This day have I begotten you

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Hi Clete :)

Thank you. We both joined TOL in 2003 (wow,....14 years so far) so have a little bit of seniority here, and by now have established our own 'character' and 'persona' if you will.

Depends on who you ask :) - one can have various definitions for 'death' or even 'life' granted meaning and context.

I'm somewhat aware of a Trinitarian explanation, at least one 'spin' on it, and that would that only the human nature of Jesus 'died' so to speak. In their Christology, Jesus being both 'man' and 'God' allows lots of wiggle room to explain various features of how God can both partake of mortality and immortality,...simultaneously ;) - as I noted,....orthodox Trinitarian Christology grants such liberties.

Now be nice :) no need for name calling, I understand your 'passionate' about defening the Deity of Jesus, but I think some issues may be more understood as we understand that the man Jesus can be differentiated from a divine logos, or Spirit-Son that came upon Jesus, anointed him and operated thru him, during his earthly ministry. It is ONLY the Spirit, the divine WORD that is divine, it being the divine agency, so there could be a differentiation between the man Jesus and the divine logos of God, manifesting thru the Lord Jesus. I just asked this pertinent question to keypurr and daqq...so they could clarify their view a bit more. This whole thread does cover aspects on this, since its from an Adoptionist Christological perspective.

Being 'nice' is neither wise nor biblical. People who buy into this blasphemous doctrine are universaly stupid or they are evil beyond description and intentionally misleading people away from biblical Christianity.

As for what it means to die, why can't people (including you it seems) simply answer the question? I don't give a damn about what various groups think because of the Christology. I'm not doing a comparitive study trying to find some idiotic concessus. Dying means something very specific and there is no wiggle room or any other such nonsense. It isn't a matter of opinion. It means what it means and it's meaning exposes the blasphemous doctrine of keypurr and company for what it is. Which, I suppose, is why they won't answer the question.

Resting in Him,
Clete

P.S. The 2003 start date is misleading. I'm pretty sure that the start dates that you see were generated by a software change. Bob Enyart was still on T.V. when I started here on TOL and I think his book had just been released. I forget the exact year but it would have been in the mid 90s! Wow! That's a long time!

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
When I read the Bible, "Jesus" doesn't come across as a nice guy.

daqq

Being 'nice' is neither wise nor biblical. People who buy into this blasphemous doctrine are universaly stupid or they are evil beyond description and intentionally misleading people away from biblical Christianity.

As for what it means to die, why can't people (including you it seems) simply answer the question? I don't give a damn about what various groups think because of the Christology. I'm not doing a comparitive study trying to find some idiotic concessus. Dying means something very specific and there is no wiggle room or any other such nonsense. It isn't a matter of opinion. It means what it means and it's meaning exposes the blasphemous doctrine of keypurr and company for what it is. Which, I suppose, is why they won't answer the question.

Resting in Him,
Clete

P.S. The 2003 start date is misleading. I'm pretty sure that the start dates that you see were generated by a software change. Bob Enyart was still on T.V. when I started here on TOL and I think his book had just been released. I forget the exact year but it would have been in the mid 90s! Wow! That's a long time!

Why then did neither of you two Messiah deniers confirm the Testimony of Messiah which I pointedly asked you both to either confirm or deny? It is clear that you love your phony dogmas and creeds over and above the Testimony of Messiah. By ignoring what was posted you have both denied Messiah and whosoever denies him before men, well, supposedly the two of you already know the answer to that, right? I guess it is the lake of fire for the both of you. :)

daqq

Resting in Him,
Clete

Why then did neither of you two Messiah deniers confirm the Testimony of Messiah which I pointedly asked you both to either confirm or deny? It is clear that you love your phony dogmas and creeds over and above the Testimony of Messiah. By ignoring what was posted you have both denied Messiah and whosoever denies him before men, well, supposedly the two of you already know the answer to that, right? I guess it is the lake of fire for the both of you. :)

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Clete
The point of the passage in John 1 is to directly claim the deity of Jesus Christ. It isn't complicated. Any third grader can read the passage and understand the point that is being made.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Nick M

14 And the Logos became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.

Paul would blind you. Which is much nicer than what the Lord Jesus Christ is going to do to you.

Again, both of you who use the Gospel of John to make your claims: please either confirm or deny the Testimony of Messiah in the following post. Do either of you actually believe the Testimony of Messiah according to his own words? Here is your chance to prove whether you actually do or whether you do not. The clean pure systematic logic is plain for all to see. Do you affirm or deny this little mini-"creed" from the Gospel of John?

