There is no Hell

CherubRam

And what is the Lake of Fire?
Lake is parabolic for a body of people. Fire is parabolic for judgement.

Revelation 17:15 Then the angel said to me, “The waters you saw, where the prostitute sits, are peoples, multitudes, nations and languages.

Here is one of many parables where the word "fire" is used to mean "judgement." (Test or Judge)

Zechariah 13:9
This third I will put into the fire; I will refine them like silver and test them like gold. They will call on my name and I will answer them; I will say, ‘They are my people,’ and they will say, ‘The Lord is our God.’”

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Revelation 17:15 Then the angel said to me, “The waters you saw, where the prostitute sits, are peoples, multitudes, nations and languages.

Here is one of many parables where the word "fire" is used to mean "judgement." (Test or Judge)

This third I will put into the fire; I will refine them like silver and test them like gold. They will call on my name and I will answer them; I will say, ‘They are my people,’ and they will say, ‘The Lord is our God.’”

What does it mean;

Revelation 19:20 King James Version (KJV)

20 And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.

Revelation 20:10 King James Version (KJV)

10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

Revelation 20:14 King James Version (KJV)

14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

Revelation 20:15 King James Version (KJV)

15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber

What is torment parabolic for?

Right Divider

Body part

768px-Parabolic_coords.svg.png

CherubRam

What does it mean;

Revelation 19:20 King James Version (KJV)

20 And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.

10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

Revelation 20:14 King James Version (KJV)

14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

Revelation 20:15 King James Version (KJV)

15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

If the word "beast" is the correct translation, then it is parabolic for nation or kingdom. There is more than one place where the KJV uses the word "beast" when it should have been translated as (being or creature.)

The false prophet is an entity (church) that is known for its miracles. Death and (Hell / grave) being cast into the (fire / judgement) means, that after the great judgement they are done away with.

Satan or Devil is parabolic for those in opposition to God and His word. Devil or Satan is applied to more than a single person in scriptures.

Torment is not the correct translation. The eternal punishment means just that. Those people are cut off from life for all eternity.

The terms (day and night) are used to mean "continually."

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
If the word "beast" is the correct translation, then it is parabolic for nation or kingdom. There is more than one place where the KJV uses the word "beast" when it should have been translated as (being or creature.)

The false prophet is an entity (church) that is known for its miracles. Death and (Hell / grave) being cast into the (fire / judgement) means, that after the great judgement they are done away with.

Satan or Devil is parabolic for those in opposition to God and His word. Devil or Satan is applied to more than a single person in scriptures.

Torment is not the correct translation. The eternal punishment means just that. Those people are cut off from life for all eternity.

The terms (day and night) are used to mean "continually."

So you believe in annihilation?

CherubRam

QUOTE=Right Divider;4511048QUOTE

Very confused: Squeaky, God's Truth, beloved57, Jason0047, Redeemed-777, Rightglory, DansingWall, Nang, chrysostom, glew, wordsponge, Princely, jerzy, elohiym, PneumaPsucheSoma, kayaker, IMJerusha, drws, turbosixx, Cross Reference, republicanchick, Arsenios, Hawkins, Puppet, rougueone, Dan Emanual, StanJ, Interplanner, Sancocho, Shasta, Cruciform, Robert Pate, Nazaroo, Livelystone, ZacharyB, fzappa13, iamaberean, disturbo, Timotheos, daqq, brewmama, False Prophet
Totally bonkers: Gurucam, CherubRam, LoverOfTruth1
Complete perverter of scripture: tetelestai
Christ deniers: Lazy afternoon, meshak, oatmeal, Caino, JosephR, freelight, csuguy, 1Mind1Spirit, genuineoriginal, Jamie, Aner, KingdomRose
Christ haters: aikido7, Zeke, Ben Masada

I see you have most everyone but yourself listed.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
That is what the bible teaches. Here is one of a number of verses that say so.

Job 27:8
For what hope have the godless when they are cut off, when God takes away their life?

