"Therefore, Abortion Must Remain Legal"

alwight

Mental functions are not what makes a person.
Your opinion is noted.

Now, prove that your magic-moment of the presence of a functioning nervous system is when they become a person...
I don't suppose to know exactly as you do, but I do conclude from physical evidence, not magic, that it can't exist at least until a sufficiently functioning central nervous system is present.
The justification for any abortion is imo something that should always involve honest consideration all the relevant facts of each case, not a dogmatism based on a presupposed magic moment.

alwight

So what is "human" depends on geography? :p
My toe-nail clipping is human but I wouldn't go as far as to call it "a" human, while imo a zygote is not "a" human either.

What is a "person" is a different debate (subjective vs objective) than what is "human". You're blurring terms in your first two sentences.
Well, I was talking about "a" human not something of human origin as you have which I hope I have clarified for you above.

Who is "we"? If you're saying that people overall don't worry about what they don't know, then yes, ignorance is bliss.
I don't sense any great outpouring of grief for what would amount to the majority of human beings/persons not making it passed the zygote stage. Even when this perhaps lesser known fact of life is pointed out I perceive no particular worry from those claiming that a human being starts at conception. Maybe they simply don't want to hear or accept it?
All part of God's mysterious plan perhaps?:think:
It isn't something that worries me simply because I don't consider zygotes to be persons, any more than toe-nail clippings, but if I did then it probably would worry me a lot.
If it worries you then you seem to be remarkably sanguine about it, why are you not apparently more concerned about this awful tragedy going on around us every day?

Exactly why we should stick to science and not philosophy.
On the right-to-life issue, I believe, I’m a real stickler for civil liberties. It’s academic to talk about civil liberties if you don’t talk about the true protection of all life. So if you are going to protect liberty, you have to protect the life of the unborn just as well....We establish the principle that life begins at conception. And someone says, ‘oh why are you saying that?’ and I say, ‘well, that’s not a political statement -- that’s a scientific statement that I’m making!“

source

Life begins at conception. We have to acknowledge this fact as a first step.
I suggest that is not actually true since arguably the egg and sperm were already alive. What you seem to be assuming is a magical moment when "personship" is created or bestowed which is not something that I at least accept from the physical evidence or indeed want to from the fact that most human zygotes fail. :plain:

WizardofOz

My toe-nail clipping is human but I wouldn't go as far as to call it "a" human, while imo a zygote is not "a" human either.

Well, I was talking about "a" human not something of human origin as you have which I hope I have clarified for you above.

Your toe-nail clipping has no potential of becoming anything more, whereas a zygote is a human body, albeit at its earliest stage of development. It is irrelevant if you subjectively consider a zygote "a" human. It is indisputably human.

Lets stick to science and not wade needlessly into philosophy.

I don't sense any great outpouring of grief for what would amount to the majority of human beings/persons not making it passed the zygote stage. Even when this perhaps lesser known fact of life is pointed out I perceive no particular worry from those claiming that a human being starts at conception. Maybe they simply don't want to hear or accept it?

I don't know what God has to do with anything other than filling a desire to rail against said deity. We are talking about what is under human control i.e. "legal". If a woman has a miscarriage no one is necessarily at fault. If a pregnant woman has a miscarriage due to criminal behavior or negligence of a third party, that person could be found criminally culpable.

Beyond that, what people choose to grieve for really has nothing to do with the topic.

It isn't something that worries me simply because I don't consider zygotes to be persons, any more than toe-nail clippings, but if I did then it probably would worry me a lot.

That's a rather sad way to look at it but again, how individuals define "persons" is irrelevant as this is a subjective, ambiguous and wholly philosophical topic/definition.

Whether you want to concede the point or not, the fact remain that embryos that can be legally killed for no other reason that inconvenience are human bodies.

Yes, even a zygote is a human body. It is simply at its earliest stage of development.

Do you find this a disputable point?

If it worries you then you seem to be remarkably sanguine about it, why are you not apparently more concerned about this awful tragedy going on around us every day?

What tragedy? If you're talking about a zygote that fails to implant in the womb, I can be as concerned for this "tragedy" as I am concerned for an unknown girl who may or may not have been raped yesterday. If a tree falls in a forest with no one around....

I'm sorry, remind me again what worries you.

I suggest that is not actually true since arguably the egg and sperm were already alive.