Again, the plain simple flow of systematic logic straight from the Testimony of Messiah:

The words of "Jesus" are Spirit:

John 6:62-63
62 What then if you should behold the Son of Man ascending up to where he was before?
63 It is the Spirit that quickens; the flesh profits nothing: the words that I speak unto you,
they are Spirit, and they are Life.

The Father judges no one but has committed all judgment to the Son:

John 5:22
22. For the Father judges no one, but has committed all judgment unto the Son:

The man "Jesus" does not testify of himself and therefore does not claim to be Elohim:

John 5:31
31 If I testify of myself, my testimony is not true.

The man "Jesus" emphatically states that he himself judges no one:

John 8:15
15. You judge after the flesh: I judge no one.

There is only one who judges and he is the Seeker and the Judge:

John 8:50
50. And I seek not mine own glory: one there is, the Seeker and Judge. [Rev 2:23]

The Logos-Word is the Seeker and the Judge:

John 12:47-48
47. And if anyone hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but that the world might be delivered.
48. He that rejects me, and receives not my words, has one that judges him: the LOGOS-WORD that I have spoken, THAT ONE shall judge him in the last day [Rev 19:11-16].

The Logos-Word which the man "Jesus" speaks is not his own:

John 14:24
24. He that loves me not, keeps not my sayings: and the Logos-Word which you hear is not of me, but of the Father who sent me.

The Father judges no one, (John 5:22).
The man "Jesus" judges no one, (John 8:15, John 12:47-48).
The Father has committed all judgment unto the Son, (John 5:22).
The man "Jesus" does not testify concerning himself, (John 5:31).
The man "Jesus" testifies concerning the Father and the Son.
The Son is therefore the only Judge.

The Father is not the Judge.
The man "Jesus" is not the Judge.
The Logos-Word that "Jesus" spoke is the Judge.
The man "Jesus" therefore cannot be the Logos-Word.
The Logos-Word is the only begotten Elohim-Son of Elohim, (John 1:18).
This holy Testimony is never going to pass away, (Mt 24:35, Mk 13:31, Lk 21:33).

So then, Clete and Nick M, do you confess these words of Messiah or do you deny them?

And while the two of you are at it go here also, The Logos-Word, and see how many of your fellow haters of the Word of Elohim have chosen man-made creeds and dogmas over, above, and against the Word of Elohim, exalting themselves, their churches, their church mothers and fathers, and their paradigm-mindsets over and above the clear and plain emphatic statements of the Messiah as contained in the same post above herein; weep and howl for your so-called friends who are just like yourselves, who hate the Word of Elohim to the point of silencing his messengers by plugging their ears and shutting down their threads. No doubt it is the lake of fire for the both of you unless and until you repent and bow the knee to The Word. :chuckle:

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist

Your passion is noted. I'm very chill relaxed and calm here, enjoying some zazen :)

Why not just share your 'opinion' on what it means to die, and we wont suffer from the suspense.

Good point! Now that you mention it,....I think I too may have joined in the 90's actually, but not sure. So the software change would have affected everyone's join date? hmmmmm. Maybe we can ask Knight.

keypurr

Do you or daqq see the logos having a 'form' of anykind, or is it a spirit that can take on a form or operate thru a form or personality? As far as the Son's relationship to the Father, could you expand on how you see their relationship, and if the logos is still joined to the soul or spirit of Jesus, the logos embodied by and indwelling, operating thru the Lord Jesus? Or was this just during his earthly ministry?

I think some are interested in if Jesus and the 'Messiah-Son' (are they different?) or as you've referred to before as the 'Christ-spirit' are still one. I believe you and daqq use different terminology at times. Im well aware too within more liberal circles that the man Jesus and the 'Christ' are sometimes differentiated, especially in more liberal new age or spiritualist schools. Jesus is the 'man', and the 'Christ' is the divine spirit.

Readers will have a beter comprehension of how you define the logos as its related to the 'Son' or 'Christ' and how this was related to the man Jesus, since traditional orthodox Christians believe God the Son, who is the logos became flesh, so that Jesus is wholly God and Man incorporeated as one, per their strictly defined creed, per its metaphysical terms and definition. Jesus Christ to them is wholly God, the divine logos made flesh, made into the man Jesus, so this divine incarnation, a holy mystery, has forever changed the nature of God, since God the Son is NOW a deified Man! - the human and divine elements of the Lord Jesus appear to be forever FUSED! It can be confusing. So, if you guys can clarify this carefully for traditional orthodox believers it would help. How and WHY you see there is a logos-Messiah-Son ENTITY that is totally different than the MAN Jesus. I hope this inquiry is clear and direct. I know you explained this before in various way, but maybe you can expand on it.