Why do you disregard;

CherubRam

Why do you disregard;

Devil or Satan is parabolic for (adversary -ies or opposition -s.) That particular beast is the nation Italy. A large stone from space will strike the foot of Italy, and Italy will sink below the sea. At that same time the cities of the nations will collapse. The false prophet is a Catholic priest.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Devil or Satan is parabolic for (adversary -ies or opposition -s.) That particular beast is the nation Italy. A large stone from space will strike the foot of Italy, and Italy will sink below the sea. At that same time the cities of the nations will collapse. The false prophet is a Catholic priest.

the false prophet is the antichrist
the rider of the red horse from the red sea
mohamed the father of islam the second beast

KingdomRose

My body will die and go to the grave.
Me, I, and myself, will go to be in God's presence.

Those who, while alive, reject Jesus Christ and what He did at the Cross of Calvary as God's only way of salvation will not be in God's presence.

God does not torture anybody.
Hell was created for the devil and his minions.

Men/women will go to hell all on their own volition, for God has provided the way of Salvation - believe Jesus Christ and what He did at the Cross of Calvary.

God's way of Salvation rejected, hell is the destination.
God's way of Salvation accepted, God's presence is the destination.

The ones who choose to reject God's only way of salvation, choosing to be where they want to be, which is separated from God, which is hell, will torture themselves, then knowing that what they thought was not is and what they thought was is not.

Hell does not have to have fire to be hell.

I am new here and don't know exactly how things work on this forum. Are we going to discuss or are some of us going to just repeat by rote what they believe without having considered the posts that were just submitted? Just asking.

Anyway, the entire person is called a "soul." Adam became a living soul. He wasn't given one. The soul is the whole person. When a person dies, he is a dead soul. While he's dead, he does not know anything. He is not conscious anywhere in any form.(Ecclesiastes 9:5) If a person was, there wouldn't be any need for the Resurrection. (John 5:28)

Did you know that "Hell" is translated from three very different Greek words? The King James committee really dropped the ball on that one. Gehenna = "Hell"....."Hades" = "Hell".....and "Tartarus" = "Hell." To the King James translators, anyway.

Those words mean three different things. "Gehenna" is a metaphor that Jesus used to illustrate the complete obliteration of the wicked. Not that there is hell-fire.

"Hades" means the grave.

"Tartarus" is a word used to indicate the demons' fallen spiritual state.

Everywhere that "Hades" appears in the original Greek text, it means mankind's grave. But what we have is a big messed-up bunch of confusion as to what "Hell" really is! One thing for sure....it is not a place where people are tortured forever in burning flames. That is pure Dante.:devil:

So, what you said is true. Actually "hell" is NOT hot. I think the grave is a pretty cold place. But anyway, God does not like to see people suffer, and if the wicked are firm in their wickedness, He will not roast them or put them in a box where they can't move or any sort of ridiculous tortures. He will merely make them go to sleep forever.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I am new here and don't know exactly how things work on this forum. Are we going to discuss or are some of us going to just repeat by rote what they believe without having considered the posts that were just submitted? Just asking.

Anyway, the entire person is called a "soul." Adam became a living soul. He wasn't given one. The soul is the whole person. When a person dies, he is a dead soul. While he's dead, he does not know anything. He is not conscious anywhere in any form.(Ecclesiastes 9:5) If a person was, there wouldn't be any need for the Resurrection. (John 5:28)

Did you know that "Hell" is translated from three very different Greek words? The King James committee really dropped the ball on that one. Gehenna = "Hell"....."Hades" = "Hell".....and "Tartarus" = "Hell." To the King James translators, anyway.

Those words mean three different things. "Gehenna" is a metaphor that Jesus used to illustrate the complete obliteration of the wicked. Not that there is hell-fire.

"Hades" means the grave.

"Tartarus" is a word used to indicate the demons' fallen spiritual state.

