The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

Rosenritter

You are the one who made things up. Just read what you said. You think that you are so great because you believe God can do anything He wants. That is true, God can do anything He wants, BUT HE DOES NOT GO AGAINST HIS WORD and nullify it!

You are an idiot.

Your blood pressure is going to burst. And what you just said doesn't make sense. How am I exalting my alleged greatness by not placing limits on God?

You said that it would violate scripture if God were to use prophecy past the date of 1 Corinthians. But Revelation was written later and contains prophecy. It also prophesies that there will be at least two that prophesy in Jerusalem in the last days.

If scripture contradicts your statement don't take it out on me. Just reevaluate your understanding and belief. You made a mistake, so what? We all do from time to time.

If you still wish to persist in this saying that God is limited to not using miracle or prophecy past that contained in our sixty-six canonical books, then show where it clearly says so please. But tone down the aggression, it doesn't help anyone.

Rosenritter

He is the Comforter, the Helper who comes along side.
Jesus is another Comforter, so that leaves two possibilities:

1. Comforter is a name, and since Jesus has the same name then Jesus is the Holy Spirit as well.

2. Comforter is a descriptive title, in which case it is not a name but rather applicable to God in the spirit and God in the flesh.

John 14:16 KJV
And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

Rosenritter

Denying the Trinity is denying Christianity at it's most fundamental aspect- it's Godhead.

People don't understand how much they contradict, including ironically a lot of what they themselves hold to, in doing so.
Except Jesus or the apostles never said anything like what you just said. One could even say that Trinity is Another Doctrine that Paul never preached.

2 John 1:9-10 KJV
Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son. [10] If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed:

Paul says that we need the doctrine of Christ, not a doctrine of Trinity. He says that whomsoever hath Christ has both Father and Son. Who are you to say otherwise?

God's Truth

Your blood pressure is going to burst.

You are a liar, I have no problems with my blood pressure.

Don't you care about the truth? Do you really think you can say anything and it not matter?

And what you just said doesn't make sense. How am I exalting my alleged greatness by not placing limits on God?

Again, God does not go against what He says.

You said that it would violate scripture is God were to use prophecy past the date of 1 Corinthians.
I never said that. Prove it liar.

But Revelation was written later and contains prophecy. It also prophesies that there will be at least two that prophesy in Jerusalem in the last days.

You are unstable. Show where I said there are no prophecies past the first letter to the Corinthians.

You do not pay attention to the truth. You have wandered off.

Rosenritter

Without pointing any fingers, perhaps because I only have ten fingers, is it possible for the people here to act in a kind loving manner to each other? Even if not everyone counts from one to three or four or seven in the same manner?

John 13:34-35 KJV
A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another. [35] By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.

Disagreement can be calm and respectful, proof can be from scripture instead of ad hominem insult, rebuke can be done in love. Even being "right" doesn't count for much if Christ returns to find you beating your fellow servants.

Luke 12:45-46 KJV
But and if that servant say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming; and shall begin to beat the menservants and maidens, and to eat and drink, and to be drunken; [46] The lord of that servant will come in a day when he looketh not for him , and at an hour when he is not aware, and will cut him in sunder, and will appoint him his portion with the unbelievers.

God's Truth

Without pointing any fingers, perhaps because I only have ten fingers, is it possible for the people here to act in a kind loving manner to each other? Even if not everyone counts from one to three or four or seven in the same manner?

A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another. [35] By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.

Disagreement can be calm and respectful, proof can be from scripture instead of ad hominem insult, rebuke can be done in love. Even being "right" doesn't count for much if Christ returns to find you beating your fellow servants.

But and if that servant say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming; and shall begin to beat the menservants and maidens, and to eat and drink, and to be drunken; [46] The lord of that servant will come in a day when he looketh not for him , and at an hour when he is not aware, and will cut him in sunder, and will appoint him his portion with the unbelievers.

Be more careful what you say about others because you bear false witness and lie.

Rosenritter

You are a liar, I have no problems with my blood pressure.

Don't you care about the truth? Do you really think you can say anything and it not matter?

Again, God does not go against what He says.

I never said that. Prove it liar.

You are unstable. Show where I said there are no prophecies past the first letter to the Corinthians.

You do not pay attention to the truth. You have wandered off.
GT, do you understand what is meant by the metaphor of blood pressure? If not I will speak plainly. You are acting in a rabid accusatory vicious manner. Calm down before you drive yourself insane with hatred please.

