The Violent Reality of Islam

bybee

It's not Islam that causes these violent acts. It's people who allow their ideology about God to possess them, and define them, to the point that they see any opposition as an assault on themselves and their God. This strange phenomena of conflating God, religious ideology, and one's own identity is a recipe for insanity, and there are plenty of Christians who have become just as insane as those Muslims. The only difference is the intensity of their delusionally perceived threat and therefor the violence of their response. Otherwise the madness is very much the same. It's a the madness of the ego, not of the religion.

Madness is madness regardless the source. What to do about it is the question.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

That is the biggest part of the problem. WHO is actually mad. After identifying them (due to an act of murder) they deserve the same consideration as Old Yeller ... or Cujo even. They murder ... put em down.

PureX

I agree.

I think the first thing we need to do is learn to recognize that it is madness. Especially when it's not just a manifestation of the 'other guy'. We need to learn to recognize it when it's occurring within ourselves. When it's being preached in our churches, and from the mouths of our politicians, and through the media.

PureX

That is the biggest part of the problem. WHO is actually mad. After identifying them (due to an act of murder) they deserve the same consideration as Old Yeller ... or Cujo even. They murder ... put em down.
Murder is just the end result of the madness. It's the process that we need to recognize and understand. It's the process by which people become 'ideology warriors' that we need to focus on. And then on a way of impeding it. How do people come to believe that their ideology is more important even than their own lives, and the lives of others?

Because that's the heart and soul of the madness.

WizardofOz

I agree.

I think the first thing we need to do is learn to recognize that it is madness. Especially when it's not just a manifestation of the 'other guy'. We need to learn to recognize it when it's occurring within ourselves. When it's being preached in our churches, and from the mouths of our politicians, and through the media.

Any examples come to mind?

PureX

Any examples come to mind?
Sure. I can give an example that we all see here on TOL every day, and I have experienced in myself: the demonization of other human beings, via ideology. An example might be the palpable hatred of Barack Obama, or of someone like Al Sharpton, based solely on wildly hyperbolic delusions that are based on ideological differences. We see this all the time on TOL. And I caught myself doing it during the Bush years toward George W. Bush. I had to make myself stop doing that: stop imagining that I knew George Bush, and that I knew what he was thinking and feeling. Because the truth is that I didn't. I needed a 'reality check'. And had I not checked myself it's likely that I would still be irrationally loathing a man I'd never even met simply because I disagreed with his ideology regarding many current events.

And there are people right here on TOL that are flat out bug-nuts crazy, and seething with hate toward all sorts of human beings that they have never even met, simply because they perceive them to oppose their own ideology. And not only that, they are also convinced that their own ideology is God's ideology, so that they can do no wrong in defending of it, regardless of how they might do it. They stoop to lying, insults, banning people for no reason (if they have that power) and all sorts of disgusting behaviors because they are so self-inflated by the idea of their own righteousness, that they imagine themselves justified in everything they do.

Follow this same ego-centric ideological path, and where do you think it leads?

Nazaroo

Are you really this naive, or are you being deliberately misleading?

Here is the Central African Republic (CAR),
where this singular and unique genocide is happening:

cfafrica.gif

Its in the very heart of the most primitive part of the African Jungle.

It happens to be nominally "Christian" because of colonization,
which we are certain is hardly any form of Christianity at all.

The majority tribes who run the country have admitted themselves
that this is a TRIBAL ETHNIC WAR, not a religious war.

They have also admitted that they are motivated by "revenge"
or "vengeance" rather than any Christian teaching or principles.

And this has nothing to do with Christianity, since the perpetrators
don't really practice it except as a superstition and self-identity
in contrast to the immigrant muslim population.

Add to this the fact that this is probably the ONLY even vaguely
associated with "Christianity" type war or conflict on the planet,
and we can safely say that this is the Improbable Exception rather
than the 'rule' for modern Christianity (even Roman Catholicism).

On the other hand, Islam has engaged throughout its history
and continues to engage in tribal and religious wars and conflicts,
in EVERY PART of the GLOBE.

The comparison is welcomed.

Nazaroo

Sure. I can give an example that we all see here on TOL every day, and I have experienced in myself: the demonization of other human beings, via ideology. An example might be the palpable hatred of Barack Obama, or of someone like Al Sharpton, based solely on wildly hyperbolic delusions that are based on ideological differences. We see this all the time on TOL. And I caught myself doing it during the Bush years toward George W. Bush. I had to make myself stop doing that: stop imagining that I knew George Bush, and that I knew what he was thinking and feeling. Because the truth is that I didn't. I needed a 'reality check'. And had I not checked myself it's likely that I would still be irrationally loathing a man I'd never even met simply because I disagreed with his ideology regarding many current events.

