TOL maintenance - thread pruning

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
koban said:
BillyBob's gonna bust a gut tomorrow.

His post count went down by over 10,000! :noway:
That's why spamming is a tad silly.... we can't keep all the posts ever made on TOL. Our database is bloated as it is.

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Knight said:
That's why spamming is a tad silly.... we can't keep all the posts ever made on TOL. Our database is bloated as it is.

I noticed TOL was running slow lately....it seems better now.

Hey Turbo, I had 37,100 and something posts. I won't mind if you adjust my count to somewhere in that neighborhood, I was shooting for 40,000 by New Years. 50,000 by Groundhogs day.......

Chileice

Turbo said:
I've done some heavy-duty thread pruning today. Mostly old chit-chat and current events, some spam, and all of the threads started by a certain banned racist. This ought to help the server load. I'm about to readjust the post counts to reflect only the posts that still exist. Brace yourselves, this may sting a little. :eek:

Not that I was in the running or cared to be, but the pruning made YOU the number one poster. Oh the power of the pruner!! :crackup:

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Chileice said:
Not that I was in the running or cared to be, but the pruning made YOU the number one poster. Oh the power of the pruner!! :crackup:

No, Turbo's the 'Most Reputable' poster.

We all know who the number 1 poster is! :devil:

Greywolf

I lost about a third of my posts. :sigh:

But TOL does seem to be running faster. The fine people at vBulletin need to make a feature that can keep post count the same after a thread trimming like that.

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Greywolf said:
I lost about a third of my posts. :sigh:

But TOL does seem to be running faster. The fine people at vBulletin need to make a feature that can keep post count the same after a thread trimming like that.

It used to be that way when they 'pruned'.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
BillyBob said:
I noticed TOL was running slow lately....it seems better now.

Hey Turbo, I had 37,100 and something posts. I won't mind if you adjust my count to somewhere in that neighborhood, I was shooting for 40,000 by New Years. 50,000 by Groundhogs day.......
I've only got a little over 4,000 posts but you can have then if you need them.

fool

Hall of Fame
One Eyed Jack said:
You have a 5 1/4 inch disk drive? I haven't seen one of those in years.
I'll come up with one if that's the only way I can preserve the historic record.

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Chileice said:
Actually, I went from #12 to #18 and my post count was reduced by over 40%.

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
lovemeorhateme said:
I haven't noticed much of a post count reduction for anyone. :think:
That's because you haven't been here that long. (Older threads tend to be the one that get pruned.)