With no potential on their own to become anything more.

What you seem to be assuming is a magical moment when "personship" is created or bestowed which is not something that I at least accept from the physical evidence or indeed want to from the fact that most human zygotes fail. :plain:

You are bridging needlessly back into the philosophical realm but with a new term, "personship" (which my ipad is hinting at not even being a word). You're rationalizing again.

Your argument seems to be "most zygotes fail, therefore it should be legal to kill zygotes". Correct? If I'm wrong about that, please clarify.

mighty_duck

The point rests on its own merit without any mention of abortion. You'll notice it didn't. The argument certainly applies to abortion though. I also fail to see how it's a slippery slope rather than an observation but I won't split hairs over it.
Fair enough.

Except expect a pregnant girl to be responsible for her actions when it comes to consensual sex.
We can certainly expect it, teach it, and work to make it the norm.
But forcing them to do so is not fostering responsibility.

I fail to see why the principle changes depending on the state of development. I guess this is the root of our disconnect.
Because it is not a matter of one principle universally trumping another. That is a very unnuanced way to view justice. It is a matter of choosing between two evils, and the circumstances are important.

I feel no person should have the right to kill another human for the sake of convenience alone. This is exactly what the majority of abortions are. If you're also not OK with that then you're allowing the exceptions (rape, life of mother) to determine the more general rule.
I think convenience is misnomer.
It is inconvenient to sit on a hard wooden chair for two hours opposite your mother in law.

Going through 9 months of pregancy and then having a child move through your vagina is something else entirely. Kudos to all mothers who are willing to do so for their children - but I will not force a woman to do so against her will. I will also not diminish the ordeal by calling it a mere inconvenience.

I prefer no pro-choice options but realize that no progress can be made without concessions. If legislation banning all abortion save in cases of rape came down to my vote, yes I would vote in favor of it.
You're a lot more practical than many in your camp, who would prefer to see millions of a abortions if it meant whitewashing a select few for the time being.

But my question is different. What if the morning after pill was already banned, and it came down to your vote on whether an exception can be made for rape victims. How would you vote?

It's a subjective philosophical question that has no place in the discussion. Any pro-lifer who attempts to engage it will only get bogged down to the point where no discourse can actually progress.

I'd rather stick with terms and phrases that are less open to debate and philosophical meanderings.
If you want to understand where your opponent is coming from, you will need to understand this term, even if you ultimately don't accept it.

It almost seems like you are looking for mathematical proof to settle this debate. You won't find it on either side of the aisle.
What constitutes "personhood" is subjective. What you feel is obvious another may not. For this reason, "personhood" really has no place in the debate.
A lot of people feel as I do. Seeing as close to 50% of your countrymen support abortion, it is not wise to merely wave off their way of thinking.

Rather, a human has intrinsic value and is worth fighting for. An embryo at 12 weeks is just as much human as at 24 weeks. That is, 100%. ;)
I don't want to rehash what alwight is saying vis-a-vis his toe nail clippings, since you two are going down this exact path.

I don't value another person merely because they have human DNA (if you discovered one of your friends had non-human DNA, would you still consider them a person? Of course you would. Human DNA is neither necessary nor a sufficient cause for personhood).
And while having the potential to one day become a unique person makes a zygote important, it does not make them a person today.

alwight

Your toe-nail clipping has no potential of becoming anything more, whereas a zygote is a human body, albeit at its earliest stage of development. It is irrelevant if you subjectively consider a zygote "a" human. It is indisputably human.

DNA from any human cells could potentially be used to create a human person but you want to talk about retaining the legality of abortion, OK but you asked for it:

I personally think it would often be mind numbingly cruel and heartless to force say a raped woman to gestate and give birth to a rapist’s child, particularly so if she had to put her own plans for a family on hold or marriage at risk with the man of her choice.

If, in the general opinion of society based on sound medical science, that up to a certain point there is no actual human “person” involved anyway, despite those who apparently believe in a magic-moment at conception, then what right or physical reason does the state have to deny an early abortion at least, even one based solely on convenience? None imo, any more than birth control should be illegal.

Later abortions imo should perhaps remain moot but not automatically illegal and based on the specific facts of the case, not someone else’s perhaps lay pre-conclusions or belief-led dogma.
Other than that, as per the general non-importance of individual zygotes and yes early term foetuses have in the scale of things (imo) then I personally don’t see any good reason for the state to interfere or deny any woman a desired early abortion on demand even, or risk encouraging the re-emergence of back street abortionists.