This would mean that Jesus the man was but the physical vehicle, soul-body who served as the Messenger-Prophet of YHWH, He was anointed with the Spirit of YHWH, who came down in the form of a dove upon him, this Spirit was the logos of YHWH, the Messiah-Son anointing? - so that Jesus was invested, anointed with the logos-spirit (Christ-spirit)...and it was this logos of YHWH what was being manifested thru Jesus, the Holy Spirit empowering, demonstrating the logos thru his life, words and ministry. When Jesus was raised from the dead, did this logos-spirit ascend with him, was the Christ-spirit still upon or within him? Are these two one? Also, Jesus was called both Son of God and Son of Man. Was the man Jesus called these titles ONLY when the Christ-anointing came upon him and qualified him for these titles, or is the 'Son of God/Son of Man' the 'logos-anointing' that came upon him, and is different from the man Jesus, and are Jesus and the logos-Christ-divine spirit (whatever) still merged together????

Seriously,...I think some are confused about this :idunno:

WHO IS JESUS THE CHRIST?

This is a very good question to ask yourself. I was brought up to believe that he was at the creation. That he was God. For many years I pondered over the fact that there is only one God, how could the Son of God be God? It took me 65 years to answer that question. This is my view on who Jesus Christ is.

Lets start with the creation. Everything comes from God through his first creation. The verses I post most have heard from me before. But they are important to see and understand. Lets look at the logos, what exactly is it? English translators say it is the WORD of the creator. But it goes much deeper than that.

Hebrews 1 tells us that God has a son, a son who is just like his Father in every way. God is a spirit and so is his Son. Heb 1. Now the son was given the fullness of his Father, it has the power to do what the Father commands of it. Col 1. Keep in mind that this son is a spirit, not a man. This spirit laid the foundation of the Universe. God, YHWH, the most high told this logos what to do and what to say. I believe that YHWH was alone until he created this Exact copy of himself. Heb 1:3. This logos is called O God by his God. Only the Father is greater than this logos.

What is Jesus then? He is the flesh son of the most high. The world needed a saviour, someone pure and sinless. As Adam was. He had to be able to die for our sins. The Saviour of mankind needed to be a man, one who face all the things that life threw at it. Jesus, Y’shua, is that man. He is not God.

When it was time for the logos to come, it needed a body to dwell in. Heb 10:5 speaks of a body prepared for the logos and to be the sinless Lamb of God. That tells us a lot. There is more to Jesus Christ than Jesus the man.

The logos has the power given to him from his God, the logos went into Jesus at his anointing. The logos spoke and acted through Jesus. This is when God declared that this was his son. Acts 10:38 tell us that Jesus received his power at his anointing. The Dove. Consider that Jesus needed to go into the wilderness to adjust to this power he was just given.

So what do have here now? A man who was given the power of the logos, the spirit Son of YHWH. Jesus became the Christ when he was anointed with Christ the logos. The logos spirit became a man.

Gen 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
Gen 1:2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

Is this stretching it to much? I do not think so. The important verses to get you to think are listed below. Give them some thought. However the English translations make it hard to see the simple truth.

Heb 1:1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,
Heb 1:2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;
Heb 1:3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;
Heb 1:4 Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.

Heb 1:8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.
Heb 1:9 Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.

Col 1:15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:
Col 1:16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
Col 1:17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.
Col 1:18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.
Col 1:19 For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell;

Heb 10:4 For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins.
Heb 10:5 Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me:
Heb 10:6 In burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin thou hast had no pleasure.
Heb 10:7 Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God.
Heb 10:8 Above when he said, Sacrifice and offering and burnt offerings and offering for sin thou wouldest not, neither hadst pleasure therein; which are offered by the law;
Heb 10:9 Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second.
Heb 10:10 By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

Act 10:38 How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.

Php 2:5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
Php 2:6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
Php 2:7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
Php 2:8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.
Php 2:9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:
Php 2:10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;
Php 2:11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

The true Son of God has come and taken the form of a man. That man is Jesus Christ.

keypurr

Says the guy who isn't a Christian.

