The Wedding of Jesus

Ben Masada

The Wedding of Jesus

No, please, hold unto the stones, and no throwing until you hear what I have to say. Besides, that's not my final word. I am still researching the matter. That's a partial submission for some second thoughts on the matter. Jesus was a Rabbi and here are the proofs: Matthew 23:7, John 1:38; and John 3:2. In many other instances, he was addressed as Master, which means the same. The point is that a Rabbi in Israel just like senior Pastors among Protestants had to be a married man or about to get married. Otherwise, he would not be ordained as such.

According to Judaism, after the proper preparation whatever it was at that time, the Jewish "Theological" student would undergo the ceremonial "Mikveh" or immersion in waters and, if not married yet, to take care of that before ordination.

So, after Jesus' immersion in the Jordan River, officiated by John the Baptist, Jesus was seen in the next two days recruiting his disciples and leaving for Galilee. (John 1:29,35,43) And on the third day after his "Mikveh," The family and friends were celebrating his wedding in Cana with Mary Magdalene. Wait! Put down the stones! I'll explain.

According to a certain custom, usually the mother of the bride would be in charge of the celebrations, but probably, Mary's parents had passed away, because she used to live with her sister Martha and brother Lazarus. I mean, they lived with Mary, who was the one well-to-do. Martha would pay her room-and-board as a sort of maiden servant and Lazarus... well, I think he was a loafer-boy taking advantage of his rich sister. He was probably a sick man anyway, considering that he died twice.

Okay, but back to the wedding, Jesus' mother Mary had to do the host job; and she did it quite well by giving orders around to the servants. And according to another custom, the bridegroom was in charge to provide the wine, which mind you, Jesus made it sure to be of the best quality. (John 2:10) I can assert for this custom because I was married in Israel and was reminded of the custom, which I had happily to comply. The tale of the miracle was interpolated much later to deviate the probing attention of those who have a mind of their own from finding out what was really going on in Cana.

After Jesus' wedding, you can check for your-selves, all Jesus' comes-and-go were from and to Bethany, the home of Mary Magdalene. It must have been a very spacious and beautiful home, since Mary had the means to maintain it. Mind you that Mary would also take the tab for the expenses of Jesus' group of Twelve Apostles, along with some other women of course, who would tip it in from time to time.

Whenever Jesus would return from his missionary trips throughout Israel, the address was Bethany. To his wife obviously, although most the time, Mary Magdalene would follow Jesus as his beloved disciple, but never at the level of the Twelve. The Church later interpolated John as the beloved disciple for the same reason to get the mind of the readers away from the thought that Jesus was married to Mary Magdalene. But it's not helping because the evidences are just too shouting.

Do we have any hint to pick up as evidence for any romantic approach prior or after their wedding? Yes, we do. After Jesus exorcized "seven demons" from Mary, she must have fallen in love with him. (Luke 8:1-3) And the expression "seven demons" means the struggle that Jesus had to rescue Mary from her not so reputable business in Magdala, which granted her a title she could never get rid of.

Then, in Bethany - where else? - when Mary was smearing Jesus' body with that expensive perfume, we all know, although we forbid ourselves to think about it, Mary did not just throw that perfume at him from afar. No way! She did smear him all over even in terms of massage; so much so that some of the guests thought it ridiculous and criticized the act done so publicly. (Mat. 26:10-13)

Then, while everyone else would address Jesus as Rabbi, Mary would call him "Rabboni," a colloquial term used as an expression of love, especially by a Rabbi's wife. It also means Master of my sufferings, as Rachel named her son Benoni before she died from child birth. (Gen. 35:18)

Later, when Mary went to the tomb area after Jesus' crucifixion, and saw the empty tomb, she never suffered more in her life. She wanted to take Jesus' body away with her. (John 20:15) Then, she was crying without consolation. At her travail, she saw a man standing by, whom she thought to be the Gardener.

"Why are you crying?" the man asked. Jesus knew why but he wanted to enjoy the answer from his beloved's lips. Alas! She did not identify him! It was too dark. But then Jesus tried her name just the way he used to call her. "Mary!" It's hard to say it in writing, but Mary melted down and said, "Rabboni!" He was indeed the master of her sufferings. This is an expression with such a profound meaning in Hebrew or Aramaic that Mary jumped to hug him but Jesus, probably all in bandages, forbade her to cause him any more unnecessary pains. He would meet her later at more propitious circumstances. (John 20:17)

Then, after some apparitions to the disciples, Jesus said goodbye and left his company. From then on, the names of these three peoples were never mentioned again: Jesus, Mary and Joseph of Arimathea. Jesus yes, but only in connection with his teachings by the Nazarenes, a Jewish sect organized by the Apostles. Joseph had to go along because, if he had stayed, he could be crucified for having cheated on Pilate regarding Jesus who was not dead when he took him off the cross.

Today, there are three speculations about their whereabouts. The first is that they settled down incognito in Talpiot, a small town not too far from Jerusalem, where some people have claimed to have found out the graves of Yeshua, Miriam and Yoseph. I went there personally but just to be told that the area could not be explored by orders of the local Meier for being under an Apartment building.

The second speculation is that they left Israel and went to live in Cashmere, India, where a Russian Archaeologist is claimed to have found the graves of Yeshua, Miriam and Yosef with the shield of David.

And the third speculation is the one of the Da-Vinci Code that the three went to Europe and settled down in the Southern part of France in a small village. And that Mary gave birth to a daughter, who eventually got married within the Merovingian nobility.

Whatever happened after Jesus said goodbye to his disciples, I don't endorse anything that has been speculated. My point is only to verify the truth about Jesus' marriage to Mary Magdalene. If that's true without the shadow of a doubt, we have only to be joyful that Jesus fulfilled also the commandment to get married and father children. Besides, a married man only adds to his honor for being so. Why deny Jesus the pleasure of being a man by experiencing the love
of a woman?

Okay, now you can throw the stones. Nu! Halo! Where is everybody? Halooo! Well, I think they all left. They must have realized that they all have feelings too.

Last edited:

Feral Phoenician

Very well written, with plenty of historical knowledge.

Why shouldn't he have been married? Let's say for the sake of argument that Christians are correct, and Jesus was God made Man. He was still Man; flesh and blood. I don't see how this would diminish the work and mission of Jesus. I don't think it "cheapens the Gospel" in any way.

If what I said above *does* somehow effect Jesus and the Gospel, please explain it to me. No, that's not some jackdaw taunt, I'm being quite serious.

Now, the last few paragraphs are going to get you in trouble haha. Jesus dying and being resurrected are tantamount to Christianity.

Anyway, good post from you.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I don't see anywhere in scripture where God demands that a teacher had to be married.

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
The Wedding of Jesus

No, please, hold unto the stones, and no throwing until you hear what I have to say. Besides, that's not my final word. I am still researching the matter. That's a partial submission for some second thoughts on the matter. Jesus was a Rabbi and here are the proofs: Matthew 23:7, John 1:38; and John 3:2. In many other instances, he was addressed as Master, which means the same. The point is that a Rabbi in Israel just like senior Pastors among Protestants had to be a married man or about to get married. Otherwise, he would not be ordained as such.

According to Judaism, after the proper preparation whatever it was at that time, the Jewish "Theological" student would undergo the ceremonial "Mikveh" or immersion in waters and, if not married yet, to take care of that before ordination.

So, after Jesus' immersion in the Jordan River, officiated by John the Baptist, Jesus was seen in the next two days recruiting his disciples and leaving for Galilee. (John 1:29,35,43) And on the third day after his "Mikveh," The family and friends were celebrating his wedding in Cana with Mary Magdalene. Wait! Put down the stones! I'll explain.

According to a certain custom, usually the mother of the bride would be in charge of the celebrations, but probably, Mary's parents had passed away, because she used to live with her sister Martha and brother Lazarus. I mean, they lived with Mary, who was the one well-to-do. Martha would pay her room-and-board as a sort of maiden servant and Lazarus... well, I think he was a loafer-boy taking advantage of his rich sister. He was probably a sick man anyway, considering that he died twice.

Okay, but back to the wedding, Jesus' mother Mary had to do the host job; and she did it quite well by giving orders around to the servants. And according to another custom, the bridegroom was in charge to provide the wine, which mind you, Jesus made it sure to be of the best quality.
(John 2:10) I can assert for this custom because I was married in Israel and reminded of the custom, which I had happily to comply. The tale of the miracle was interpolated much later to deviate the probing attention of those who have a mind of their own from finding out what was really going on in Cana.

After Jesus' wedding, you can check for yourselves, all Jesus' come-and-goes were from and to Bethany, the home of Mary Magdalene. It must have been a very spacious and beautiful home, since Mary had the means to maintain it. Mind you that Mary would also take the tab for the expenses of Jesus' group of Twelve Apostles, along with some other women of course, who would tip it in from time to time.

Whenever Jesus would return from his missionary campains throughout Israel, the address was Bethany. To his wife obviously, although most the time, Mary Magdalene would follow Jesus as his beloved disciple, but never at the level of the Twelve. The Church later interpolated John as the beloved disciple for the same reason to get the mind of the readers away from the thought that Jesus was married to Mary Magdalene. But it's not helping because the evidences are just too shouting.

Do we have any hint to pick up as evidence for any romantic approach prior or after their wedding? Yes, we do. After Jesus exorcized "seven demons" from Mary, she must have fallen in love with him. (Luke 8:1-3) And the expression "seven demons" means the struggle that Jesus had to go through to rescue Mary from her not so reputable business in Magdala, which granted her a title she could never get rid of.

Then, in Bethany - where else? - when Mary was smearing Jesus' body with that expensive perfume, we all know, although we forbid ourselves to think about it, that Mary did not just throw that perfume at him from afar. No way! She did smear him all over even in terms of massage; so much so that some of the guests thought it ridiculous and criticized the act done so publicly. (Mat. 26:10-13)

Then, while everyone else would address Jesus as Rabbi, Mary would call him "Rabboni," a colloquial term used as an expression of love, especially by a Rabbi's wife. It also means Master of my sufferings, as Rachel named her son Benoni before she died from child birth. (Gen. 35:18)

Later, when Mary went to the tomb area after Jesus' crucifixion, and saw the empty tomb, she never suffered more in her life. She wanted to take Jesus' body away with her. (John 20:15) Then, she was crying without consolation. At her travail, she saw a man standing by, whom she thought to be the Gardener.

"Why are you crying?" the man asked. Jesus knew why but he wanted to enjoy the answer from his beloved's lips. Alas! She did not identify him! It was too dark. But then Jesus tried her name just the way he used to call her. "Mary..." It's hard to say it in writing, but Mary melted down and said, "Rabboni!" He was indeed the master of her sufferings. This is an expression with such a profound meaning in Hebrew or Aramaic that Mary jumped to hug him but Jesus, probably all in bandages, forbade her to cause him any more unnecessary pains. He would meet her later at more propitious circumstances. (John 20:17)

Then, after some apparitions to the disciples, Jesus said goodbye and left his company. From then on, the names of these three peoples were never mentioned again: Jesus, Mary and Joseph of Arimathea. Jesus yes, but only in connection with his teachings by the Nazarenes, a Jewish sect organized by the Apostles. Joseph had to go along because, if he had stayed, he could be crucified for having cheated on Pilate regarding Jesus who was not dead when he took him off the cross.

Today, there are three speculations about their whereabouts. The first is that they settled down incognito in Talpiot, a small town not too far from Jerusalem, where some people have claimed to have found out the graves of Yeshua, Miriam and Yoseph. I went there personally but just to be told that the area could not be explored by orders of the local Meier for being under an Apartment building.

The second speculation is that they left Israel and went to live in Cashmere, India, where a Russian Archaeologist is claimed to have found the graves of Yeshua, Miriam and Yosef with the shield of David.

And the third speculation is the one of the Da-Vinci Code that the three went to Europe and settled down in the Southern part of France in a small village. And that Mary gave birth to a daughter, who eventually got married within the Merovingian nobility.

Whatever happened after Jesus said goodbye to his disciples, I don't endorse anything that has been speculated. My point is only to verify the truth about Jesus' marriage to Mary Magdalene. If that's true without the shadow of a doubt, we have only to be joyful that Jesus fulfilled also the commandment to get married and father children. Besides, a married man only adds to his honor for being so. Why deny Jesus the pleasure of being a man by experiencing the love
of a woman?

Okay, now you can throw the stones. Nu! Halo! Where is everybody? Halooo! Well, I think they all left. They must have realized tht they all have feelings too.

Alright Ben........

First of all,

Well written!!!!

Excellent points.

I agree with you...

Mischievous look in my eyes.

He Was Married....

To all of humanity.

[emoji854]

Signature: "If I've offended you, that's me getting in the way of Jesus. If you search the Scriptures open to only the guidance of God's Spirit to Theologically level me..... I've succeeded."

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Why shouldn't he have been married?

Let's say for the sake of discussion that Israel was the Father's firstborn son (Exodus 4:22-23).

So who was Israel's husband? (Jeremiah 31:32)

Was Israel's Father Israel's husband? Not legal. Not acceptable. Immoral. Yuck.

:doh:

Feral Phoenician

Let's say for the sake of discussion that Israel was the Father's firstborn son (Exodus 4:22-23).

