TOL back open... sort of...

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
OK... so it's three o'clock and I am pretty tired. :sleep:

I wanted to get TOL to a point where you guys could post so I can work more on the new design later.

I am NOT EVEN close to being done but I can't do anymore tonight.

Poke around... check out some of the new features and I will try to get back on finishing this project really soon!

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Oh... and for now I have signatures turned off.

In fact many things are turned off for now until I can get more of this ironed out.

PureX

Looks good to me, but then I'm on a Mac right now.

The only thing I miss is seeing who made the most recent post to the active threads. I don't miss the shout box at all as there was never anything of value posted in it anyway, and all those smileys just clutter up and slow down the page.

Good job. I think the simpler we keep our tools, the better they'll work.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
WOW sir Knight! AWSOME! And it's BLUE! WooHoo! It's going to take a lil getting used to but I liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiike it! :)

deardelmar,
If I'm thinking of the right thing, look at the top for TheologyOnline Forums. Once there look across the top for "New Posts" it's blue with two lil arrows arounf a ball... It's in between "Calendar" and "Search".

Nineveh

Merely Christian
ooooooooo... I just noticed, but, Knight, are you using some sort of WindowBlinds? This looks sorta like one of my skins called "iSkin"...

Nineveh

Merely Christian
deardelmar,
I just found out you don't have to go to the TheologyOnlineForums page to hit the "new posts". It works from anywhere :)

This is getting better by the minute
:BRAVO:

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Interesting new look. It's certainly a lot less "busy" than the old interface. Looks good! :thumb:

Now if I can just figure out where I was the last time I logged in... :D

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Yeah, if you want to see something similar to the old active page, choose "new posts" from the Quick links button at the top of any page.

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
looks sorta like one of my skins called "iSkin"...
A lot of things on the page right now are modeled after Mac OS X. Judging by the name, I would guess iSkin is too.

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Yeah, from what I have seen of the Mac, it looks like OS X. This new look looks great on my 19 inch flat panel!

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Keep in mind guys this is temporary.

I am not sure if this is how it will look when its all done.

And there will of course be much more functionality. But I had to give TOL a "look" and get this place so that you guys could participate while its under construction.

And...
I do have a regular job so I can't work on it 24-7.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
email notification

email notification

I assume email notification and subscribing to threads is not functioning?

servent101

I would like to say thank you, so I will

Thank you, I do hope you do what you need to do, and are able to do what you want. I really do appreciate TOL - and am glad to take this opportunity to say thanks.

Thank YOU... for all your hard work and long hours, and I lke the new blue - and as well what is it that you are trying to do anyway's... what are the reasons for the change?

With Christ's Love

Servent101