Paul worshiped Jesus as God. Your faith uses all the right words but with corrupted meanings. In short, you've put your trust in the wrong Jesus. If Jesus was not God - If God did not die on that cross, we are all still in our sins. The death of a man isn't nearly sufficient.

Repent or experience the 2nd death.

Clete

Paul did NOT worship Jesus as God. Read his words.

1Co 8:6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

ONE GOD AND ONE LORD. You do not understand Paul.

keypurr

Resting in Him,
Clete

Clete, a person with your knowledge should be able to disprove me IF I AM WRONG.

I started on TOL in 2004

daqq

You are not the judge.

Clete refuses to answer the post full of emphatic irrefutable statements from the Master; so perhaps, (even though the Anointed one clearly states that he judges no one), in Clete's mind Clete gets to be the Seeker and Judge of the quickened and the dead in the place of the Son of Elohim. That really sounds anti- something or other, but for now, I suppose it is better just to leave it at "anti- something or other". :)

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
You are not the judge.

:) Amen,...only 'God' Alone can truly perfectly know and judge a soul, while our 'judgments' are biased or relative at best. 'God' looks at the heart, and weighs the inward parts...he knows the depths of our being, intentions, orientation.

And as far as someone questioning if I'm a 'Christian' or not, this doesn't phase me on this forum, since I've dropped the label 'Christian (Other)' some years ago here, and got Knight to make the more generic, universal term 'Other' available, although sometimes I wish he would make 'Unitarian-Universalist' available in the affiliation options, since it is a little more defined than just plain 'Other' :)

More on your response later. I still find it puzzling that a more Adoptionist/Arian -esque view would be so criminalized by some othordox pontiffs around here just because it doesn't exactly match their Trinitarian formula. Seems the tend towards dogmatism hasn't died down since the Arian Controversy in the 4th century, although any cult or denomination can be more or less 'dogmatic' about anything, so I'm not just ragging on the ortho-fundies,....but they often merit more criticism on that note.

If they continue their awe and mystery of the living God and the living Christos, they might accept that the spirit-son-word of God could have indwelt and anointed the man Jesus, and that God was truly working in and thru Jesus, which no Unitarian denies! - Jesus is Lord of all true biblical Unitarians, they just don't accept Jesus as being YHWH and this takes nothing away from the faith that God sent his Son, was acting THRU His Messiah-Son, that his fullness indwelt his Son, and so on. I think it futher ridiculous to believe people are gonna be sent to 'hell' for not believing in the Trinity as defined by orthodox creeds and tradition. God judgdes heart and soul, and he alone mediates with true justice and mercy. His Love and Wisdom shall guide all who call upon him, who do his will, who love his Son, and glory in the Father who sent him.

Those who will to do God's will seem to prosper in the gospel of Jesus, without a lot of the extra doctrines being jumbled and superimposed thereon. Seems traditional Christianity has made a religion about Jesus more than really a study and practice of the teachings of Jesus himself. Some just choose to dispensationalize his teachings to no longer applicable, but swallow Paul's gospel hook, line and sinker. Differences in their gospels go without saying, but that's another thread.

Truster

Matthew Poole has a relevant commentary on this:

I will declare, or publish, that all people concerned may take notice of it, and submit to it upon their peril. Publication or promulgation is essential to all laws or statutes.

The decree, or, concerning the decree, i.e. the will or pleasure and appointment of God concerning my advancement into the throne, and the submission and obedience which the people here following shall yield to me.

Thou art my Son; which though it may in some sort be said to or of David, who was in some respects the son of God, and begotten by him, as all believers are, John 1:12 1Jo 3:9 Jam 1:18; yet much more truly and properly belongs to Christ, who is commonly known by this title both in the Old and New Testament, as Proverbs 30:4 Hosea 11:1 Matthew 2:15 Matthew 3:17 4:3,6, and oft elsewhere; and to whom this title is expressly appropriated by the Holy Ghost, who is the best interpreter of his own words, Acts 13:33 Hebrews 1:5 5:5, and to whom alone the following passages belong.

