The Trump thing is downright WEIRD.. separating sheep & goats?

republicanchick

It's weird... rather a mystery, it seems... the way this Trump thing is going...

People are having weird reactions to waht Trump said about Mexico, about how they send their worst people (true), how Mexico is negligent in their duties to protect the border (true) and etc...

The Trump thing seems to be separating the sheep from the goats (as per Jesus's parable)

works for me anyway

Perry is out as far as being someone i would wholeheartedly endorse (as i once did) because he criticized Trump and didn't even allow for the ... HELLLLOOOOO!

TRUTH of what he said.. to be validated..

so... this is a good thing. Now i am not so overwhelmed trying to figure out who to vote for..

It's simple

This is how we all need to vote:

If a person slams Trump for his comments on Immigration, that person is OFF the list of whom to vote for.

so far, i see Cruz and Carson left on my list... and Santorum and a few others... Fiorina... We haven't heard (i haven't anyway) what THEY think, save Cruz and Carson... or at least i think i caught a snippet of Carson more/less defending Trump's comments...

we will see..

___

MarcATL

It's weird... rather a mystery, it seems... the way this Trump thing is going...

People are having weird reactions to waht Trump said about Mexico, about how they send their worst people (true), how Mexico is negligent in their duties to protect the border (true) and etc...

The Trump thing seems to be separating the sheep from the goats (as per Jesus's parable)

works for me anyway

Perry is out as far as being someone i would wholeheartedly endorse (as i once did) because he criticized Trump and didn't even allow for the ... HELLLLOOOOO!

so... this is a good thing. Now i am not so overwhelmed trying to figure out who to vote for..

It's simple

If a person slams Trump for his comments on Immigration, that person is OFF the list of whom to vote for.

so far, i see Cruz and Carson left on my list... and Santorum and a few others... Fiorina... We haven't heard (i haven't anyway) what THEY think, save Cruz and Carson... or at least i think i caught a snippet of Carson more/less defending Trump's comments...

we will see..

___
It's separating the sheep from the goat alright. Just not in the way you think it is.

#LOLGOP

Sancocho

works for me anyway

It's simple

we will see..

___

With all due respect I would like to see the demographics that support that Mexico is sending it's "worst citizens" to the US. That is of course unless by merely crossing the border they are to be considered felons.

Based on my research after many years there is a minority that are criminals that come across as would be expected. This is for the simple fact that most of the immigrants are poor catholic peasants who have been run out of their country by the drug cartels who charge them money for food produced on their own land. Also, given that the drug cartels control millions of dollars of illegal goods that cross the border everyday and thousands of trafficked people they have no need to come to the US and be treated like a second class citizen as they are able to live like kings in Mexico with more money than they know what to do with. Finally, the poor peasants want nothing to do with the drug cartels for obvious reasons such as frequently being massacred in large groups.

The impetus for this issue is Americans drug use. While we have been somewhat effective is reducing large-scale drug production with our record spending on law enforcement poor Latin countries can't of course. In fact Americans send more money to Latin America than all the combined police and military budgets from Mexico to Colombia. This is why the drug cartels have a run of the countryside because they have more money, men and arms than the police.

Also, I lament the fact that there is a group of conservatives that promote this propaganda about immigration to gain consensus just like the Democrats have been doing for so long. At some point I expect the levels to reach that of the Democrat Party, thus dooming our country for good.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
The impetus for this issue is Americans drug use. While we have been somewhat effective is reducing large-scale drug production with our record spending on law enforcement poor Latin countries can't of course. In fact Americans send more money to Latin America than all the combined police and military budgets from Mexico to Colombia. This is why the drug cartels have a run of the countryside because they have more money, men and arms than the police.

would you favor legalizing most drugs?

Sancocho

would you favor legalizing most drugs?

No, we have been down this road.

Unfortunately, America has gotten to the point that any solution starts to be attractive. We have been down this road before too, with slavery and abortion and of course the results are always devastating.

Nonetheless, I predict drugs will be legalized which will be the dawn of America's last breath - if we even make it that far.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It weird that you even take Trump seriously. He is in it for the publicity.

republicanchick

With all due respect I would like to see the demographics that support that Mexico is sending it's "worst citizens" to the US. That is of course unless by merely crossing the border they are to be considered felons.

