toldailytopic: Do you think TOL bans members too frequently, or not frequently enough

Arthur Brain

:yawn: Strawman

He justifies it (1,2,3). :peach:

That is how he justifies his actions (Eph 4:14).

It is not a strawman. :doh: You've been shown the context in which a deliberate misquote was illustrated. If you can't see the difference between an example and actual practice then it rests on you....

:dizzy:

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Yes, thank you Charlton Heston....

:plain:

heston2.jpg

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
It is not a strawman. :doh: You've been shown the context in which a deliberate misquote was illustrated. If you can't see the difference between an example and actual practice then it rests on you....

:dizzy:

She knows it, AB. It's just a show because she can't produce the authority to support her peculiar notion about misquotation.

SD, it's like someone accusing you of lying and you say, "No, you're the President of the Moon!" to illustrate the absurdity of the claim. Then the other person says, "Aha! See, you're lying!" :rolleyes:

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
[You believe that ellipses (...) and/or brackets ( [ ] ) are not required when editing another's quote.] "I never said that..."
Let the reader decide. :peach:
[I believe they are required.] "You can believe that ham is a vegetable..."
Right.
[I told you why it is unethical.] "No, I don't believe you did..."
Um hmm.
[I provide the reader proof that you misquoted me.] "No, you didn't..."
Got it.
"You can't."
[SD: I don't dispute the fact that I have been banned.]

TH: "...[Y]ou can't dispute it."

[SD: I don't dispute it. :hammer:]

TH: "You can't."

Anything else? :sleep: summary

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
You've been shown the context in which a deliberate misquote was illustrated. If you can't see the difference between an example and actual practice then it rests on you...

You endorse his "deliberate misquote" (your words not mine). I do not. He misquoted me before the example :freak: you believe we all needed. :dizzy: He made it clear at that time that has no intention of changing his behavior.

Arthur Brain

You endorse his "deliberate misquote" (your words not mine). I do not. He misquoted me before the example :freak: you believe we all needed. :dizzy: He made it clear at that time that has no intention of changing his behavior.

Yes I do given his reasoning and context for doing so. You were (and bafflingly still are) ignorant of what a misquote actually is, so what better way to provide an example where TH deliberately takes your own words and alters your intent entirely to show just what one is? Omitting a scripture reference isn't a misquote SD. It's simply an omission and in your case they're not relevant to the discussion at the best of times.

Geez SD, if omission counts as misquote then how many times have you snipped other peoples responses to you??!!

You've done it time and again when 'responding' to me! Yet have I accused you of misquoting me? No, that would only happen if you spun/altered my words into an altogether different meaning than intended. Clear now?

:doh:

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
[You endorse his [Town Heretic's] "deliberate misquote" (your words not mine). I do not. He misquoted me before the example :freak: you believe we all needed. :dizzy: He made it clear at that time that has no intention of changing his behavior.] "Yes I do..."
"...You were (and bafflingly still are) ignorant of what a misquote actually is..."
:yawn: Let the reader decide (Eph 4:14). :peach:
"...f omission counts as misquote then how many times have you snipped other peoples responses to you?..."
Omission is one example. Altering words attributed to me is another example (1,2,3). :peach:
"...[T]hen how many times have you snipped other peoples responses to you?..."
When I shorted a quote, I use ellipses (...). When I add any words of my own, I use brackets ( [ ] ).
"...[H]ave I accused you of misquoting me? No..."
I have not misquoted you.

Last edited:

Arthur Brain

:yawn: Let the reader decide (Eph 4:14). :peach:

This one already has :yawn:

Omission is one example. Altering words attributed to me is another example (1,2,3). :peach:

Addressed ad nauseam. Why you think this does your argument any favors grows yet more ridiculous.

When I shorted a quote, I use ellipses (...). When I add any words of my own, I use brackets ( [ ] ).

Oh good. :plain:

I have not misquoted you.

I didn't say you had, though frankly what you outright cut out and refuse to even attempt to address, along with transparent deflection about 'leftists' instead of answering on actual point is no better.

oatmeal

It's your website, and I don't pay to be on it.

If you want to ban people for any reason,that is your choice.

The rules are rather subjective.

If I correct what I consider to be a non Christian pagan concept that others consider to be Christian, well, that is the risk I take.

However, even a football team in scrimmage, in practice has opposition.

oatmeal

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
serpentdove - Can we get examples of when "the moderators cozy up to God-haters"?

Thanks

Some administrators seem too friendly with members who are antagonistic toward God's word (Hos 3:1, Ps 26:5, Jas 4:4). Do you mean name names of members that I personally would not call "friend"? I don't care to do that. I prefer to discuss issues. :peach:

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
The Wiz asks:
serpentdove - Can we get examples of when "the moderators cozy up to God-haters"?

Thanks

Serpent replies:
Some administrators seem too friendly with members who are antagonistic toward God's word (Hos 3:1, Ps 26:5, Jas 4:4). Do you mean name names of members that I personally would not call "friend"? I don't care to do that. I prefer to discuss issues.

Innuendo is so much more her style, after all.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
...[W]hat you outright cut out and refuse to even attempt to address, along with transparent deflection about 'leftists' instead of answering on actual point is no better.

I won't respond to each and every point you've made. :dizzy: If I think it's an important point, I'll address it. If I think the issue has been covered sufficiently, I won't. :mario: In general, people state their most important point first. Usually I respond to this.