toldailytopic: Do you believe in reincarnation?

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
How many times did Lazarus die? (John 12:17)
Lazarus was not reincarnated so much as he was raised from the dead. The difference is that Lazarus came back from the dead as Lazarus. Reincarnation typically holds that you come back as an entirely different person or even as an animal.

So no, Lazarus's resurrection from the grave does not prove reincarnation is true.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for July 25th, 2012 10:29 AM

Nope. It is quite plain in scripture that reincarnation is false.

Hebrews 9:27 - And as it is appointed for men to die once, but after this the judgment,

I would rather believe what God said in the bible than some dumb idea out there.

Charity

No really that Plain,
For God dose away with the first to make way for the second to finish the work. Saul to Paul, Peter Jonas, Elijah to John the Baptist.

wisdom an Power is invested in the soul Placed in a vessel. But who an how, may prove an condemn what is an what is not.

The children will stand in Judgement for the Fathers? (anti reincarnation.)

never seatled.....Did the Fathers wondered the desert having faith with out the promise of return to grow up in the stall with animals, shine as Jewel picked out of Gods treasure chest. old soul. (last book of the Old) reincarnation

Charity

The Grave for the soul is a mothers womb. Jesus was the first of the Children generation, an the Last of the Father generation. should the dead rise? would you notice. not if do not believe.

The amount of souls appears to be counted an sperated for a good reason. An end. much of the chatter is about the mind being quickend to the incorruptible soul linked to a corruptible vessel with promise.

Charity

I no-longer mind what the truth is, but I do mind what they thought an wrote. We have had some brilliant souls come an go on earth...why so bright an so blessed?

Charity

Smile If one dose not want to consider reincarnation, they then will have need to create storage space.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Not sure about the softening of spirit an power...Hence Mal 4:5 Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet.
We are speaking of John the Baptist, but not reincarnation:

Luke 1:13 But the angel said to him, "Do not be afraid, Zacharias, for your petition has been heard, and your wife Elizabeth will bear you a son, and you will give him the name John.

Luke 1:17 "It is he who will go as a forerunner before Him in the spirit and power of Elijah, TO TURN THE HEARTS OF THE FATHERS BACK TO THE CHILDREN, and the disobedient to the attitude of the righteous, so as to make ready a people prepared for the Lord."

Malachi 4:5 "Behold, I am going to send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and terrible day of the LORD.

Malachi 4:6 "He will restore the hearts of the fathers to their children and the hearts of the children to their fathers, so that I will not come and smite the land with a curse."

PureX

Yes and no. I think "life" is the expression of a particular kind of energy that 'comes and goes' from our material perspective. But I don't think any individual person's life energy returns to a material form intact.

But then, who knows?

Charity

Mal 3:17 And they shall be mine, saith the LORD of hosts, in that day when I make up my jewels; and I will spare them, as a man spareth his own son that serveth him.

Mal 3:18 Then shall ye return, and discern between the righteous and the wicked, between him that serveth God and him that serveth him not.

So Who where do I apply for a position Vacant? the one discerning between the wicked an righteous in this shaped an crafted world that dose not look to the fathers or their promise.

Charity

We are speaking of John the Baptist, but not reincarnation:

Luke 1:13 But the angel said to him, "Do not be afraid, Zacharias, for your petition has been heard, and your wife Elizabeth will bear you a son, and you will give him the name John.

Luke 1:17 "It is he who will go as a forerunner before Him in the spirit and power of Elijah, TO TURN THE HEARTS OF THE FATHERS BACK TO THE CHILDREN, and the disobedient to the attitude of the righteous, so as to make ready a people prepared for the Lord."

Malachi 4:5 "Behold, I am going to send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and terrible day of the LORD.

Malachi 4:6 "He will restore the hearts of the fathers to their children and the hearts of the children to their fathers, so that I will not come and smite the land with a curse."

Who was luke before he was Luke of the eye witness new testement?

Job 19:25 For I know [that] my redeemer liveth, and [that] he shall stand at the latter [day] upon the earth:

Job 19:26 And [though] after my skin [worms] destroy" this "[body], yet in my flesh shall I see God:

Job 19:27 Whom I shall see for myself, and mine eyes shall behold, and not another; [though] my reins be consumed within me.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Mal 3:17 And they shall be mine, saith the LORD of hosts, in that day when I make up my jewels; and I will spare them, as a man spareth his own son that serveth him.

Mal 3:18 Then shall ye return, and discern between the righteous and the wicked, between him that serveth God and him that serveth him not.

So Who where do I apply for a position Vacant? the one discerning between the wicked an righteous in this shaped an crafted world that dose not look to the fathers or their promise.
I'm not sure what you are asking, but believe God will give you an answer to your question.

I don't know what to say right now except worship God and serve Him only, and that Yeshua (Jesus) is the Messiah (Christ).

Quincy

Yes and no. I think "life" is the expression of a particular kind of energy that 'comes and goes' from our material perspective. But I don't think any individual person's life energy returns to a material form intact.

But then, who knows?

I agree, because where does energy go when you die? What does it do, just vanish? I doubt it. Can energy be recycled? Probably.