Based on my research after many years there is a minority that are criminals that come across as would be expected. This is for the simple fact that most of the immigrants are poor catholic peasants who have been run out of their country by the drug cartels who charge them money for food produced on their own land. Also, given that the drug cartels control millions of dollars of illegal goods that cross the border everyday and thousands of trafficked people they have no need to come to the US and be treated like a second class citizen as they are able to live like kings in Mexico with more money than they know what to do with. Finally, the poor peasants want nothing to do with the drug cartels for obvious reasons such as frequently being massacred in large groups.

Also, I lament the fact that there is a group of conservatives that promote this propaganda about immigration to gain consensus just like the Democrats have been doing for so long. At some point I expect the levels to reach that of the Democrat Party, thus dooming our country for good.
i cannot comment b/c after reading this, i still do not understand what you are saying... can't even really get the gist of it... US money to S America?

you don't explain anything.

___

Sancocho

i cannot comment b/c after reading this, i still do not understand what you are saying... can't even really get the gist of it... US money to S America?

you don't explain anything.

___

1. Americans spend 100 billion on drugs every year. The last time I calculated the police budgets of Mexico to Colombia it was less than 50 billion.

2. The drug cartels have taken over the Central American countryside and cause poor Catholic to run from violence and who want nothing to do with the drug cartels.

http://www.catholic.org/news/international/americas/story.php?id=45623

3. The incarceration rate of of foreigners is less than that of the native born population, which disagrees with your claim that Mexico sends it's worse people to the US.

http://www.immigrationpolicy.org/sites/default/files/docs/Imm Criminality (IPC).pdf

republicanchick

3. The incarceration rate of of foreigners is less than that of the native born population, which disagrees with your claim that Mexico sends it's worse people to the US.

%28IPC%29.pdf[/url]

not true

illegals are 3% of the population

yet are incarcerated at a rate of 38%

+++

Foxfire

not true

illegals are 3% of the population

yet are incarcerated at a rate of 38%

+++

Sooooo.....lets review those numbers.

You seem to be positing that out of 3% of the US population, 38% are incarcerated?

320,000,000 estimated US population X .03 = 9,600,000 illegal immigrants X .38 = 3,648,000 incarcerated illegal immigrants.

With an estimated total US prison population of only 2,266,800

How does that work?

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame

You seem to be positing that out of 3% of the US population, 38% are incarcerated?

320,000,000 estimated US population X .03 = 9,600,000 illegal immigrants X .38 = 3,648,000 incarcerated illegal immigrants.

With an estimated total US prison population of only 2,266,800

How does that work?

:think:

???

republicanchick

How does that work?

actually, i got the 38% wrong. It is 13.5%, apparently...

this means that illegals are 13.5% of the prison population, yet only 3% of the population in general

I am not 100% sure of these statistics, but i believe (99%) this is accurate-- data shown on Fox News..

++

Sancocho

actually, i got the 38% wrong. It is 13.5%, apparently...

this means that illegals are 13.5% of the prison population, yet only 3% of the population in general

I am not 100% sure of these statistics, but i believe (99%) this is accurate-- data shown on Fox News..

++

I'd like to see those numbers. From what I have researched I expect the majority of the offenses will be simply for being in the US illegally. Some will claim this is illegal and worse immoral but that is easy to say if the drug cartels have taken over your town and massacres people frequently for opposing them.

republicanchick

I'd like to see those numbers. From what I have researched I expect the majority of the offenses will be simply for being in the US illegally. Some will claim this is illegal and worse immoral but that is easy to say if the drug cartels have taken over your town and massacres people frequently for opposing them.

how come u are the only one we hear this from?

But even so, the US has laws on the books. If those laws are wrong, they can be changed.. Until they are, .. what good is a law if no one follows it?

that's just anarchy

And we cannot and should not take every foreigner who seems to need help. We cant even help ourselves in many ways...

18 trillion debt...

please

___

Sancocho

how come u are the only one we hear this from?

But even so, the US has laws on the books. If those laws are wrong, they can be changed.. Until they are, .. what good is a law if no one follows it?

that's just anarchy

And we cannot and should not take every foreigner who seems to need help. We cant even help ourselves in many ways...

18 trillion debt...

please

___

The Catholic Church has been speaking about this for years actually.

Using the logic of supporting prosecution of illegals simply because it is law would also mean we need to support abortion and homosexual marriage as well. I'm sure you don't want to imply that.

The fact is man's laws can never usurp God's laws, and the US is in this fine mess because of exactly that, not because of some poor Catholic peasants who don't want to be extorted nor killed for trying to make a living.

Ironically, it is godless Americans who created this drug problem in Central America by undermining Christianity in our society and laws.