Later abortions just become increasingly more difficult to justify afaic but I do rather object to the imposition of dogma based legal sanctions without apparent regard for the facts of individual cases, as forced by those who are not actually involved themselves but perhaps have some greater principle or belief in mind that they want to impose on those who are involved but who perhaps don’t share those beliefs.

I don't know what God has to do with anything other than filling a desire to rail against said deity. We are talking about what is under human control i.e. "legal". If a woman has a miscarriage no one is necessarily at fault. If a pregnant woman has a miscarriage due to criminal behavior or negligence of a third party, that person could be found criminally culpable.

Beyond that, what people choose to grieve for really has nothing to do with the topic.
However I think such factors regarding the status of the foetus, not simply a belief in a supposed magic-moment at conception, are what law makers are actually interested in when deciding. Practical and physical things rather than spiritual.

That's a rather sad way to look at it but again, how individuals define "persons" is irrelevant as this is a subjective, ambiguous and wholly philosophical topic/definition.

Whether you want to concede the point or not, the fact remain that embryos that can be legally killed for no other reason that inconvenience are human bodies.

Yes, even a zygote is a human body. It is simply at its earliest stage of development.

Do you find this a disputable point?
Yes, I don’t agree that a human zygote is a person which is simply what I think you are trying to say without actually saying it. I also see nothing wrong with birth control and this is no great leap away from that in principal, at least for those who don’t believe in magic-moments anyway.

What tragedy? If you're talking about a zygote that fails to implant in the womb, I can be as concerned for this "tragedy" as I am concerned for an unknown girl who may or may not have been raped yesterday. If a tree falls in a forest with no one around....

I'm sorry, remind me again what worries you.
Many things worry me but zygotes don’t particularly. Obviously they are very expendable items in nature unless I am wrong and each one has been somehow made into a person at conception and well prior to the emergence of a nervous system.
Are you concerned enough for your unknown girl to allow her an abortion if she doesn’t want to be forced to gestate a rapist’s offspring for him, who may have wanted her chosen partner to be pregnant by instead but who now can’t by law? Do you care for that potential child albeit without the magic-moment part?

I suggest that is not actually true since arguably the egg and sperm were already alive.
With no potential on their own to become anything more.
Nor has my potential child from my comment above, just something that could possibly happen. I think you are perhaps rather too precious about zygotes than you are about actual people with extant lives to lead, but yet strangely don’t seem to worry too much for the two in three I gather that fail quite naturally. Zygotes don’t worry me, people however do.

What you seem to be assuming is a magical moment when "personship" is created or bestowed which is not something that I at least accept from the physical evidence or indeed want to from the fact that most human zygotes fail. :plain:
You are bridging needlessly back into the philosophical realm but with a new term, "personship" (which my ipad is hinting at not even being a word). You're rationalizing again.

Your argument seems to be "most zygotes fail, therefore it should be legal to kill zygotes". Correct? If I'm wrong about that, please clarify.
Yes “personship” is a contrivance that I’ve seen and used elsewhere, why not?

You say “kill” but is preventing zygotes with birth control free from such blame, why shouldn’t all pregnancies be wanted in this overcrowded world? After all that potential life requires the complete cooperation of that very same extant woman anti-abortionists would deny that choice to, perhaps after suffering a traumatic rape or more simply only a failed contraception.
Those who believe in that magic-moment at conception can of course instead choose not to abort in such circumstances; imo that is their choice to make as a human being, not others.

Alate_One

Well, scientifically speaking, you could conceivably turn (not a toenail clipping, since toenails are pure protein rather than cells) but a small piece of skin into another human being.

I don't see how a zygote, a single undifferentiated human cell is in any way a "human body". It's a potential human, under the right circumstances and treatment, but so is a single cell in the piece of skin . . .

Both have 46 chromosomes and all of the information necessary to create another human being.

The skin would create someone genetically identical to someone already around but, we already have those people. They're called identical twins and we don't discount someone's life because they happen to be genetically identical to someone else.

The only difference between the two cells, is one is in a different physiological state than the other. And very soon the technology will exist to change that physiological state (we've already done so in many other organisms). So the argument becomes more complicated. And if we're willing to define single cells as "human bodies" it makes everything into quite a mess.

