think your state is already doing it. Do you know anything about NFA registration as the bill proposes? You may want to take a closer look. Every NFA registered weapon requires a $200.00 tax. Have you payed $200.00 for each registered weapon to your state?

IMJerusha

Feinstein should pay more attention to her own state. Folks are leaving in droves....or so I'm told. Uhaul reported no trucks or trailers available in CA.

All that aside, register my guns? ...What guns? ;)

lightbringer

TOL Subscriber
Funny, everyone but one avoided the registration question? Cowards.

Here is my answer, let's take the Nancy Reagan approach and just say no, and no.

Y'all on the eastern half of this country need to visit Free America, Wyoming, Utah, Arizona, Montana, the air is clean and the people are still free west of the Mississippi.

Free America is the ground beneath my feet right up until some one can forcefully take it away or the borders are set by a separation of factions, hopefully that border will not be far from my little space cause my feet are old and tired but they will still stand their ground!

Internet tough guy? No not really but I am a patriotic American that will defend against all enemies foreign or domestic.

Letsargue

The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for December 27th, 2012 12:38 PM

toldailytopic: If the government requires that you register your existing hand gun and get fingerprinted will you comply?

Here come the liberals!

Requires that grandfathered weapons be registered under the National Firearms Act, to include:
- Background check of owner and any transferee;
- Type and serial number of the firearm;
- Positive identification, including photograph and fingerprint;
- Certification from local law enforcement of identity and that possession would not violate State or local law; and
- Dedicated funding for ATF to implement registration

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

Government take over is Government take over!! - This is a Marxist or Fascist take over. – They “KILL” non-compliance always as examples; to gain easy access to compliance!!!

Paul – 122812

Christ's Word

The government works for us, not the other way around. Many, many police officers have echoed in my brother's business an oath that they took to defend the Constitution and our citizens against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC.

Millions of semi-auto, high capacity firearms are owned by law abiding citizens in the USA. Only a few were used by angry young men to murder. Americans will not give up power to the Government, the Americans that have the power to say no, will say no. The Feds have no idea what they are about to spark, especially in the south. Those folks are itching for a fight, and fed up.

This Charming Manc

yes people have the right to say no, but through the ballot box.

People who take up arms to fight a democratic government are not called 'true Americans', they are called terrorists and they are the people the police have sworn to defend america against.

Because of the nature of your political system and the 2nd amendment to the constitution and the gun lobby. Gun control laws passed federally will need very strong public support and will most definitely be the will of most of the people.

The government works for us, not the other way around. Many, many police officers have echoed in my brother's business an oath that they took to defend the Constitution and our citizens against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC.

Millions of semi-auto, high capacity firearms are owned by law abiding citizens in the USA. Only a few were used by angry young men to murder. Americans will not give up power to the Government, the Americans that have the power to say no, will say no. The Feds have no idea what they are about to spark, especially in the south. Those folks are itching for a fight, and fed up.