Everywhere that "Hades" appears in the original Greek text, it means mankind's grave. But what we have is a big messed-up bunch of confusion as to what "Hell" really is! One thing for sure....it is not a place where people are tortured forever in burning flames. That is pure Dante.:devil:

So, what you said is true. Actually "hell" is NOT hot. I think the grave is a pretty cold place. But anyway, God does not like to see people suffer, and if the wicked are firm in their wickedness, He will not roast them or put them in a box where they can't move or any sort of ridiculous tortures. He will merely make them go to sleep forever.

Soul Sleep :chuckle:

KingdomRose

not so timmy, my retarded little friend

this post was a direct and irrefutable rebuttal to your retarded nonsense, with no insults present to trouble your retarded little mind:

I don't know who is saying what, but I've had this go-round on other sites, about what "tormented" means. Revelation is a great example of mostly SYMBOLS. There are some things that are literal, but it is comprised mostly of symbols. For someone to be thrown into the lake of fire, the fact of the matter that is presented in SYMBOLIC LANGUAGE is that that someone is completely destroyed/annihilated/obliterated/totally GONE. "Tormented" has the meaning of BEING RESTRAINED. Look up the root word. A "tormentor" is a jailor in other parts of the Bible. He RESTRAINS people. He keeps them from being able to do what they usually do. Isn't the Devil RESTRAINED when he is dead?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I don't know who is saying what, but I've had this go-round on other sites, about what "tormented" means. Revelation is a great example of mostly SYMBOLS. There are some things that are literal, but it is comprised mostly of symbols. For someone to be thrown into the lake of fire, the fact of the matter that is presented in SYMBOLIC LANGUAGE is that that someone is completely destroyed/annihilated/obliterated/totally GONE. "Tormented" has the meaning of BEING RESTRAINED. Look up the root word. A "tormentor" is a jailor in other parts of the Bible. He RESTRAINS people. He keeps them from being able to do what they usually do. Isn't the Devil RESTRAINED when he is dead?

Does the devil ever die ?

KingdomRose

Yeah, I guess it is not true. it only appears 35 times in scripture. 19 times in the old testament and 16 times in the new.

Satan's saying, "Yayyah!! They believe me!":devil: He lied about people really dying (he said, "You surely will NOT die!") and he's got people so confused about "hell" that no one knows what it really is!

"Hell" is translated from more than three Greek words (and one Hebrew word), but I'll talk about TWO Greek words. Those words are Gehenna and Hades.

Now I hope all the rest of what I type isn't in bold black. Anyway, if you look up those two words in a Concordance or Interlinear Bible, this is what you see.

Gehenna appears 7 times in Matthew alone, and once in James. If you count Mark and Luke, it appears therein 4 times. (I usually don't add in ALL the gospels because they usually present the same conversations.)

Hades appears 10 times in the New Testament.

They mean two different things. Gehenna is SYMBOLIC for complete destruction, and Hades means THE GRAVE. So far we have no burning hell.

Then there is "Tartarus" that is translated as "Hell" in 2 Peter 2:4. That doesn't even mean hell-fire. Tartarus is a symbolic state of spiritual darkness that the demons are in since they disobeyed in the days of Noah. (Jude 6)

Again, no burning Hell.

How about "Sheol" in the Old Testament? That is a term analogous to "Hades" in the New. Both mean "the grave."

Where did we get the idea of a burning "hell"? DANTE'S DIVINE COMEDY. :devil:

KingdomRose

The (sheep and goats) are both called back into being for the day of judgement.

I differ with you there. When Jesus judges the sheep and the goats, the goats (the wicked) go off into everlasting destruction. This is right THEN, at Armageddon. They are not resurrected later. After that, Christ's Millennial Reign will oversee billions of "righteous and unrighteous" being resurrected back to life on Earth. (Acts 24:15) The "unrighteous" are NOT the wicked that willfully practiced evil in the old system of things. The "unrighteous" would be those folks who did not know the truth about God during their lives in this old system. They will be given the opportunity to learn.

THEN, after the Millennial Reign, everybody will know God and everybody will have the chance to make an informed choice about whether or not they will honor God's rulership. The ones who will not will be "cast into the lake of fire." That means totally annihilated.

(The Millennial Reign of Christ is actually "Judgment Day.")

:sheep: