toldailytopic: Can a saved person lose their salvation?

S0Z0

BANNED
Banned
But I just quoted you the apostle who said that the reason he announced Jesus to them was so that they could have fellowship with him and with God and with Jesus Christ.
So? People who are saved also have fellowship with one another, but that is not WHAT salvation is either. You are speaking of an aspect of having salvation. Renewing the mind with the truth is an aspect of salvation. Prayer is an aspect of salvation, but it is not salvation either. Salvation is one thing and one thing only. We don't get to call it what ever we want. God does.

Desert Reign

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
So? People who are saved also have fellowship with one another, but that is not WHAT salvation is either. You are speaking of an aspect of having salvation. Renewing the mind with the truth is an aspect of salvation. Prayer is an aspect of salvation, but it is not salvation either. Salvation is one thing and one thing only. We don't get to call it what ever we want. God does.

Whilst I respect your view, I feel it is missing a lot. You can want it to mean one thing only and you can, for the sake of convenience, define it as one thing. But the fact is that Jesus died on the cross for us to achieve many things.
He died to bring us spiritual gifts
He died to bring us reconciliation with God
He died to bring us a new life in this world
He died so that we could have fellowship with God and with each other
He died to give us the hope of resurrection
He died to annul the effects of the law on us (including the removal of guilt and shame)
I am sure other things could be mentioned. Salvation is all of these things. I encapsulate it in the word 'relationship'. I do this because of the teachings of the apostle Paul. Salvation is by faith from beginning to end (Romans 1). Faith is my trust in God through Jesus.

Cracked

I do not believe that Jesus would die to save us and then change His mind after we accept that wonderful, good and perfect gift.

Neither do I. However, can a person change his or her mind after they accept said gift? That is the question.

S0Z0

BANNED
Banned
Whilst I respect your view, I feel it is missing a lot. You can want it to mean one thing only and you can, for the sake of convenience, define it as one thing. But the fact is that Jesus died on the cross for us to achieve many things.
He died to bring us spiritual gifts
He died to bring us reconciliation with God
He died to bring us a new life in this world
He died so that we could have fellowship with God and with each other
He died to give us the hope of resurrection
He died to annul the effects of the law on us (including the removal of guilt and shame)
I am sure other things could be mentioned. Salvation is all of these things. I encapsulate it in the word 'relationship'. I do this because of the teachings of the apostle Paul. Salvation is by faith from beginning to end (Romans 1). Faith is my trust in God through Jesus.

Salvation is one of those things.

Everything else is a benefit of salvation.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
"Saved" as in eternal life in Christ ---- no, you cannot lose it.
Eternal life would not be "eternal" life if you could.

QUOTE]

:thumb:

If someone gave you, what they said was, an 'Everlasting Gobstopper' and it ran out of juice......was it an 'Everlasting Gobstopper'?

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
I've been bought, paid for and my life is hid with Christ in GOD!

1Co 6:19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?
1Co 6:20 For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

Gal 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.
Gal 2:21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

Col 3:1 If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.
Col 3:2 Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.
Col 3:3 For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.
Col 3:4 When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.

Cracked

Many Christians on TOL believe that salvation is a matter of belief in the gospel of grace--purely mental assent--they even stop short at the mention of faith (though that is perhaps a different discussion). So, to them I ask:
If I believe that the world is flat then subsequently receive, what I value as compelling, evidence to the contrary and change my belief, do I:

A. Still secretly believe, so secretly that I myself don't even recognize it.

or...

B. No longer believe in the a flat earth.

This is, of course, generally countered with the "you never REALLY believed in the first place." If this is true, once I do believe in a flat earth it follows that it is impossible to change my mind. If it is indeed impossible, can it be said that I have freedom of thought/belief?

S0Z0

BANNED
Banned
Many Christians on TOL believe that salvation is a matter of belief in the gospel of grace--purely mental assent--they even stop short at the mention of faith (though that is perhaps a different discussion).
The Gospel is the Gospel of grace. We are saved by grace through faith. How is believing the Gospel "mental assent"?

So, to them I ask:
If I believe that the world is flat then subsequently receive, what I value as compelling, evidence to the contrary and change my belief, do I:

A. Still secretly believe, so secretly that I myself don't even recognize it.

or...

B. No longer believe in the a flat earth.
You are another person on this site who claims to be a Christian but has never believed the Gospel. If you had believed the Gospel, you would never conclude that it is something you can stop believing. You have no idea what salvation is. What you are talking about IS mental assent. You think that salvation is just a matter of believing something to be true, and then believing something to not be true because you changed your mind. That is not salvation.

Salvation is having His life, which comes by grace through faith. Faith is not "mental assent".

Cruciform

You clowns have no idea what salvation is, what the gospel is, or what Jesus did.
"clowns" = "anyone who fails to line up with SOZO's personal theological preferences and opinions" :doh:

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

S0Z0

BANNED
Banned
What is it to you?
It is the same to me as it is to God. It is a gift. A gift that you have never had, and I'm convinced would never accept, because you will never believe the Gospel. To you, Jesus and His shed blood on the cross is a joke. YOU are the joke.

You can go to hell you worthless pervert. I'm sick of you phony Christ hating, miserable piles of garbage pretending like you give a damn about the Gospel. You are a fraud.

S0Z0

BANNED
Banned
"clowns" = "anyone who fails to line up with SOZO's personal theological preferences and opinions" :doh:

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

My views are Biblical. Your views are demonic. Your views come from the whore church that is leading you and your children to hell.

You will stand next to your children in hell as the say "Daddy, why did you lie to us about Jesus? Why did you hate us?"

Disgusting pervert :vomit:

zippy2006

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

Indeed:

It is the same to me as it is to God. It is a gift. A gift that you have never had, and I'm convinced would never accept, because you will never believe the Gospel. To you, Jesus and His shed blood on the cross is a joke. YOU are the joke.

You can go to hell you worthless pervert. I'm sick of you phony Christ hating, miserable piles of garbage pretending like you give a damn about the Gospel. You are a fraud.

For Sozo, it isn't mental assent to Christ, it is mental assent to Sozo's personal beliefs; he is his own god. For Sozo, it's "My way or Hell!" It's laughable that such a self-absorbed, hateful Accuser claims to know Christ. At least he isn't fooling anyone :idunno:

Cruciform

You can go to hell you worthless pervert. I'm sick of you phony Christ hating, miserable piles of garbage pretending like you give a damn about the Gospel...
Meet the true Christ, and repent of your arrogance and hatred. "...you are in the gall of bitterness and in the bond of iniquity" (Ac. 8:23). May God take pity on you.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+