toldailytopic: Gay-marriage ban is ruled unconstitutional.

eameece

MaryContrary,

To point out bigotry, is not bigotry. To point out hatred, is not hatred. No more than to point out foolishness is foolish, or to point out an expression of anger is itself an expression of anger.

And even if somehow it were foolish to point out foolishness, that wouldn't in itself negate the validity of the observation. So your criticism, here, is ... well ... foolish.

I appreciate you standing against the bigotry expressed in this thread by several folks.
:thumb:

Iconoclast

It's amazing that you would presume be able to phsyco-alylize an entire group of people like that without having actually met any of them! Doesn't the fact that you actually imagine that you can do this give you any pause for skepticism?

Assuming I have meet none of them why isn't that bigoted. How could you know that? Defend the perverts if you like..

When you have actual knowledge of what you speak then come back and enlighten us but until then you are just a mindless shill repeating the victim perspective of the depressed mental patients that have the alternative lifestyle.

PureX

Assuming I have meet none of them why isn't that bigoted. How could you know that?
Well, that certainly avoided the point, didn't it.
When you have actual knowledge of what you speak ...
All we need to understand is english.

From wikipedia:

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs. The predominant usage in modern English refers to persons hostile to those of differing sex, race, ethnicity, religious belief or spirituality, nationality, language, sexual orientation, and age; and to those from a different region, with non-normative gender identity, those who are homeless, and those with various medical disorders, particularly behavioural and addictive disorders. Forms of bigotry may have a related ideology or world views.

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr. described bigots with the following quote: "The mind of a bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it, the more it will contract."​

Iconoclast

Well, that certainly avoided the point, didn't it.
Yes you did.. But you have done that the whole thread.

You didn't refute the reality that I presented you just pull out the bigot card...

All we need to understand is english.

From wikipedia:

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs. The predominant usage in modern English refers to persons hostile to those of differing sex, race, ethnicity, religious belief or spirituality, nationality, language, sexual orientation, and age; and to those from a different region, with non-normative gender identity, those who are homeless, and those with various medical disorders, particularly behavioural and addictive disorders. Forms of bigotry may have a related ideology or world views.

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr. described bigots with the following quote: "The mind of a bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it, the more it will contract."​

So then, under the wikipedia definition if I oppose the other manifestation of homos, the child molesters, evidenced by Michael Jackson and 90% of the priests that are involved in the Catholic church scandal. I would fall under your definition of a bigot.. Basically the wikipedia definition makes all Christian morality bigoted which is why you like that definition..

So under what justification or standard is it okay to oppose anything in your very limited reality..

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Fags and all that support them are disgusting perverts. May God reward you for your "works".

PureX

wikipedia said:

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr. described bigots with the following quote: "The mind of a bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it, the more it will contract."

So then, under the wikipedia definition if I oppose the other manifestation of homos, the child molesters, evidenced by Michael Jackson and 90% of the priests that are involved in the Catholic church scandal. I would fall under your definition of a bigot.
I don't see the word "oppose" anywhere in that description of bigotry. Perhaps if you would actually read the words that are there, instead of the words you imagine to be there, but aren't, you would have a more clear understanding of what bigotry actually is, and why there is a difference between "opposing" an idea or behavior and being a bigot.
wikipedia said:
Basically the wikipedia definition makes all Christian morality bigoted which is why you like that definition.
I think you're making some very negative assumptions about your fellow Christians, and about me, too. That's what bigots do: they make negative and baseless assumptions about other people as a way of expressing their own fear and anger.
wikipedia said:
So under what justification or standard is it okay to oppose anything in your very limited reality.
You are free to be opposed to anything you like. But I think it's sad that you can't tell the difference between opposing something and hating it, and hating everything and everyone connected to it.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
I think you're making some very negative assumptions about your fellow Christians, and about me, too. That's what bigots do: they make negative and baseless assumptions about other people as a way of expressing their own fear and anger.

Hmm isnt that what you just did?

PureX

Hmm isnt that what you just did?
You can keep tossing that, "Nut-uh, YOU did!" red herring out there until you're blue in the face. But I'm not going to chase after it. So try reading the definition of bigotry, again, more carefully this time.

wikipedia said:
"A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs. The predominant usage in modern English refers to persons hostile to those of differing sex, race, ethnicity, religious belief or spirituality, nationality, language, sexual orientation, and age; and to those from a different region, with non-normative gender identity, those who are homeless, and those with various medical disorders, particularly behavioural and addictive disorders. Forms of bigotry may have a related ideology or world views.

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr. described bigots with the following quote: "The mind of a bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it, the more it will contract."

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
You can keep tossing that, "Nut-uh, YOU did!" red herring out there until you're blue in the face. But I'm not going to chase after it. So try reading the definition of bigotry, again, more carefully this time.

I know what it is, and thats how i know you are just as much of one as those you accuse, only you refuse to see it.

You do exactly what you are crying out about, only you refuse to see it.

