toldailytopic: Do you believe we have been visited by extra terrestrials?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cracked

Their presence would shake organized religions to their core especially if they explained the foolishness of such things.

For some, it very well may. However, fundamentalists, who assimilate new knowledge very slowly, would likely find a reason to disregard the experience. Other Christians would likely find the new knowledge expanding upon their understanding of God.

Cracked

Welfare. We'd send agents and sign them up for welfare.

Hehe... we'd all be angry because they would take American jobs. Lou Dobbs would lead the resistance...

"Hey you extraterrestrials - we speak English in this country!"

Granite

Hall of Fame
And what if the extraterrestrials had a monotheistic religious belief and a belief in a personal savior? :think:

I'd ask them how they managed to make it this far without killing themselves off, considering how it seems like we're trying to fast-track that process and the race to Armageddon on our own rock.

Of course their hypothetical monotheistic beliefs (considering they're monotheists, ha-ha; we know how famously you guys all get along) would probably directly clash with yours.

If they said: "We too once had such beliefs but abandoned them. They were inventions of our own minds as we groped for the truth of our existence. We now realize that we are all one; that consciousness persists; that this universe is united beyond more than one realm of visible reality; that we create our own realities and that peace and love and unity are necessary to evolve; and to evolve, you must set aside these childish things," can you tell me with a straight face you wouldn't denounce this message and that your brethern wouldn't start screaming "DEMONS!" at the first chance?

taikoo

Hehe... we'd all be angry because they would take American jobs. Lou Dobbs would lead the resistance...

"Hey you extraterrestrials - we speak English in this country!"

I was a teenage alien when I came to America.

i learned English, them other aliens can too, or get out.

Cracked

I was a teenage alien when I came to America.

i learned English, them other aliens can too, or get out.

You know, I hate aliens, but I love their food. Go figure...

Of course, we would have to be mindful of alien anchor babies.

The Berean

I'd ask them how they managed to make it this far without killing themselves off, considering how it seems like we're trying to fast-track that process and the race to Armageddon on our own rock.
Sounds like a line from the movie Contact. Can we assume that they are as aggressive and violent as humans?

Of course their hypothetical monotheistic beliefs (considering they're monotheists, ha-ha; we know how famously you guys all get along) would probably directly clash with yours.
Again with the "you guys" comment. You like to say that a lot. :think: And what if the extraterrestrial beliefs were pretty much in line with Biblical Christianity? Then what? Can you tell me with a straight face you can continue to discount Christianity?

If they said: "We too once had such beliefs but abandoned them. They were inventions of our own minds as we groped for the truth of our existence. We now realize that we are all one; that consciousness persists; that this universe is united beyond more than one realm of visible reality; that we create our own realities and that peace and love and unity are necessary to evolve; and to evolve, you must set aside these childish things," can you tell me with a straight face you wouldn't denounce this message and that your brethern wouldn't start screaming "DEMONS!" at the first chance?
Hmm..sounds like that's what you want them to say so you can "stick it " to "us guys". I would probably sit down with them and ask them to tell me more.

vegascowboy

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Their presence would shake organized religions to their core especially if they explained the foolishness of such things.

In what way?

I do not believe in ET, but the Bible does not explicitly confirm nor deny the existence of life on other worlds.

God created the Heaven and the Earth...the entire universe...which certainly includes the stars, planets, moons, and all other celestial bodies.

When Adam sinned ALL of creation was affected...the entire universe. Verses in Psalms (Psalms 8: 3,6) also hint that even the universe is subject to mankind:

When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained...Thou madest him to have dominion over the works of thy hands; thou hast put all things under his feet.

Again, I am not saying that there is intelligent life on other planets, but I am also saying that I do not see how it would "shake religions to their core."

God has not said yes nor has he said no.

At any rate, none of this has any bearing on anyone's salvation.

taikoo

You know, I hate aliens, but I love their food. Go figure...

Of course, we would have to be mindful of alien anchor babies.

You know a kind of American food that i was so horrified? It is that terrible noodles with tomatoes and beef dish. Who would even think of such a thing?

Aliens are to be feared and loathed of course! Its only natural.

Bu how about after a alien gets naturalized? You hate them right up to the last minute or is it like fade-to?

Granite

Hall of Fame
Can we assume that they are as aggressive and violent as humans?

Personally, I wouldn't, but I'm sure the powers that be would (and have, over the years).

And what if the extraterrestrial beliefs were pretty much in line with Biblical Christianity? Then what?

Then I'd wonder why the world they went unmentioned in your book, Berean. Kind of a cosmic oversight, wouldn't you say?

Can you tell me with a straight face you can continue to discount Christianity?

It would depend on the version of Christianity: considering you people (is that better?) can't agree amongst yourselves I'm all for listening to yet another take on things.

Hmm..sounds like that's what you want them to say so you can "stick it " to "us guys".

It was an example (and a more pleasant one than "Prepare yourselves for food processing").

I would probably sit down with them and ask them to tell me more.

But you'd never believe them.

taikoo

In what way?

I do not believe in ET, but the Bible does not explicitly confirm nor deny the existence of life on other worlds.

God created the Heaven and the Earth...the entire universe...which certainly includes the stars, planets, moons, and all other celestial bodies.

When Adam sinned ALL of creation was affected...the entire universe. Psalms 8: 3,6 hint that even the universe is subject to mankind:

Again, I am not saying that there is intelligent life on other planets, but I am also saying that I do not see how it would "shake religions to their core."

God has not said yes nor has he said no.

At any rate, none of this has any bearing on anyone's salvation.

So should not "Adam' be considered the worst person, the biggest criminal, the most hated, that most horrific enemy of everyone, of all life forms that ever existed?

Granite

Hall of Fame
In what way?

Oh give me a break. The existence of beings from another world wouldn't make you step back and ponder a few things?

When Adam sinned ALL of creation was affected...the entire universe.

And herein lies a problem: you'd want to start pushing this vile idea of original sin and a fallen world on any visitors we might get, which would just make us look even sillier than we probably do.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Oh give me a break. The existence of beings from another world wouldn't make you step back and ponder a few things?

You don't ponder the creator or his creation you live in, why should we ponder whether or not he created other intelligent life elsewhere?

vegascowboy

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Oh give me a break.

Now, now, let's not get our corsett all in a bunch. I was simply stating my opinion.

The existence of beings from another world wouldn't make you step back and ponder a few things?

:duh: Of course it would. Would it shake my faith in God or my knowledge that through Jesus Christ I have been save? I think not.

And herein lies a problem: you'd want to start pushing this vile idea of original sin and a fallen world on any visitors we might get, which would just make us look even sillier than we probably do.

The atonement is universal in nature to all those who accept that Christ died for them.

The Berean

It could be worse. We can try to make them into NE Patriot fans. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.