I thought the metaphor was a kinder way of saying that. It was not a prophecy or witch's curse. Nor a medical diagnosis.

keypurr

His problem is bitterness with his former Church . That bitterness allowed him to swallow evil doctrine and also closed his mind super tight.
Wrong, I love the church and was very active in it. But when truth came to me I had to leave. Most churches can not let go the mistakes made many years ago by the church fathers.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using TheologyOnline mobile app

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
You can't deny the Trinity without contradicting the Bible- the problem people have is not referring to Isaiah, whose prophecy is largely centered around the Messiah, and instead just making bald presumptions from the New Testament.

A thorough contrasting of Isaiah and the NT leaves the Trinity incontrovertible, to the extent that you can't actually hold to the scriptures without holding to the Trinity.

This was deduced very well from virtually all of Christianity, much of which was already assumed in the first place- people didn't see Jesus as anything less than God. He is worshiped as God, he has the power of God, and he forgives and judges God- because he IS GOD.

There's many intellectual flaws in anti-trinitarianism. One, you have to say that God has basically given all His will to a conduit of Himself that is nevertheless not Himself, and you have to say that God contradicts Himself in His own divine right.
And that's just for starts. I would get into what exactly constitutes perfection, and how it differs from God, but why bother?

The Romans did, and anti-trinitarianism simply became modalism. No matter what, you can't win with denialists.

keypurr

I would partially agree with that. But his primary problem is unbelief and therefore, spiritual blindness.

All of the anti-trinitarians here on TOL have some cockamamie story of God's nature based on some cherry-picked verses. Then, they ignore the rest of the Bible.

The simple fact that the Father, Son and Holy Spirit share ONE NAME is not good enough for these poor lost souls.

Matt 28:19 (AKJV/PCE)
(28:19) ¶ Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

This NAME refers to THEIR authority.... which they ALL have, since they are GOD.
Your traditions are showing. No one has more faith in the Father and Son than I. I just understand him more than most, after seventy years of prayerful study he has bless me with some understanding. I think the majority of folks who call themselves Christian are really not.

God's Truth

GT, do you understand what is meant by the metaphor of blood pressure? If not I will speak plainly. You are acting in a rabid accusatory vicious manner. Calm down before you drive yourself insane with hatred please.

I thought the metaphor was a kinder way of saying that. It was not a prophecy or witch's curse. Nor a medical diagnosis.

Be more careful what you say. Where do you get that I thought you were giving a witch's curse or a medical observation? What I am trying to get across to you is that it matters what we say. I do not have high blood pressure, and I am not rabid, and I have no hatred. and I am not going insane.

You do not speak normal about others. I did not ever say prophecies ended at the time of the Corinthians. You made that up because you do not value the truth and bore false witness against me.

Just as you are not more careful about what is written in the Bible.

keypurr

If I have offended you I appoligize, I am harsh sometimes but I really do not wish to harm anyone. I know why they believe in what they believe in. Christ is all about love and we do need to be more tolerant of each other.

Right Divider

Body part
You think you do but you don't.

For an old man, you're quite childish.

Jer 23:5-8 (AKJV/PCE)
(23:5) ¶ Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch, and a King shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgment and justice in the earth. (23:6) In his days Judah shall be saved, and Israel shall dwell safely: and this [is] his name whereby he shall be called, THE LORD OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS. (23:7) Therefore, behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that they shall no more say, The LORD liveth, which brought up the children of Israel out of the land of Egypt; (23:8) But, The LORD liveth, which brought up and which led the seed of the house of Israel out of the north country, and from all countries whither I had driven them; and they shall dwell in their own land.

keypurr

You can't deny the Trinity without contradicting the Bible- the problem people have is not referring to Isaiah, whose prophecy is largely centered around the Messiah, and instead just making bald presumptions from the New Testament.

A thorough contrasting of Isaiah and the NT leaves the Trinity incontrovertible, to the extent that you can't actually hold to the scriptures without holding to the Trinity.

This was deduced very well from virtually all of Christianity, much of which was already assumed in the first place- people didn't see Jesus as anything less than God. He is worshiped as God, he has the power of God, and he forgives and judges God- because he IS GOD.
The Trinity is false, it was added to the church in the fourth century. So was Sunday worship, both pagan doctrines.

Right Divider

Body part
Your traditions are showing. No one has more faith in the Father and Son than I. I just understand him more than most, after seventy years of prayerful study he has bless me with some understanding. I think the majority of folks who call themselves Christian are really not.

Opinions are a dime a dozen. I prefer the clear WORD OF GOD.