toldailytopic: Christian Counceling: Good or Bad?

Letsargue

According to Colossians 3:16 a good Christian counselor is a person in whom "word of Christ dwells richly". A bad Christian counselor or an UnChristian counselor is a person who lives his life and gives advice "in accordance to man". I am finished with you on the subject. Play all the word games you wish.

Soo, does that show that I'm wrong?? - Would the devil's child have good Counsel for the one in need of God?? - Matthew 6:25 KJV ----//-- The devil will counsel one in any of those carnal needs, but God counsels ( "only" ) in one's Spiritual needs; hunger, ill, weak, even "dead"; Christ will even raise one who is dead in his sins!! - Now that is good counsel by the Gospel!!! -- You can have all else!!

Paul -- 080612

Letsargue

I genuinely hesitated posting anything in this thread seeing you here and about, LA. Somehow I knew you would turn your attention in my direction. Sigh.

Letsargue....no, let's not.

AMR

( WHAT )??
That's your answer?? - Is that all you can do to show all your friends that you're the genius that can ( Show me UP )?? - You're excused~, I understand~.

Paul -- 080612

Letsargue

Of course Christian counseling is wonderful!

What are the alternatives?

a. Buddhist counseling?

b. Communist/liberal counseling?

c. Muslim counseling?

d. atheist counseling?

e. other?

Sound doctrine is scripture.

oatmeal

Would you go to the Jimmy Swaggart Empire for counseling???

Paul -- 080612

Letsargue

Seriously Paul? :plain:

Good post AMR. :e4e:

( What )?? -- Not again??? - Does that show in any way that I'm wrong in any way???
You are a real nuisance in your attempt to make yourself look good at showing me up. WOW!! - I'm tired of listening to such phony hypocrisy!! - ( Prove me wrong if you're smart enough ), I know you think you are, that's why some people are such ( Fools )!!

Paul -- 080612

Letsargue

If a brother is stuck in the mud without his Bible, is it OK if I help him out of the mud? Or should I just tell him to trust in what the Bible says?

Why did you pick an example that a Conselor of no kind is needed???

I’m talking about the Spirit, and Christians. If a dog was sick and needed something, maybe a friend, I’d supply its wants, so why not a person, whether or not he is a Christian. - If you're carnal minded; -- how do you do the “carnal thing” in the process of “Salvation”???

We as Christians speak of Spiritual things, not carnal things. -- We can speak of carnal things, but there is no profit in God to be carnal minded. - Just when does one think in Spiritual terms? – Only when he or a friend is Ill?? - God is the cure of all ( Spiritual Ills ); none of the carnal Ills. – What do you do with this if you hold to Christ’s Truth, with (( ALL that is in you ))?>> James 5:14-15 KJV – “Is any sick among you? Let him call for the Elders of the Church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord:
15 And the prayer of Faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him”. ----//-- Would you say that that’s nothing but a bunch of bunk??? -- If you-all are ( right ), it is a bunch a bunk, but I have a feeling that it’s “Truth” and is (( Right )). - Of course your carnal Counselor is the only thing the lost fool has, (( So why not ))?? - He doesn’t have the Truth, or Christ (( to make him whole ))!!!!!!!!!! -- If you believe in prayer, how then can you deny this?? >> – John 14:13-14 KJV – “Whatsoever ye shall ask in my name,( that will I do ), that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14- If ye shall ask any thing in my name, ( I will do it )”. --- Is that the Truth, or does that agree with your carnal Counselor???

Paul – 080612

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
( What )?? -- Not again??? - Does that show in any way that I'm wrong in any way???
When you go outside (assuming) do you ever feel compelled to point out the sun to anyone?

You are a real nuisance in your attempt to make yourself look good at showing me up. WOW!!
I thought you only just said I wasn't. :think:

- I'm tired of listening to such phony hypocrisy!!
Wouldn't that negate itself?

- ( Prove me wrong if you're smart enough ), I know you think you are, that's why some people are such ( Fools )!!
Wrong? I can't even prove you're coherent.

Letsargue

When you go outside (assuming) do you ever feel compelled to point out the sun to anyone?

I thought you only just said I wasn't. :think:

Wouldn't that negate itself?

Wrong? I can't even prove you're coherent.

OOHH My!!!!!!!!

You spelled Son wrong!!!
What a flimsy excuse again!! - You must not have any Knowledge from God / Truth at all. - Do you get you infomation from some earthly source?? - It seems you have nothing but hate to deal with anything of God. - How do you do that, and live with yourself calling yourself a Christian?? -- A Christian could never act so stupidly foolish and still think he was a Christian!! -- Well, I didn't think about a stupid fool!! - You're not one of those are you, I can't tell!! --- Prove me wrong on anything, genius!!!

Paul -- 080612

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
OOHH My!!!!!!!!

