toldailytopic: Do all religions eventually lead to the One True God?

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
That's a funny word. What's an "animous" and how do you "un-" it?

But :idunno: how you "un" it... Maybe thats what happens at the end of the game?

Sieg heil :plain:

15903.png

Dena

"Lead to God" means the same as "What must I do to inherit eternal life" as the rich young ruler asked Jesus.

it suggests we are separated from an intimate relationship with God.

Mhmm. I see. Well, I do think "relationship with God" is also rather complicated.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Mhmm. I see. Well, I do think "relationship with God" is also rather complicated.
It's not complicated.

2 Corinthians 11:3 KJV But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.

Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved; believing how that Christ died on the cross for your sins and that He was buried and rose again the third day.

Simple.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

No.

lifeisgood

Outside of the Church, there is no salvation. See CCC 846-848. There is one, and only one religion, that leads to everlasting life, and that is the Catholic Faith.

Of course, this is to be understood with various due qualifications.

Outside of Jesus Christ and what He did at the Cross there is no Salvation.

Religion does not save anyone. The RCC does not save anyone.

Does John 1:29 say: The next day John sees the 'Catholic Faith' coming unto him, and said, Behold the Lamb of God, which takes away the sin of the world? I THINK NOT!

John 1:29 says: The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world. (Nothing about the Catholic Faith in this verse.)

Acts 4:12 says: "Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved" (Nothing about the Catholic Faith in this verse either.)

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for June 27th, 2012 08:03 AM

No. This 'all roads' business is like saying all the streets on Earth will take you to the NASCAR race at the Kentucky Speedway. :nascar: They Don't. You have to get on a plane and get tickets to the race. Our plane ride is the Gospel message and our ticket to God is the Lord Jesus Christ.

John 14:6 - Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

reasoner

Maybe instead of asking "do all religions eventually lead tothe one true God?" we should be asking

" Do all religions originally come from the one true God?

Since God is the author of all truth at all times and all places, whenever someone discovers truth they are actually discovering God, albeit ignorantly and incompletely.

That is not to say that all religions are equally close to the complete truth. That is Christianity's claim since Christ is one with the Father and his best revelation.