Time for IMJersusha to eat her hat

Levolor

....neither did Paul know about the dbr before it happened...and even then he didn't believe it.

Right. Even after Christ's death, burial and resurrection, Paul not only did not believe it, he actively persecuted the believers.

Last edited:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
If the DB&R was hidden from the disciples, I'll eat my hat

Luke 18

31 Then He took the twelve aside and said to them, “Behold, we are going up to Jerusalem, and all things that are written by the prophets concerning the Son of Man will be accomplished. 32 For He will be delivered to the Gentiles and will be mocked and insulted and spit upon. 33 They will scourge Him and kill Him. And the third day He will rise again.”

34 But they understood none of these things; this saying was hidden from them, and they did not know the things which were spoken.

Levolor

Peter and the Apostles certainly were proclaiming the death and resurrection of Christ for sins in Acts 5:29-32. This is no different than what Paul preached. later.

That's right. Much later. Even in Acts 7:58 we see that Saul was present at Stephen's stoning, and reiterated by Paul in Acts 22:20.

The High Priests (even without the Holy Spirit) certainly understood the message, for the Apostles were beaten and imprisoned by them, for so preaching.

Yes. That was done, but they thought it was merely heresy to their religion. I say this because of the previous verses that you refer to above.

38 And now I say unto you, Refrain from these men, and let them alone: for if this counsel or this work be of men, it will come to nought:

39 But if it be of God, ye cannot overthrow it; lest haply ye be found even to fight against God.

[This was said by: a Pharisee, named Gamaliel, as shown in verse 34]

40 And to him they agreed: and when they had called the apostles, and beaten them, they commanded that they should not speak in the name of Jesus, and let them go. Acts 5:38, 39, 40

At this point, they didn't know if it was of God or not. They did become willing to let it die out, which it didn't. Praise God.

john w

Hall of Fame
I've asked IMJenny, and others, for years, this one question, i.e., where the 12, which included Judas, while they were preaching "the gospel of the kingdom," where they ever preached:

"Christ is going to die for our sins, and be raised again for our justification. Believe this good news to be justified."

Survey Mark 11 KJV...

...Jesus answered and said unto them, I will also ask of you one question, and answer me, and I will tell you.... answer me.

....And they answered and said unto Jesus, We cannot tell. And Jesus answering saith unto them, Neither do I tell you.......

Since they will not answer me, they "cannot tell," neither do I tell them/answer them.

The great Saviour knew how to talk to the droids-greatness.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
I've asked IMJenny, and others, for years, this one question, i.e., where the 12, which included Judas, while they were preaching "the gospel of the kingdom," where they ever preached:

"Christ is going to die for our sins, and be raised again for our justification. Believe this good news to be justified."

Survey Mark 11 KJV...

...Jesus answered and said unto them, I will also ask of you one question, and answer me, and I will tell you.... answer me.

....And they answered and said unto Jesus, We cannot tell. And Jesus answering saith unto them, Neither do I tell you.......

Since they will not answer me, they "cannot tell," neither do I tell them/answer them.

The great Saviour knew how to talk to the droids-greatness.

I think you should just retire for the night . . .

You are not helping or convincing anyone that you know zilch about the good news of Jesus Christ.

Sleep tight and know that Levolor is praying for your soul.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I think you should just retire for the night . . .

You are not helping or convincing anyone that you know zilch about the good news of Jesus Christ.
John W. walks the wall for the little ones.

Sleep tight and know that Levolor is praying for your soul.
His soul is safe and sound in Christ.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Indeed.

Do you disagree with this?

"The God of our fathers raised Jesus whom you murdered by hanging on a tree. Him God has exalted to His right hand to be Prince and Savior, to give repentance to Israel and forgiveness of sins. And we are His witnesses to these things, and so also is the Holy Spirit, whom God has given to those who obey Him."

What part of the above does NOT speak of the Gospel of God's grace?

What other Gospel of God's Grace is there, but what Peter preached?

you cited 3 verses that i responded to. then YOU morphed it into this, i am not answering you. you explain what the 3 original verses indicate. YOU go back and find, and stick to the topic. how many years have folks been giving you correct Bible teaching on tol ? you keep asking for the same proof after you've read it 2 weeks ago - :patrol:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

This post has more theological depth than anything Nag has ever posted.

Back to the subject.

If the DB&R was hidden from the disciples, I'll eat my hat

Luke 18

31 Then He took the twelve aside and said to them, “Behold, we are going up to Jerusalem, and all things that are written by the prophets concerning the Son of Man will be accomplished. 32 For He will be delivered to the Gentiles and will be mocked and insulted and spit upon. 33 They will scourge Him and kill Him. And the third day He will rise again.”

34 But they understood none of these things; this saying was hidden from them, and they did not know the things which were spoken.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
you cited 3 verses that i responded to. then YOU morphed it into this, i am not http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107308 back and find, and stick to the topic. how many years have folks been giving you correct Bible teaching on tol ? you keep asking for the same proof after you've read it 2 weeks ago - :patrol:

I just quoted you Acts 5:30-32 . . the three verses you claim do not proclaim the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

What is YOUR problem?

Lon

Luke 18

Are you referring to before Christ's resurrection, or after?
I'm not sure that was the egg he was trying to fry, just that it was true? :idunno:

No you won't you so why say you would? You despicable liar.

Either it is a overused colloquial, as used in the like of Charles Dicken's Pickwick Papers or...

Spoiler
FRNDFXEGMIGHF9N.MEDIUM.jpg

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I just quoted you Acts 5:30-32 . . the three verses you claim do not proclaim the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

What is YOUR problem?

Act 5:29 Then Peter and the other apostles answered and said, We ought to obey God rather than men.
Act 5:30 The God of our fathers raised up Jesus, whom ye slew and hanged on a tree.
Act 5:31 Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.
Act 5:32 And we are his witnesses of these things; and so is also the Holy Ghost, whom God hath given to them that obey him.
Act 5:33 When they heard that, they were cut to the heart, and took counsel to slay them.

The same effect today.

LA

This Charming Manc

I just skimmed the whole book of acts seeing if Paul preached the BDR formula, we only have two well structured expositions of Paul in acts. The passage in acts 13 follows this formula , acts 17 doesn't come even close.

Also interesting to see Paul baptizes gentiles and preaches the message of the kingdom post acts 15.

newbirth

BANNED
Banned
the good news(gospel) was the arrival of the Messiah....and the kingdom of God....it still is...one must receive the Messiah as Lord ....also repent and be baptised for the remission of sins to enter the kingdom of God...

John preached the gospel before Christ started his ministry ....and we preach the same gospel ...the details and principles(teaching) are kingdom business...but the preaching of the gospel is to bring men to Christ...

Romans 10:17
So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Luke 3:3
And he came into all the country about Jordan, preaching the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins;

Luke 24:46-48King James Version (KJV)

46 And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behooved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day:

47 And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

48 And ye are witnesses of these things.