The Walk-Away

Sozo

Zakath said:
Ahh, so So-slow refuses to answer, eh?

Why is he avoiding the question?

Perhaps we should start a thread "So-slow is a fraud". :chuckle:

Was that question from Gerald directed at me? He has been on my ignore list for some time.

What is it related to?

Granite

Hall of Fame
He was asking about the Spirit bearing witness:

When did that happen to you? Give date, time and circumstances.

Such an experience can't be that personal and private.

Sozo

granite1010 said:
He was asking about the Spirit bearing witness:

When did that happen to you? Give date, time and circumstances.

Such an experience can't be that personal and private.

It has been on going since the time that I placed faith in Him. There has not been a single moment of doubt or sense that He is not there.

As far as a date and time, why does he care?

Sold Out

Sozo said:
It has been on going since the time that I placed faith in Him. There has not been a single moment of doubt or sense that He is not there.

As far as a date and time, why does he care?

What is Granite1010 asking you? I was reading the thread and can't figure it out.

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Sold Out said:
What is Granite1010 asking you? I was reading the thread and can't figure it out.
So-slow asked various former Christians the following:

When did the following happen to you? "The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God"

Granite was merely asking him to answer his own question... that doesn't sound unreasonable, does it?

Sozo

Zakath said:
Granite was merely asking him to answer his own question... that doesn't sound unreasonable, does it?

I do not claim to be a former "christian", as you do, Zakass.

You are the one who refuses to answer the question because it exposes you to be a fraud.

The verse provides evidence that those who are believers have a witness from the Spirit that they are children of God. You refuse to agree that you had this witness.

The bible also makes it clear that those who believe can know that they have eternal life...

"If we receive the witness of men, the witness of God is greater; for the witness of God is this, that He has borne witness concerning His Son. The one who believes in the Son of God has the witness in himself; the one who does not believe God has made Him a liar, because he has not believed in the witness that God has borne concerning His Son. And the witness is this, that God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has the life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have the life. These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, in order that you may know that you have eternal life. "

You have been exposed as a fraud and a liar, Zakass, and so has your butt-kissing groupie... granite.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Sozo said:
I do not claim to be a former "christian", as you do, Zakass.

You are the one who refuses to answer the question because it exposes you to be a fraud.

The verse provides evidence that those who are believers have a witness from the Spirit that they are children of God. You refuse to agree that you had this witness.

The bible also makes it clear that those who believe can know that they have eternal life...

"If we receive the witness of men, the witness of God is greater; for the witness of God is this, that He has borne witness concerning His Son. The one who believes in the Son of God has the witness in himself; the one who does not believe God has made Him a liar, because he has not believed in the witness that God has borne concerning His Son. And the witness is this, that God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has the life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have the life. These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, in order that you may know that you have eternal life. "

You have been exposed as a fraud and a liar, Zakass, and so has your butt-kissing groupie... granite.

Sozo, how exactly would you define/explain/describe this "experience"? Does it make you feel warm and fuzzy? Toes tingle? Hair smoke? How or what happens here, exactly? And does anyone else here at TOL know what you're smoking?

Sozo

granite1010 said:
Sozo, how exactly would you define/explain/describe this "experience"? Does it make you feel warm and fuzzy? Toes tingle? Hair smoke? How or what happens here, exactly? And does anyone else here at TOL know what you're smoking?

Those verses speak for themselves, and the fact that you mock what God says about the witness of His Son, and the eternal life that is known to those who are His, proves that you, granite, NEVER came close to being a christian, and YOU are as much of a fraud and a liar as you mentor, Zakass.

Gerald

Resident Fiend
Sozo said:
Those verses speak for themselves, and the fact that you mock what God says about the witness of His Son, and the eternal life that is known to those who are His, proves that you, granite, NEVER came close to being a christian, and YOU are as much of a fraud and a liar as you mentor, Zakass.
Sozo, drop dead. The world will be a better place without you.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Sozo said:

If anything John is not known for a verse "speaking for itself," as his work (whoever wrote it) is known to be--dare I say it--downright gnostic at times.

I'm forthright, happy, and know where I stand. And you're frustrated, more than likely strapped for cash, angry, and twisted. If turning into an Internet-bound bucket of bile like you is what Christianity held for me as time went on, I'm glad I got out when I did.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Sozo said:
Yep... a heartbeat from eternal damnation. You were NEVER in, and I just proved it.

"Proved" what, Mr. Mouse? That I left the monkey house? Sure did. Unfortunately you're not a mind reader and no one knows what's in the hearts of men--certainly not you or me.

Gerald

Resident Fiend
granite1010 said:
Unfortunately you're not a mind reader and no one knows what's in the hearts of men--certainly not you or me.
Well, the Shadow knows, but that's another story...;)

Gerald

Resident Fiend
Sozo said:
Yep... a heartbeat from eternal damnation.
And you're a heartbeat from eternal life, is that it?

I'd be interested to see you'd react if you were, say, looking down the barrel of a gun. You'd be praying like crazy for God to pull your chestnuts out of the fire, and you're a liar if you say otherwise.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
The Spirit has born witness with my spirit that I am a child of God. And I know for certain that this never happened with :zakath: or rocky.

On Fire

granite1010 said:
"Proved" what, Mr. Mouse? That I left the monkey house? Sure did. Unfortunately you're not a mind reader and no one knows what's in the hearts of men--certainly not you or me.
I have some idea based on what you've shared. It's funny the things people will bring into the balance when their relationship with God is on the line. Unfortunate.

Granite

Hall of Fame
On Fire said:
I have some idea based on what you've shared. It's funny the things people will bring into the balance when their relationship with God is on the line. Unfortunate.

Funny peculiar, perhaps, not funny ha-ha. My relationship with God wasn't on the line; I'd say my relationship with Christianity was. Unfortunately Christians are unable to see the distinction or, at the very least, respect it.