This day have I begotten thee: this is also applied by some to David, and so this day is the day of his inauguration, when he might be said to be begotten by God, inasmuch as he was then raised and delivered from all his troubles and calamities, which were a kind of death, and brought forth and advanced to a new kind of life, of royal state and dignity; and so this was the birthday, though not of his person, yet of his kingdom, as the Roman emperors celebrated a double birthday; first the emperor’s, when he was born, and then the empire’s, when he was advanced to the empire. But this is but a lean, and far-fetched, and doubtful sense; and therefore not to be allowed by the laws of interpretation, when the words may be properly understood concerning Christ. And so this may be understood either,

1. Of his eternal generation.

This day; from all eternity, which is well described by this day, because in eternity there is no succession, no yesterday, no to-morrow, but it is all as one continued day or moment, without change or flux; upon which account one day is said to be with the Lord as long as a thousand years, and a thousand years as short as one day, 2 Peter 3:8. Or rather,

2. Of the manifestation of Christ’s eternal sonship in time; which was done partly in his birth and life, when his being the Son of God was demonstrated by the testimony of the angel, Luke 1:32, and of God the Father, Matthew 3:17 17:5, and by his own words and works; but principally in his resurrection, which seems to be here mainly intended, of which day this very place is expounded, Acts 13:33; when Christ was in a most solemn manner declared to be the Son of God with power, Romans 1:4. And this day or time Christ might very well be said to be begotten by God the Father; partly, because the resurrection from the dead is in Scripture called a regeneration or second birth, Matthew 19:28, as well it may, being a restitution of that very being which man received by his, first birth, and that by the peculiar and mighty power of God; partly, because in this respect Christ is called the first begotten of the dead, Revelation 1:5; and partly, because of that common observation, that things are oft said to be done in Scripture when they are only declared or manifested to be done; of which see instances, Genesis 41:13 Jeremiah 1:10 Ezekiel 43:3, and elsewhere.

daqq

Matthew Poole has a relevant commentary on this:

I will declare, or publish, that all people concerned may take notice of it, and submit to it upon their peril. Publication or promulgation is essential to all laws or statutes.

The decree, or, concerning the decree, i.e. the will or pleasure and appointment of God concerning my advancement into the throne, and the submission and obedience which the people here following shall yield to me.

Thou art my Son; which though it may in some sort be said to or of David, who was in some respects the son of God, and begotten by him, as all believers are, John 1:12 1Jo 3:9 Jam 1:18; yet much more truly and properly belongs to Christ, who is commonly known by this title both in the Old and New Testament, as Proverbs 30:4 Hosea 11:1 Matthew 2:15 Matthew 3:17 4:3,6, and oft elsewhere; and to whom this title is expressly appropriated by the Holy Ghost, who is the best interpreter of his own words, Acts 13:33 Hebrews 1:5 5:5, and to whom alone the following passages belong.

This day have I begotten thee: this is also applied by some to David, and so this day is the day of his inauguration, when he might be said to be begotten by God, inasmuch as he was then raised and delivered from all his troubles and calamities, which were a kind of death, and brought forth and advanced to a new kind of life, of royal state and dignity; and so this was the birthday, though not of his person, yet of his kingdom, as the Roman emperors celebrated a double birthday; first the emperor’s, when he was born, and then the empire’s, when he was advanced to the empire. But this is but a lean, and far-fetched, and doubtful sense; and therefore not to be allowed by the laws of interpretation, when the words may be properly understood concerning Christ. And so this may be understood either,

1. Of his eternal generation.

This day; from all eternity, which is well described by this day, because in eternity there is no succession, no yesterday, no to-morrow, but it is all as one continued day or moment, without change or flux; upon which account one day is said to be with the Lord as long as a thousand years, and a thousand years as short as one day, 2 Peter 3:8. Or rather,

2. Of the manifestation of Christ’s eternal sonship in time; which was done partly in his birth and life, when his being the Son of God was demonstrated by the testimony of the angel, Luke 1:32, and of God the Father, Matthew 3:17 17:5, and by his own words and works; but principally in his resurrection, which seems to be here mainly intended, of which day this very place is expounded, Acts 13:33; when Christ was in a most solemn manner declared to be the Son of God with power, Romans 1:4. And this day or time Christ might very well be said to be begotten by God the Father; partly, because the resurrection from the dead is in Scripture called a regeneration or second birth, Matthew 19:28, as well it may, being a restitution of that very being which man received by his, first birth, and that by the peculiar and mighty power of God; partly, because in this respect Christ is called the first begotten of the dead, Revelation 1:5; and partly, because of that common observation, that things are oft said to be done in Scripture when they are only declared or manifested to be done; of which see instances, Genesis 41:13 Jeremiah 1:10 Ezekiel 43:3, and elsewhere.