And there are people right here on TOL that are flat out bug-nuts crazy, and seething with hate toward all sorts of human beings that they have never even met, simply because they perceive them to oppose their own ideology. And not only that, they are also convinced that their own ideology is God's ideology, so that they can do no wrong in defending of it, regardless of how they might do it. They stoop to lying, insults, banning people for no reason (if they have that power) and all sorts of disgusting behaviors because they are so self-inflated by the idea of their own righteousness, that they imagine themselves justified in everything they do.

Follow this same ego-centric ideological path, and where do you think it leads?

A banning offense you have committed right here you have.

yoda.jpg

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Excellent point!

I fail to see the logic in insisting that any question or comment about WHY horrible and immoral actions occur has to mean that the question is an "excuse" for that behavior.

How irrational!

PureX

Excellent point!

I fail to see the logic in insisting that any question or comment about WHY horrible and immoral actions occur has to mean that the question is an "excuse" for that behavior.

How irrational!
Who do you see excusing that behavior?

Morpheus

Are you really this naive, or are you being deliberately misleading?

Here is the Central African Republic (CAR),
where this singular and unique genocide is happening:

cfafrica.gif

Its in the very heart of the most primitive part of the African Jungle.

It happens to be nominally "Christian" because of colonization,
which we are certain is hardly any form of Christianity at all.

The majority tribes who run the country have admitted themselves
that this is a TRIBAL ETHNIC WAR, not a religious war.

They have also admitted that they are motivated by "revenge"
or "vengeance" rather than any Christian teaching or principles.

And this has nothing to do with Christianity, since the perpetrators
don't really practice it except as a superstition and self-identity
in contrast to the immigrant muslim population.

Add to this the fact that this is probably the ONLY even vaguely
associated with "Christianity" type war or conflict on the planet,
and we can safely say that this is the Improbable Exception rather
than the 'rule' for modern Christianity (even Roman Catholicism).

On the other hand, Islam has engaged throughout its history
and continues to engage in tribal and religious wars and conflicts,
in EVERY PART of the GLOBE.

The comparison is welcomed.
Crusades; Inquisition; "missionary" conquest of native peoples that involved enslavement, and even killing of anyone who didn't "convert"; and describing our military agression in Middle East as God's will. This is just off the top of my head.

[Now cue the defense team, or are they the prosecution, I've lost track]

Excellent point!

How irrational!

Who do you see excusing that behavior?

I think you two are actually on the same page.

Nazaroo

ACID ATTACKS ON WOMEN AND GIRLS are increasingly common in the Muslim world

Muslim men often use it as their weapon of choice against women who have rejected their advances. Fathers throw acid in their daughters’ faces because they were born female instead of male.

CAUTION: EXTREMELY DISTURBING HORRIFIC SUFFERING SHOWN:

Spoiler

Shanti-vi.jpg

When we hear the words Islamic Terrorism, we may think about suicide missions, mustard gas, the World trade centre blowing up, and hotel bombings. But men have found another way to pass on their control and power.

And this unspeakable, uncontrolled practice is called: “Acid Attacks”. Which is becoming a common practice in certain parts of the World. Sulfuric acid, cheap and easily accessible like kerosene, has emerged as a weapon used to disfigure and sometimes kill women and girls.

Acid-throwing is one of the most alarming and horrific forms of violence especially targeted at women. It has a devastating effect on the victims. It inflicts lifelong suffering on them. Even a small amount of acid, sulphuric or nitric, melts the skin tissues, often with the bones underneath exposed or dissolved. Other effects include: permanent disfigurement, scars on the face and body, and narrowing of the persons nostrils, eyelids and ears. In most cases, vital organs of the survivors, especially the eyes, are permanently damaged.

While women are the main targets of this despicable crime, children, even babies, are often attacked. ‘Our face is our identity. When it is changed our whole identity is changed. Women and girls are cheap in this society, so men think they can destroy them.’

In a powerful and confronting report South Asia correspondent Sally Sara investigates acid attacks in Bangladesh and asks what’s being done to arrest thisshameful phenomenon. Sara discovers Bangladesh is trying to reform itself. Police have been told to crack down on the acid throwers, and the death penalty

081808_findingbeauty-vi.jpg

has been introduced. The message is that these attacks should no longer be considered just family business.
In a society that shuns people with disabilities it would appear impossible for some of these women to survive let alone prosper but some do through remarkable strength and determination. They have landed good jobs and now can afford to live independently in the city, building a new life they may have only dreamed of in their villages.

They’re sustained by a new self belief, drawing courage and confidence from an inner beauty. ‘Beautiful is what’s inside, what’s there in your heart. My heart is beautiful. I can feel that.’
HASINA AKTER, ACID SURVIVOR ABC

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame

ACID ATTACKS ON WOMEN AND GIRLS are increasingly common in the Muslim world

Muslim men often use it as their weapon of choice against women who have rejected their advances. Fathers throw acid in their daughters’ faces because they were born female instead of male.

CAUTION: EXTREMELY DISTURBING HORRIFIC SUFFERING SHOWN:

Spoiler

Shanti-vi.jpg

When we hear the words Islamic Terrorism, we may think about suicide missions, mustard gas, the World trade centre blowing up, and hotel bombings. But men have found another way to pass on their control and power.

And this unspeakable, uncontrolled practice is called: “Acid Attacks”. Which is becoming a common practice in certain parts of the World. Sulfuric acid, cheap and easily accessible like kerosene, has emerged as a weapon used to disfigure and sometimes kill women and girls.

Acid-throwing is one of the most alarming and horrific forms of violence especially targeted at women. It has a devastating effect on the victims. It inflicts lifelong suffering on them. Even a small amount of acid, sulphuric or nitric, melts the skin tissues, often with the bones underneath exposed or dissolved. Other effects include: permanent disfigurement, scars on the face and body, and narrowing of the persons nostrils, eyelids and ears. In most cases, vital organs of the survivors, especially the eyes, are permanently damaged.

While women are the main targets of this despicable crime, children, even babies, are often attacked. ‘Our face is our identity. When it is changed our whole identity is changed. Women and girls are cheap in this society, so men think they can destroy them.’

In a powerful and confronting report South Asia correspondent Sally Sara investigates acid attacks in Bangladesh and asks what’s being done to arrest thisshameful phenomenon. Sara discovers Bangladesh is trying to reform itself. Police have been told to crack down on the acid throwers, and the death penalty

081808_findingbeauty-vi.jpg

has been introduced. The message is that these attacks should no longer be considered just family business.
In a society that shuns people with disabilities it would appear impossible for some of these women to survive let alone prosper but some do through remarkable strength and determination. They have landed good jobs and now can afford to live independently in the city, building a new life they may have only dreamed of in their villages.

They’re sustained by a new self belief, drawing courage and confidence from an inner beauty. ‘Beautiful is what’s inside, what’s there in your heart. My heart is beautiful. I can feel that.’
HASINA AKTER, ACID SURVIVOR ABC

Demonic is the only way to describe a lot of them.

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
The real face of Islam, especially in Europe and the West,
is well illustrated by this exposure of the ideology and bloodthirsty intent of Islam:
"Nazaroo" appears to forget that WW1 and WW2 was largely composed of Christian nations whose "bloodthirsty intent" was to bomb each other into submission.

As for these current problems, much of it can be traced back to Western nations meddling in Middle Eastern affairs and forming nation-states that were destined to fail.

Far more Moslems have died at the hands of so-called Christian nations, but they never receive the same news coverage that a few isolated cases receive in the West!

Nazaroo

Perhaps jgarden and aikido7 can show some recent examples
of where Christian communities have made into a tradition
throwing acid on their women for "looking the wrong way",
or "honour killings" between neighbours because a family or tribe
has felt miffed and thus needed to rape, torture and kill women
across the street or in a nearby village.

[..crickets...]

oh wait, thats Islam again.

An Islamic father burned his daughter to death in Yemen,
for being in contact with the wrong suitor.

Sanaa, Yemen: A Yemeni father has burned his 15-year-old daughter to death for keeping in touch with her fiance, police said, sparking further outrage in Yemen, where an eight-year girl died from internal bleeding on her wedding night a month ago.

Police said a 35-year-old man had been arrested after the teenager’s death in a remote village in the central Taiz province.

“The father committed this heinous crime on the pretext that his daughter had been keeping contacts with her fiance,” the police website said on Tuesday, giving no further details.

Some local news websites reported that the father had caught the girl chatting by telephone with her fiance.

burnt-alive-1.jpg

Traditional tribal customs in parts of Yemen prohibit contacts between men and women before marriage. Poverty and concern about “family honour” prompts many Yemenis to marry off their daughters young, often below the age of 18, a practice that has been criticised by international rights groups.

Yemeni authorities said last month they were
investigating the death of the eight-year-old girl
in northern Yemen, and that they would prosecute those responsible.

Last edited:

Nazaroo

Well, that was just Yemen, so we can't judge every muslim country by
the bad behaviour of one community and tradition:

Oh wait:

Muslims in Nigeria Burn a 5-Year-old Girl to Death
During Attack on Girl’s School

burned-alive-2.jpg

Bauchi State, Nigeria
: Boko Haram men in the early hours of today April 20th attacked Government Girls Secondary School (GGSS), Yana,
killing a 5 year old girl and setting some buildings in the staff quarters ablaze. The Bauchi State Police spokesperson, DSP Haruna Mohammed while confirming the incident said the gunmen stole a private vehicle belonging to the principal of the school and also destroyed a bank vault.
“Unknown gunmen attacked the staff quarters of GGSS Yana, Shira Local Government Area of Bauchi State, around 2.30am on Sunday. They set the school bus ablaze and in the process, a five-year-old girl was killed in the fire

http://www.360nobs.com/2014/04/gunm...ool-staff-quarters-in-bauchi-kill-5-year-old/