Iconoclast

I don't see the word "oppose" anywhere in that description of bigotry. Perhaps if you would actually read the words that are there, instead of the words you imagine to be there, but aren't, you would have a more clear understanding of what bigotry actually is, and why there is a difference between "opposing" an idea or behavior and being a bigot.
You are free to be opposed to anything you like. But I think it's sad that you can't tell the difference between opposing something and hating it, and hating everything and everyone connected to it.

Oppose: disapprove of and attempt to prevent, esp. by argument:

So when I Oppose homos I am a bigot because I hate them because they are evil.

Or is it just knowing that some people are evil that is wrong so you choose to use the common social pejorative of "You are a Bigot".

You know absolutely nothing about homosexuals other than what they want you know.

And if you support them in any way it only proves you are not christian in any way..

Iconoclast

See, that wasn't so hard to understand, now, was it?

So is God bigot?

Since he hates...

And since Christianity teaches to Hate that which is EVIL..

As I showed before the wiki definition of bigot means holding to a biblical worldview and biblical morality.

Iconoclast

I don't presume to know what God thinks or feels. I don't even presume to know what you think or feel. I was only pointing out what bigotry is, and how it hurts other people.
Only some Christian sects believe and teach bigotry and hatred as righteousness. Most do not.

You obviously think you do know what God thinks...

You are acting as God.. By saying that some behavior or beliefs hurt others and thus they are wrong. because of such.. You have made yourself out to be the judge.. Thus thinking that you are God.. Presuming what is right thus since God is the determiner of what is right thinking you know what God thinks..

Most don't because most aren't Christian..

PureX

I was looking through some quotes about bigotry. There are actually some pretty impressive quotes out there ....

Heraclitus wrote: "Bigotry is the sacred disease." ... interesting. I wonder what he meant by that?

Charles Caleb Colton said: "Bigotry murders religion to frighten fools with her ghost." That's a sad and scary thought, isn't it?

Coretta Scott King said that, "Homophobia is like racism and anti-Semitism and other forms of bigotry in that it seeks to dehumanize a large group of people, to deny their humanity, their dignity and personhood." I think she probably knows what she's talking about, having experienced so much of it first hand.

Anna Quindlen wrote; "Our love of lockstep is our greatest curse, the source of all that bedevils us. It is the source of homophobia, xenophobia, racism, sexism, terrorism, bigotry of every variety and hue, because it tells us there is one right way to do things, to look, to behave, and to feel."

George Gordon Byron wrote: “Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves.” Amen, George, amen to that!

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
A three-judge panel of the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in San Francisco ruled 2-1 Tuesday that a lower court judge interpreted the U.S. Constitution correctly in 2010 when he declared the ban, known as Proposition 8, to be a violation of the civil rights of gays and lesbians.

The measure, which passed with 52 percent of the vote in 2008, outlawed same-sex unions just five months after they became legal in the state.

Wait, aren't libs the ones who continue to declare that the US is a democracy? In this case, the democracy has ruled against them so now they look to the judiciary to over rule the democracy.

Libs are very strange people.

Oh, by the way. Why would any free American look for the government's approval or permission about whom you want to marry? You are granting the fed too much power and control over your life.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
On being a bigot oneself:

Even if this were true, how would it be relevant?

I don't presume to know what God thinks or feels. I don't even presume to know what you think or feel. I was only pointing out what bigotry is, and how it hurts other people.
Only some Christian sects believe and teach bigotry and hatred as righteousness. Most do not.

Is bigotry then in your opinion only the errant position when its someone elses bigotry in your opinion ?

Iconoclast

I was looking through some quotes about bigotry. There are actually some pretty impressive quotes out there ....

Heraclitus wrote: "Bigotry is the sacred disease." ... interesting. I wonder what he meant by that?

Charles Caleb Colton said: "Bigotry murders religion to frighten fools with her ghost." That's a sad and scary thought, isn't it?

Coretta Scott King said that, "Homophobia is like racism and anti-Semitism and other forms of bigotry in that it seeks to dehumanize a large group of people, to deny their humanity, their dignity and personhood." I think she probably knows what she's talking about, having experienced so much of it first hand.

Anna Quindlen wrote; "Our love of lockstep is our greatest curse, the source of all that bedevils us. It is the source of homophobia, xenophobia, racism, sexism, terrorism, bigotry of every variety and hue, because it tells us there is one right way to do things, to look, to behave, and to feel."

George Gordon Byron wrote: “Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves.” Amen, George, amen to that!

Quotes from those who hate God and love the world I would expect to think that holding to a standard of moral behavior to be bigotry.

Nice try but the actual definition of bigot is: A person intolerantly devoted to their own particular belief or prejudice.

Thus you are a bigot. But a bigot against biblical morality. Which the world hates so I bet you can find 100 quotes from those who hate God and love sin calling biblical morality bigoted.

Not so strange that to those who hate the truth, truth is hate..

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
But I think it's sad that you can't tell the difference between opposing something and hating it, and hating everything and everyone connected to it.

I think its sad that some people cant tell the difference either and accuse people who oppose of certain things of hating everything and everyone connected to it.