toldailytopic: Deadly tornados: Tragic weather phenomenon or God's wrath?

Status
Not open for further replies.

1PeaceMaker

This is the result of global warming! We are raping the planet and now Mother Nature is angry! :shocked:

Then hook a biodeisel reactor into your backyard with a solar water heater and an aquaponic system. Maybe throw in a solar air heater for the house, for good measure. :thumb:

Or just buy a surfboard. :surf:

badp

God did not kill people with tornadoes. Just because Fred Phelps goes around with a sign that says "God Hates Birmingham" doesn't make it so. Tornadoes are a natural phenomenon, and they are extremely powerful and destructive. Kinda like the homosexual lobby.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
God's wrath, because "He hateth the trailer park and all those who dwelleth in them."

Which raises an interesting question. Does the fact that I live across from a trailer park, make my house more likely to get hit?

rexlunae

Weather phenomena. Unless you want to explain why they're hitting the most pious parts of the country and sparing everyone else.

doesn't matter if we ever figure it out or not.

if a person thinks of his sins and how awful they are when he is in big trouble, weatherwise or otherwise, then maybe that's how God speaks to that person..

But God can choose to speak to a person that way even if the person doesn't normally think such things...

the bottom line is that everyone knows he is a sinner ...

and everyone knows Jesus is the truth and tht he needs to turn to Him and get his sins forgiven...

i dont belive whne ppl say they dont believe...

they lie..

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

It may that from the fall in the garden to the great deluge, that has brought and increase of great weather phenomenon?

Tragic weather phenomenon? Yes. A tornado that left a charted path of more than twisted steel, broken boards and scattered leaves, it also left a path of death and destruction, but it is not a living thing so the tornado does not know it, it is a brute force of nature. There are precautionary measures that one can take when warned and advised, and even then there is not enough time. One cannot live in constant fear of such things, but we do need to watchful when those weather patterns and seasons are upon us.

We'll be going into hurricane season the first of June till the last of November, we been told have stuff ready, and be prepared. With tornadoes, they do have a season which is April till June; and during that time when the clouds form one those tornadoes can just show up.

Basements that were meant to protect sadly became a tomb, and for some they were found and their lives were spared. Then when one sees the destruction, it reminds of standing on the coastal shores of the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans, how truly finite I am. Like the rain, it rains on the just and the unjust alike, so tragedy strikes the same way, down one side and not the other, or like Joplin down the middle.

As for God's wrath? I cannot see God using such to deal with evil and take out the just. God's wrath that is for another thread, however I did read this....

Nahum 1:3 The LORD is slow to anger and great in power, and will not at all acquit the wicked. The LORD has His way in the whirlwind and in the storm, and the clouds are the dust of His feet.
Here is what I read in Job, yes I know Job was being put to test, but these verses put forth here read like it was a weather phenomenon that really came at a bad time in Job's life.
Job 1:13-19 - 13 Now there was a day when his sons and daughters were eating and drinking wine in their oldest brother's house; 14 and a messenger came to Job and said .... fast forward .... 18 While he was still speaking, another also came and said, "Your sons and daughters were eating and drinking wine in their oldest brother's house, 19 and suddenly a great wind came from across the wilderness and struck the four corners of the house, and it fell on the young people, and they are dead; and I alone have escaped to tell you!"

Is there a site that compares today's rate of natural disasters to previous times? Has there been an increase and if so how much of an increase? Or is it just that more people are being killed and harmed simply because there are more people now.
Most people that claim that we are in the end of days claim that there must be an increase ( because of prophecy). Seems that comparing the rates of natural disasters could be easily checked.

1PeaceMaker

No, not God's wrath, rather man's inability to live independently.

Don't you mean unwillingness to live independently? It's within our grasp, even now. All you need is to get a storm cellar. Or at least know where the closest one is that will take you in.

Some people these days are so childish they hardly cook for themselves, let alone make simple storm preparations! :nono:

Todah

The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for May 26th, 2011 10:21 AM

A few thoughts, and observations;

The fact that people think it might be God's wrath, indicates a guilty conscience, or a longing for justice. The type of justice that both punishes, and causes men, the survivors of it, to mend their ways.

A different problem arises if one simply takes God completely out of the equation. If the tornado is the result of natural atmospheric conditions and forces, one's death from one of them becomes almost meaningless, and there is nothing, and no one to blame or hold accountable. This leaves one in an existential dilemna.

In that case it almost causes one to want to blame God, to at least give one's death more meaning and purpose.

However in the aftermath, people actually and hopefully discover, it is what one did with their life, and not specifically how they happened to die which gives meaning to them, and either glory to God, or glory to man.

Another way to look at them, philosophically, is that tornadoes are nature's carnivores. Gentler rains in their seasons, bring life to all the earth, both plant and animal. Tornadoes are the hungry carnivores feasting on that life, until they are sated.

I think they more aptly fit the description of Satan, a hungry lion, seeking whom he may devour, and he comes to kill, rob and destroy. As opposed to God, "I come, that you may have life, and have it more abundantly."

As powerful as they are, uprooting trees and uplifting buildings, and man and beast; they are nowhere near as powerful as faith. Has a tornado ever moved a mountain. Not even close to being as powerful as love. The love of which someone willingly dies for another. These tornadoes have taken no willing lovers to their deaths.

God's Son and countless numbers of His loved ones, have died a willing and meaningful life and death, captured by the power of His great love.

Paulos

for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.
Matthew 5:45

And this:

There were present at that season some who told Him about the Galileans whose blood Pilate had mingled with their sacrifices. And Jesus answered and said to them, “Do you suppose that these Galileans were worse sinners than all other Galileans, because they suffered such things? I tell you, no; but unless you repent you will all likewise perish. Or those eighteen on whom the tower in Siloam fell and killed them, do you think that they were worse sinners than all other men who dwelt in Jerusalem? I tell you, no; but unless you repent you will all likewise perish.” (Luke 13:1-5)​

Last edited:

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for May 26th, 2011 10:21 AM

These are Just the birth pains, signs of the times, take heed...

Matt. 24:4 ¶ And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.
Matt. 24:5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.
Matt. 24:6 And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.
Matt. 24:7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in diverse places.
Matt. 24:8 All these are the beginning of sorrows.

Status
Not open for further replies.