Most all of this thinking as well as the key passages quoted have already been refuted by the scripture. Moreover if you are not regenerated in this life you will not be regenerated, ever, and that is "the first resurrection", so the reasoning from that angle is also out of order. Someone else already tried to argue Acts 13, (over and over and over again), and it has already been refuted as supposedly speaking of the resurrection of Messiah the way your author appears to be trying to explain it. The Psalm 2:7 decree was no doubt spoken by the Voice coming from the heavens at the immersion of the Anointed one. That is why the full decree still exists in the Luke 3:22 version of Codex Bezae as well as quite a few other manuscripts and texts including Latin, (because it was excised by those who did not like what it says).

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
You are not the judge.

I Corinthians 6:2 Do you not know that the saints will judge the world? And if the world will be judged by you, are you unworthy to judge the smallest matters? 3 Do you not know that we shall judge angels? How much more, things that pertain to this life?

Words mean things, Keypurr. And ideas have consequences.

You are not a Christian, by definition. I know that you will ignore me. You wouldn't be here if you weren't entrenched in this false doctrine and so I have no delusions about convincing you of anything. And while you're repentance is desired, I'm not saying these things for your benefit.

Clete

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Clete, a person with your knowledge should be able to disprove me IF I AM WRONG.

I started on TOL in 2004

Nope! Your mind is broken. I will not even try.

Besides, you won't even attempt to answer what should be an easy question, why would I think that you're remotely capable of an intellectually honest debate?

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber

You misunderstand. It isn't simply your post I'm ignoring (I don't even know what post you're talking about), it's you that I am ignoring. It's blind luck (if luck is the right word for it) that I even saw this post of yours!

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Your passion is noted. I'm very chill relaxed and calm here, enjoying some zazen :)

Why not just share your 'opinion' on what it means to die, and we won't suffer from the suspense.
That would be boring and it would defeat the purpose. I am not here to debate this. It's straight up stupidity. These morons might as well believe that the sky is green with bright orange polka dots and that all but the first and fifth legs of a millipede are attached with gorilla glue.

Good point! Now that you mention it,....I think I too may have joined in the 90's actually, but not sure. So the software change would have affected everyone's join date? hmmmmm. Maybe we can ask Knight.
Do you remember Turbo? We need Turbo back. He was brilliant.

I bet not even Knight has the original start dates anymore.

Clete

keypurr

:) Amen,...only 'God' Alone can truly perfectly know and judge a soul, while our 'judgments' are biased or relative at best. 'God' looks at the heart, and weighs the inward parts...he knows the depths of our being, intentions, orientation.

And as far as someone questioning if I'm a 'Christian' or not, this doesn't phase me on this forum, since I've dropped the label 'Christian (Other)' some years ago here, and got Knight to make the more generic, universal term 'Other' available, although sometimes I wish he would make 'Unitarian-Universalist' available in the affiliation options, since it is a little more defined than just plain 'Other' :)

More on your response later. I still find it puzzling that a more Adoptionist/Arian -esque view would be so criminalized by some othordox pontiffs around here just because it doesn't exactly match their Trinitarian formula. Seems the tend towards dogmatism hasn't died down since the Arian Controversy in the 4th century, although any cult or denomination can be more or less 'dogmatic' about anything, so I'm not just ragging on the ortho-fundies,....but they often merit more criticism on that note.

If they continue their awe and mystery of the living God and the living Christos, they might accept that the spirit-son-word of God could have indwelt and anointed the man Jesus, and that God was truly working in and thru Jesus, which no Unitarian denies! - Jesus is Lord of all true biblical Unitarians, they just don't accept Jesus as being YHWH and this takes nothing away from the faith that God sent his Son, was acting THRU His Messiah-Son, that his fullness indwelt his Son, and so on. I think it futher ridiculous to believe people are gonna be sent to 'hell' for not believing in the Trinity as defined by orthodox creeds and tradition. God judgdes heart and soul, and he alone mediates with true justice and mercy. His Love and Wisdom shall guide all who call upon him, who do his will, who love his Son, and glory in the Father who sent him.

Those who will to do God's will seem to prosper in the gospel of Jesus, without a lot of the extra doctrines being jumbled and superimposed thereon. Seems traditional Christianity has made a religion about Jesus more than really a study and practice of the teachings of Jesus himself. Some just choose to dispensationalize his teachings to no longer applicable, but swallow Paul's gospel hook, line and sinker. Differences in their gospels go without saying, but that's another thread.
True my friend, God knows what's in the heart of a man and man will be judge by it. It's been a pleasure posting with you over the years.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using TheologyOnline mobile app