The word Christian needs to be defined objectively

many people call themselves Christian, but they are NOT. Well, they certainly are not by MY definition.

Here is my definition. Maybe you have your own

A Christian is someone who loves Jesus. Well, all claim to love Jesus. But what does the word Love mean? Does it mean just a feeling? Apparently not. Jesus said, "Not all who say Lord, Lord will enter the Kingdom of Heaven, but only those who do the will of the Father"

So let's define Will of the Father

Well, The Father, through Moses, gave us the 10 Commandments. And Jesus, when asked what a person must do to be saved, said to obey the 10 Commandments. OK, so we have the Old and the New Testaments agreeing here. That happens quite a lot

by the way: so much for Once saved always saved.

hmmmm... Well, i think that about does it for my definition of Christian. It's pretty simple

:)

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
many people call themselves Christian, but they are NOT. Well, they certainly are not by MY definition.

A Christian is someone who loves Jesus. Well, all claim to love Jesus. But what does the word Love mean? Does it mean just a feeling? Apparently not. Jesus said, "Not all who say Lord, Lord will enter the Kingdom of Heaven, but only those who do the will of the Father"

Well, The Father, through Moses, gave us the 10 Commandments. And Jesus, when asked what a person must do to be saved, said to obey the 10 Commandments. OK, so we have the Old and the New Testaments agreeing here. That happens quite a lot

hmmmm... Well, i think that about does it for my definition of Christian. It's pretty simple

I'm confused

Epoisses

You are very confused. Love and the Decalogue are polar opposites. Love teaches us to look away from ourselves to the perfect righteousness of Christ and the law teaches us to trust in ourselves and our performance at keeping rules. One is self-abasing and the other is self-exalting. Those who are under grace are not bound to the demands of the law of Moses.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Paul gave a simple explanation of a Christian. He said, "Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His." (Romans 8:9)

God's Truth

A Christian is someone who loves Jesus. Well, all claim to love Jesus. But what does the word Love mean? Does it mean just a feeling?

Love is a feeling, an emotion.

Apparently not. Jesus said, "Not all who say Lord, Lord will enter the Kingdom of Heaven, but only those who do the will of the Father"

That scripture is proof that love, the emotion/feeling is with those who obey God.

The will of the Father is for us to obey Jesus that is how we love and know God.

Do you want scripture references?

As for the 10 Commandments; the command to observe the Sabbath is about Jesus. Jesus is the Sabbath Rest. We no longer have to observe special days. We have to observe Jesus all day every day.

God's Truth

You are very confused. Love and the Decalogue are polar opposites. Love teaches us to look away from ourselves to the perfect righteousness of Christ and the law teaches us to trust in ourselves and our performance at keeping rules. One is self-abasing and the other is self-exalting. Those who are under grace are not bound to the demands of the law of Moses.

Love is having all those rules written on our hearts and minds.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Paul did not preach for anyone to obey the old law special days.

Therefore purge out the old leaven that you may be a new lump since you truly are unleavened. For indeed Christ, our Passover, was sacrificed for us. Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, nor with the leaven of malice and wickedness, but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth. (1 Corinthians 5:7-8)​

Epoisses

Love is having all those rules written on our hearts and minds.

No, love is about having love written in the heart!! Love is much more than an emotion. Love is spoken of as the greatest commandment, the law of the Spirit and the royal law. Love is the 'law' that Christians are required to 'obey'.

Epoisses

Therefore purge out the old leaven that you may be a new lump since you truly are unleavened. For indeed Christ, our Passover, was sacrificed for us. Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, nor with the leaven of malice and wickedness, but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth. (1 Corinthians 5:7-8)​

Christians are not required to keep feasts or special days (Sabbaths). Paul kept many of those things trying to win his countrymen to the gospel. One of those examples where Christians are to do as he says and not as he does.

God's Truth

No, love is about having love written in the heart!!

You cannot separate love from God's Word. They are the same.

Love is much more than an emotion. Love is spoken of as the greatest commandment, the law of the Spirit and the royal law. Love is the 'law' that Christians are required to 'obey'.

YOU JUST GOT THROUGH NO TO MY SAYING LOVE IS THE LAW WRITTEN ON OUR HEARTS.

God's Truth

And the new law is Love. It was only the sole focus of every single NT author including Jesus and James. Pretty hard to miss unless you're a Judaizer or a legalist.

You have no idea what love is. Tell me, is not harming your neighbor by not murdering them love?

How about not bearing false witness against your neighbor?

Start there, tell me what you think.