ECT The whole Tribulation period is the wrath of God

Status
Not open for further replies.

musterion

Revelation ch. 6 teaches that the first part of the Tribulation is as much the wrath of God as the second half. It says,

"Who will protect us from the wrath of the Lamb who sits on the throne?"

The entire seven-year period is the wrath of God. All attempts to split the Trib, such as the popular wrath of Satan/wrath of God idea, are flat denials of what the Text plainly says.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Correctamundo. The vessel he uses for a time is the enemy. Authority will be given to overcome the saints. Not coincidentally, that didn't happen at Masada.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Correctamundo. The vessel he uses for a time is the enemy. Authority will be given to overcome the saints. Not coincidentally, that didn't happen at Masada.

The great tribulation came to an end in 70AD.

What took place at Masada was three years later in 73AD, and had nothing to do with the great tribulation.

Cross Reference

"And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held: And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth? And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled". Revelation 6:9-11 (KJV)

'nough said.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
"And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held: And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth? And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled". Revelation 6:9-11 (KJV)

'nough said.

Who was Revelation written to?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Who was Revelation written to?
seven%20churches_zpsytdeu00h.jpg

SaulToPaul 2

Revelation ch. 6 teaches that the first part of the Tribulation is as much the wrath of God as the second half. It says,

The entire seven-year period is the wrath of God. All attempts to split the Trib, such as the popular wrath of Satan/wrath of God idea, are flat denials of what the Text plainly says.

I agree, however, I believe that after the abomination at the midpoint it becomes Great Tribulation.

Yes, scripture is clear. There's the seven year covenant of Daniel, with even the granularity of the mid-week breaking of the covenant other scripture spells out as final 3 1/2 years, 42 months or great tribulation as the Lord Jesus characterized it, the seven years of antichrist clear, Daniel 9:27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

The whole period of time much involves the Lord resuming His program with Israel, putting down Israel's enemies and bringing the promised kingdom of heaven rule to Israel, the millennium, Jeremiah 30:7 Alas! for that day is great, so that none is like it: it is even the time of Jacob's trouble; but he shall be saved out of it.

Scripture is awash with the events leading up to and into the millennium, primarily in the Old Testament prophets, much to yet happen. The tribulation and redemption of Israel is a very major Old Testament theme, among the major and minor prophets.

Obviously, the antichrist is revealed when a seven year covenant is in place involving Israel and many nations, and Israel having resumed temple activities. The day of the Lord is attached to the revealing of the antichrist, 2 Thessalonians 2:3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition.

The seals are opened by the Lord Jesus, commencing the activities of the rider on the white horse, yes, the entire course of the antichrist brought about with the seal judgments of God, loosing the antichrist and Satan upon the world integral to God's judgments, His wrath, upon the unbelieving world. Revelation 6:1 And I saw when the Lamb opened one of the seals, and I heard, as it were the noise of thunder, one of the four beasts saying, Come and see. 2 And I saw, and behold a white horse: and he that sat on him had a bow; and a crown was given unto him: and he went forth conquering, and to conquer. And et cetera, the tribulation from chapter 6 forward.

Also, notice how those seals are opened in the presence of raptured, redeemed saints of the earth the 24 elders represent, they explicitly stating, prior to the opening of the seals, Revelation 5:9 And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation; And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.

The Bible, when some years are spent learning the entire context of scripture, is really quite simple and clear. It's always been ironic to me, the number of people whose ignorance extends into a lack of understanding of things clear, which points out the strength of spiritual blindness, how it supercedes intellect, how the Holy Spirit is required to understand truth, 1 Corinthians 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

It is also ironic how much time some waste, disputing and chasing error on the likes of message boards, instead of spending time to learn sound doctrine: they are dooming themselves to remain in ignorance, every day of carrying on this way. On the strength of scripture truth, I fear a lot of people on message boards, like the world, need to get saved, first, before they can even understand and intelligently talk about scripture, John 16:3 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

But how they do talk, anyway, isn't that so?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Only someone who never read it would ask.

It was rhetorical.

You Darby followers aren't very bright. I guess the next time I ask a rhetorical question, I'll have to put (rhetorical) in parenthesis, so you Darby followers can follow what's going on, and not be so confused.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Preterists: the reverse date setters.

Jesus....the original date setter:

(Matt 24:34) Truly I tell you, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened.

(Matt 16:28) Truly I tell you, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom.”

(Matt 10:23)...Truly I tell you, you will not finish going through the towns of Israel before the Son of Man comes.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Nobody took authority over them you buffoon.

" And it was in the time of Gessius Florus, who was procurator, that the nation began to grow mad with this distemper, after he occasioned the Jews to go wild with it by the abuse of his authority and to make them revolt from the Romans." - Josephus, 18.1.6 23

Interplanner

Preterists: the reverse date setters.

There is every reason why Christ would tell his followers then the details about 1st century Judea that he mentioned. There is no reason why he would say those things TO THEM IN THAT URGENT, DIRECT TONE and mean them to be about us!

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
There is every reason why Christ would tell his followers then the details about 1st century Judea that he mentioned. There is no reason why he would say those things TO THEM IN THAT URGENT, DIRECT TONE and mean them to be about us!

It's really simple.

mysteryboy, and all the other Darby followers have to defend Darby's false teachings in order for their Dispensationalism to work out.

That's all they're interested in. So, no matter how hard you try to reason with them, or prove them wrong with scripture, they don't care. It's more important for them to defend Darby.

Status
Not open for further replies.