So who was Israel's husband? (Jeremiah 31:32)

Was Israel's Father Israel's husband? Not legal. Not acceptable. Immoral. Yuck.

:doh:
Funny note, I thought you wrote "Jeremiah 31-32", so I read both chapters lol.

Alright, you have a fair answer. This would answer why on a Spiritual level Jesus would not marry. But what about on a physical level? If I'm not mistaken, Jesus did in the Garden of Gethsemane pray for "this cup to pass me by", showing, he did have human emotions. Jesus was even astonished by the faith of the Centurion with the sick servant (I actually really like that story, largely due to the historical significance behind it).

So could the physical Jesus have been married to Mary Magdalene? Or would this have been too much "a conflict of interest"?

Btw, for what it's worth, I enjoy speaking with you on here.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
So could the physical Jesus have been married to Mary Magdalene? Or would this have been too much "a conflict of interest"?

Jesus insisted that adultery was spiritual in nature, which means marriage is spiritual in nature. (Matthew 5:28)

Paul taught that the Torah was spiritual. (Romans 7:14)

Christ's death terminated his marriage and now he has been given a spiritual bride.
(Romans 7:4)

Feral Phoenician

Jesus insisted that adultery was spiritual in nature, which means marriage is spiritual in nature. (Matthew 5:28)

Paul taught that the Torah was spiritual. (Romans 7:14)

Christ's death terminated his marriage and now he has been given a spiritual bride.
(Romans 7:4)

Thank you very much. You've explained it quite adequately.

beameup

I got to Magdal and then knew it was all bull. Miriam is a very common name, and there were many in New Testament times.
Miriam of Magdal was a prostitute in a fishing-town-fish-market (Magdal, Israel).

Ben Masada

Very well written, with plenty of historical knowledge.

Why shouldn't he have been married? Let's say for the sake of argument that Christians are correct, and Jesus was God made Man. He was still Man; flesh and blood. I don't see how this would diminish the work and mission of Jesus. I don't think it "cheapens the Gospel" in any way.

If what I said above *does* somehow effect Jesus and the Gospel, please explain it to me. No, that's not some jackdaw taunt, I'm being quite serious.

Now, the last few paragraphs are going to get you in trouble haha. Jesus dying and being resurrected are tantamount to Christianity.

Anyway, good post from you.

Very wise understanding Feral; I think the idea to hide this part of the life of Jesus originated in the Catholic Church. Protestants got used to the idea and absorbed the Catholic tradition. I suppose the Church could not live without the divine model in Jesus to copy from for themselves. I wonder why would they not take from Paul who was a bachelor all his life. Yes, but the model would not be divine. On the other hand, Jesus would have contradicted himself as a Jew whose first commandment was to leave his father and mother and cling to his wife so that they became of one flesh (Genesis 2:24) And to grow and multiply by having children. (Genesis 1:28) And then to declare that he had come to fulfill all the laws down to the letter as a single person! (Mat. 5:17-19) It would not make much sense. It would be akin to the preacher who used to say, "Do as I say though not as I do for I am a sinner too."

Daniel1769

So the wedding Jesus was at in the Bible was his wedding? I wonder why he needed an invitation to go to it.

"And the third day there was a marriage in Cana of Galilee; and the mother of Jesus was there:
And both Jesus was called, and his disciples, to the marriage."
John 2:1-2

Not to mention, John had the chance to explicitly state that it was Jesus' wedding yet never did. And the Bible never mentions Jesus being married. And your nonsense about Jesus needing to follow customs of ordaining rabbi's is irrelevant, so I didn't read the rest since it's nonsense like everything else you post.

Ben Masada

I don't see anywhere in scripture where God demands that a teacher had to be married.

Okay Tambora, now imagine if ALL teachers were unmarried. Life would be unbearable by all parents to trust sending their children to school and still enjoy some peace. There is some sense to make of the profession a law to be married, isn't there? It won't fix the problem but it will help by a lot.

Ben Masada

Alright Ben........

First of all,

Well written!!!!

Excellent points.

I agree with you...

Mischievous look in my eyes.

He Was Married....

To all of humanity.

[emoji854]

Signature: "If I've offended you, that's me getting in the way of Jesus. If you search the Scriptures open to only the guidance of God's Spirit to Theologically level me..... I've succeeded."

No Nameless, you can give a break to the metaphorical language and believe me that this time was literal. Jesus was married according to Genesis 2:24. It is better to have it that way than to say he was lying when he said that he had come to fulfill the laws down to the letter, even to the dot of the letter and broke the very first of the commandments which was to get married and become with his wife one of the same flesh.