You spelled Son wrong!!!
Only if Gibberish is your first language. :plain:

What a flimsy excuse again!! - You must not have any Knowledge from God / Truth at all.
Could be. Or it could be you're nuts. :think: And I have to say I like the over/under on that one.

...A Christian could never act so stupidly foolish and still think he was a Christian!!
Did you mean to be ironic?

-- Well, I didn't think about a stupid fool!! You're not one of those are you, I can't tell!!
Or punctuate properly. So, two things to work on right there.

--- Prove me wrong on anything, genius!!!
It doesn't matter what color you paint a blind man's home. He's not going to notice. :nono:

Wile E. Coyote

I wouldn't give 2 cents for one... been there done that and they are about as useless as you can get.
My wife has been an administrator at a Christian counseling center for 22 years now. She has told me stories about patients who have shared with her how they have been helped.

She does not mention names so you know.

Letsargue

My wife has been an administrator at a Christian counseling center for 22 years now. She has told me stories about patients who have shared with her how they have been helped.

Helped to be what?? --- A better man, or a better Child of God??

Paul -- 080612

Letsargue

Could be. Or it could be you're nuts. :think: And I have to say I like the over/under on that one.

It doesn't matter what color you paint a blind man's home. He's not going to notice. :nono:

Well!! - I guess that proves me wrong, (( maybe not though ))!! Is that ( All ) you have?? - Try something out of the Bible. - You'll have to read it, and find something that contradicts with me!! -- You wanted me to tell how I know you geniuses don't read the bible, you say that with your sarcasm!! - That's all you can find wherever you're reading from, or taking other fools' word for everything!!!!!

Paul -- 080612

Letsargue

This is the way it's done. - Show reason for your Faith in any question!!
Mark 2:16-17 KJV – “How is it that he eateth and drinketh with publicans and ( Sinners )? 17- When Jesus heard ( It ), he saith unto them, ( They that are “whole” have no need of the “physician” ), but they that are “sick”: ( I came not to call ) the righteous, ( but “sinners” to repentance ). -----//-- Jesus there is implying that the (sinners are not whole ), but need a Physician, and his doctrine calls them to repentance, ( making them whole )!! - Jesus there is the “Physician” / “Counselor”, as are all his Prophets.

Paul – 080612

HisServant

I know two supposed councilors that ended up having sexual relations with their clients and then abandoning their families to run off with them.

I can also talk from my youth from counselling at the Jay Addams Institute and counselling later on when my marriage was failing. All counselors are biased and don't look to scripture and common sense to help their 'patients'.

I also have an uncle that has his doctorate in christian counseling from westminster seminary... I've dealt with him my whole life... he is a good man, but from a people point of view he is pretty clueless.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I know two supposed councilors that ended up having sexual relations with their clients and then abandoning their families to run off with them.
You also know the difference between the anecdotal and the rule.

I can also talk from my youth from counselling at the Jay Addams Institute and counselling later on when my marriage was failing. All counselors are biased and don't look to scripture and common sense to help their 'patients'.
All? Did you use all of them? And by biased do you mean the counselor you had seemed to take the other side of it? It's hard to objectively grade people who are involved in one of the most painful experiences of a lifetime. Can you imagine that your experience led you to see the burning field and ignore the larger number with crops coming in?

I also have an uncle that has his doctorate in christian counseling from westminster seminary... I've dealt with him my whole life... he is a good man, but from a people point of view he is pretty clueless.
Same general note. You had a bad experience and a couple of three anecdotal confirmations. Something to consider at any rate.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
This is the way it's done. - Show reason for your Faith in any question!!

Mark 2:16-17 KJV – “How is it that he eateth and drinketh with publicans and ( Sinners )? 17- When Jesus heard ( It ), he saith unto them, ( They that are “whole” have no need of the “physician” ), but they that are “sick”: ( I came not to call ) the righteous, ( but “sinners” to repentance ). -----//-- Jesus there is implying that the (sinners are not whole ), but need a Physician, and his doctrine calls them to repentance, ( making them whole )!! - Jesus there is the “Physician” / “Counselor”, as are all his Prophets.
Oddly distracting punctuation aside, I think that's exactly right as far as you've set it out. And you managed it without insulting me or anyone reading. So I returned the favor.

Now are you suggesting that once someone is a member of the Body they don't need counselling by any other member, or are you in favor of it?

Thunder's Muse

Did anyone say that? I saw people say that Christian counseling needs to be Biblical in it's basis but I am not sure anyone stated that secular counseling was of no value to anyone. That, I think would be a different thread entirely.

Good provided the counselor is saved and giving biblically based advice only and not worldly advice.

Depends. If the counseling is scripture based than it is good. If it is a bunch of liberal psychobabble then it is totally worthless.

Time to start another thread?