The thing you should recognize is that the obvious "human body" of the embryo develops very rapidly, within about 8-9 weeks. So, i think you can make a strong argument for restricting abortion after a certain point, without asserting full humanity at conception. If you do that, you end up with a real mess in terms of the line between contraception and abortion as well as the issues with technology going forward.

Cst800.jpg

Last edited:

quip

BANNED
Banned
Life begins at conception. We have to acknowledge this fact as a first step.

Likewise, do you acknowledge that these incipient, first steps of life may not be held to the same import as life's latter steps? If not..why?

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
My emotional reaction is irrelevant; why you're interested in my reaction is more to the point.
I only ask because you claim I posted the gif to get an emotional reaction; I state I did no such thing and you call me a liar, so I can only assume you had an emotional reaction to the images.

From homosexuals to heretics, I'm well aware that you're such a compassionate upstanding guy :plain: It makes one wonder why you bother to consider yourself pro-life.
I'm not pro-life; I'm anti-abortion. You should know that by now.

I still don't care.
Didn't I already state that? And you whined it was an ad hominem. Oh well.:idunno:

The truth is that a woman can choose to rid herself of an entity subsisting on and within her body. You've illustrated no facts to the contrary other than attempting to manipulate the issue with pics of aborted fetuses. OK, they're sad... Boo Hoo! ...now move on and give me a substantial argument against abortion.
A woman can choose to commit murder if the victim subsists on and within her body? How is that even remotely justifiable?

And how did I manipulate?

Why would you think that...perhaps because the ploy didn't work. :chuckle:
What ploy? The truth?

I don't suppose to know exactly as you do, but I do conclude from physical evidence, not magic, that it can't exist at least until a sufficiently functioning central nervous system is present.
What physical evidence leads you to that conclusion? Why can't a person exist until a sufficiently functioning central nervous system is present?

The justification for any abortion is imo something that should always involve honest consideration all the relevant facts of each case, not a dogmatism based on a presupposed magic moment.
There is no justification for murder.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Well, scientifically speaking, you could conceivably turn (not a toenail clipping, since toenails are pure protein rather than cells) but a small piece of skin into another human being.
Can't you tell the difference between a complete person and a piece of a person?

I don't see how a zygote, a single undifferentiated human cell is in any way a "human body".
You can't figure out what it is so let's kill it!

Both have 46 chromosomes and all of the information necessary to create another human being.
Nope. One already is a person.

we don't discount someone's life because they happen to be genetically identical to someone else.
But apparently you do if the person is small enough.

And if we're willing to define single cells as "human bodies" it makes everything into quite a mess.
Nope. It makes everything neat and tidy. Kill a child - murder.

restricting abortion after a certain point
Smaller than Alate's arbitrary point, kill! Larger that Alate's arbitrary point, kill with permission.

Spoiler
Cst800.jpg

Ah. Alate probably missed the part where this picture said "human".

alwight

What physical evidence leads you to that conclusion? Why can't a person exist until a sufficiently functioning central nervous system is present?
I’ve seen no reasoning based on physical evidence from you or others to suggest that it could be otherwise.
I’ve already explained before LH that a person we can know, react with and learn from, whose body exists, is mentally no longer extant if their central nervous system stops functioning. We also know that if the nervous system is damaged, that person is affected directly corresponding to the physical damage. Since I don’t know of any physical place other than the central nervous system for a “person” to exist in, then my conclusions must relate only to that and the physical body as its sole, not soul (nota bene), container.
But what if I’m wrong and perhaps a “person” exists in some other way or realm maybe beyond the physical?
So what? Abortion is a physical event of this natural world, what harm would it do there?

The justification for any abortion is imo something that should always involve honest consideration [of] all the relevant facts of each case, not a dogmatism based on a presupposed magic moment.
There is no justification for murder.
Those like me who are pro-choice are usually not pro-abortion imo but simply pro the right to choose what is often the least worst option, given the specific facts of each case. I think you should perhaps try to be a bit more reasonable in that “murder” is as much to do with the intent as the deed itself. Nobody intends to murder anyone here.

quip

BANNED
Banned
A woman can choose to commit murder if the victim subsists on and within her body? How is that even remotely justifiable?

