Today, I am grateful for.....

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

.....The opportunity to make life a bit easier for someone else.

.....Helping to change what can be changed in helping for someone else.

.....Seeing opportunity and change make a difference in the lives of others.​

John Mortimer

Today I am grateful for you, Thunder's Muse. :)

This will be my last post on TOL, as this place makes me too angry. However, there are many people I've met here who provoke gratitude to God in my heart - and you, TM, are most certainly one of them. I want my last post to be a positive one... so merry Christmas TM, I do love you. :)

bybee

This will be my last post on TOL, as this place makes me too angry. However, there are many people I've met here who provoke gratitude to God in my heart - and you, TM, are most certainly one of them. I want my last post to be a positive one... so merry Christmas TM, I do love you. :)

My dear friend, I am so sorry this wil be your last post. I have enjoyed your company very much! Perhaps, in future, you shall reconsider and remember that you have friends here?
Merry Christmas!

Lovejoy

That is sad, but one must end things on one's own terms. At least, when you can.

Thunder's Muse

Thank You John. I am grateful for you, also...your friendship has meant much to me and I look forward to it growing even more.

I do wish you weren't leaving but I do understand...

Merry Christmas to you, John. May God Bless you richly, my friend.

Much love

TM x

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Tuesday, a former student came to see me. She wasn't the best student I ever had, but she had a question.

Someone had given her an impressive-looking and fairly substantial gold chain. Supposedly not just plated, but gold.

She wanted to know how to find out.

I told her about Archimedes, and how he did that for the Tyrant of Syracuse.

And then cautioned her about 10K, 14K, etc. She wrote down the URL of the website with directions, and left. Hope it worked out all right, but I'm thinking she's going to get something out of it no matter what happens.

Being entertaining is easy in teaching. Being actually useful is pretty cool.

Psalmist

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

.....The wonder of God's great gift.....

.....and the coming great day of Advent celebration.....

.....of God's precious gift, our Savior — Jesus, Immanuel, God with us.​

faramir77

Today, I'm grateful for J.S. Bach
and the 'what art thou listening to now' mssgbrd thread people
who might in some small way, in some convirnient time, share in the glory and joy of JS Bach - Christmas Thing.
J.S.Bach - Weihnachts Oratorium - Christmas Oratorio
Coro - Ehre sei dir, Gott, gesungen
Coro - Herr, wenn die stolzen Feinde schnauben
Chora l- Nun seid ihr wohl gerochen

faramir77

...i know, right?
against all the objections of the, those...

_think about it. _ya walk by a chuch, and ya hear outta the maginficigantly lighted widows? -what? _traditional tone and tanbor? -aka muzak, to the dleude?
-or-
Great & Glorious, uplifiting music?

-talk about_ evangeline.

_there is zero wisdom in second Nicea.
-glorious Chirch music in the

Psalmist

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

.....Jesus' First Advent celebration, today.

.....The anticipation of Jesus' future Second Advent.

.....To God the the glory great things He has done.​