Because nobody can even take DNA from your body (let alone more vital parts.) without your consent. You simply have rights against such invasion.

Alate_One

Can't you tell the difference between a complete person and a piece of a person?
A zygote isn't a complete person and the US public agrees. Personhood referendums have been defeated by wide margins repeatedly even in very conservative states in the US.

And as I said a "piece of a person" can also become a new person.

You can't figure out what it is so let's kill it!
No, it's "lets not ban every form of contraception that might *possibly* prevent one from implanting" because a few people think it's a person.

Nope. One already is a person.
You can assert whatever you want but policy isn't made based on "What Stripe thinks reality is."

But apparently you do if the person is small enough.
Are you ever going to get it through your head that it's not SIZE that's the issue? A zygote is one cell with a complete set of human chromosomes. So is any random cell from your skin, cheek, hair follicle etc.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
A zygote isn't a complete person
Sure, he is.

and the US public agrees.
Who? :idunno:

Personhood referendums have been defeated by wide margins repeatedly even in very conservative states in the US.
So have homo bills.

And as I said a "piece of a person" can also become a new person.
So?

No, it's "lets not ban every form of contraception that might *possibly* prevent one from implanting" because a few people think it's a person.
Pays to have that discussion first before simply asserting the truth of your position.

You can assert whatever you want but policy isn't made based on "What Stripe thinks reality is."
Neither is policy based upon what you assert is true. So how about a rational discussion instead of asserting the truth of your case. :up:

Are you ever going to get it through your head that it's not SIZE that's the issue?
Sure, it is.

Although it is hard to pin you evolutionists down on what constitutes personhood. I think personhood is conferred by God at conception. You lot have a vague and malleable set of definitions. Everything: size, heartbeat and brainwave detections, a nervous system, consciousness, skin colour or national heritage. A simple definition out of you would be nice. Wat do you think constitutes a person?

A zygote is one cell with a complete set of human chromosomes. So is any random cell from your skin, cheek, hair follicle etc.
Still can't tell the difference between a person and a piece of a person? Let me ask you a question: if a mother knew she had a zygote growing in her and then lost it and then that mother lost a small piece of skin, which would be more upsetting and why?

Alate_One

Sure, he is.
Again, your assertions are meaningless in this context.

Pays to have that discussion first before simply asserting the truth of your position.
We've had the discussion before. You simply keep asserting you're right in the face of overwhelming opposition. Policy in a democracy is set at least partly by public opinion. It's not on your side.

Although it is hard to pin you evolutionists down on what constitutes personhood. I think personhood is conferred by God at conception.
And you have no Biblical evidence for that either. The Bible is just as vague about personhood as I've ever been.

You lot have a vague and malleable set of definitions. Everything: size, heartbeat and brainwave detections, a nervous system, consciousness, skin colour or national heritage. A simple definition out of you would be nice. Wat do you think constitutes a person?
skin color and national origin are your inclusions to attempt to make this a racist argument, which has absolutely nothing to do with what I'm talking about and is dishonest and inflammatory on your part. But then, hardly surprising at this point.

The problem you have is that personhood, when we look at it from a developmental perspective *is* vague. We already treat it on a sliding scale. People don't gain their full rights as "persons" in the USA until 18-21. Definitions of pre-natal "personhood" isn't going to be something everyone is ever going to agree on. The position of zygote is clearly a very minor position, as well as defining it *purely* at birth (though there are many historical precedents for that). I think heartbeat and/or brainwaves are a good point to draw the line, but ultimately public policy will come from many opinions, not just mine.

Still can't tell the difference between a person and a piece of a person? Let me ask you a question: if a mother knew she had a zygote growing in her and then lost it and then that mother lost a small piece of skin, which would be more upsetting and why?
It's impossible to know you have a zygote growing inside of you. At best you can determine if you've shed an egg, IF you're using assisted reproductive technology (Which costs a pretty penny).

And even if you've produced an egg or more, you have no way of knowing if the egg is any good. You don't know if it met sperm and even if it met sperm and was fertilized if it has any chance of becoming a baby (A very high number of eggs/zygotes have chromosomal abnormalities which will stop development very early on). You're a lot more likely to know you've lost a small piece of skin and feel about the same about both events, unless you're having great difficulty trying to get pregnant and spending money to try and remedy that. In which case you're probably still not sad over any particular egg, more irritated the expensive treatment didn't work. :p

Now, here's the better question. If said piece of skin were being used to grow a new human being in assisted reproductive technology, would the mother be equally upset if the resulting embryo didn't survive as losing one that came from an egg?

Or the other question, which you never really answered last time it was posed.

If a building in a fertility clinic is on fire and there's a freezer full of thousands of embryos (100 cell blastocysts) and a single 6 month old infant in the room (assume you know where there are freezers and you can carry several hundred embryos in each arm), which one(s) do you save?

quip

BANNED
Banned
Although it is hard to pin you evolutionists down on what constitutes personhood. I think personhood is conferred by God at conception. You lot have a vague and malleable set of definitions. Everything: size, heartbeat and brainwave detections, a nervous system, consciousness, skin colour or national heritage. A simple definition out of you would be nice. Wat do you think constitutes a person?

His or her environs. It's our co-relationship (the give and receive) here at TOL that instinctively recognizes both of us as persons communicating through this forum. (Though that's not infallible..you could be a conservative and rather dim answer-bot. ;) Could Stripe pass a Turing Test? :chuckle:)

Now, what's the relationship a womb bound zygote holds to the rest of the world..including mommy and especially given the fact that it's endowed with ZERO sentient capacities or other personage quality in able to hold the aforementioned co-relationship?

Think reeeealll hard on this one Stripe....We'll wait. :Nineveh:

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Again, your assertions are meaningless in this context.
Neither are yours. But at least my assertions, if wrong, do not condone murder. They also have the advantage of being wholly supported by science. You just make up things that define personhood as you see fit.

We've had the discussion before. You simply keep asserting you're right in the face of overwhelming opposition. Policy in a democracy is set at least partly by public opinion. It's not on your side.
Who cares whose side policy is on? The policy on homo marriage is on my side, but you'll keep arguing that as well.

And you have no Biblical evidence for that either. The Bible is just as vague about personhood as I've ever been.
Multiply the arguments. That way you'll not have to deal with the ones in front of you. :up:

skin color and national origin are your inclusions to attempt to make this a racist argument
Evolutionists once used those things to determine personhood.

You use brainwaves and consciousness.

They're not arguments. They're facts.

People don't gain their full rights as "persons" in the USA until 18-21.
Who cares what the USA defines as a right? The "right" to drink or join the army are utterly vacuous. We are discussing the right to life which applies to humans from the moment of conception because it is conferred by God.

Definitions of pre-natal "personhood" isn't going to be something everyone is ever going to agree on
Is this an argument? We disagree therefore you win?

The position of zygote is clearly a very minor position, as well as defining it *purely* at birth (though there are many historical precedents for that). I think heartbeat and/or brainwaves are a good point to draw the line, but ultimately public policy will come from many opinions, not just mine.
Who cares about public policy. You don't toe the line when public opinion and state law determine that homos cannot marry.

It's impossible to know you have a zygote growing inside of you. At best you can determine if you've shed an egg, IF you're using assisted reproductive technology (Which costs a pretty penny).
And we know you'll seize upon any rabbit trail instead of responding honestly.

I knew this. Which is why I included the conditional.

In which case you're probably still not sad over any particular egg, more irritated the expensive treatment didn't work.
Sounds like the words of a heartless person. Aren't you a mother yourself?

Now, here's the better question. If said piece of skin were being used to grow a new human being in assisted reproductive technology, would the mother be equally upset if the resulting embryo didn't survive as losing one that came from an egg?
If there is a person lost, the source of that person is irrelevant. The tragedy remains.

But of course, you're heartless and will not comprehend that concept.

For similar reasons it's not a HE, it's not a person either.
Actually, at conception, a person's gender is determined.

Now, what's the relationship a womb bound zygote holds to the rest of the world..including mommy and especially given the fact that it's endowed with ZERO sentient capacities or other personage quality in able to hold the aforementioned co-relationship?
Is there an argument or some sort of reasoning in there anywhere? :AMR:

quip

BANNED
Banned
Actually, at conception, a person's gender is determined.

At conception everything regarding it's potential is determined...yet, it's far from apparent. You have no way to ostensibly tell male from female at this state no more than you can call it a person.

Is there an argument or some sort of reasoning in there anywhere?

Nice dodge. Think on it some more.