The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

popsthebuilder

There is one Father in the Godhead. Which is the Trinity.

Eternal Father is speaking of the world to come when God will be all in all....sitting on one throne. His name "shall be called" doesn't mean we can call Christ the Father now. So, I think it is a fair statement....it is not yet so and the scripture you gave makes it clear.
You are basically saying the Father is one of three lesser gods that when added together, make up a whole god.

How is that monotheism?

How is that not polytheism?

Three people equal god they say, but two are actually spirit we just call people, which are actually the same spirit, and one is a mortal man made in the image of the other two and itself.

The Spirit of GOD filled a vessel that HE ordained by HIS will before the creation of the world. That same spirit is the life of all creation. That same spirit comes to us as believers for our sake. That same spirit is the Holy Spirit, and the comforter, chastiser, and the Shepard, the help in peril, the selfsubsistent who does sustain all.

popsthebuilder

What am I supposed to answer? Every time I've attempted to do so, you get all defensive and start lining out my faults. If you don't want to hear what I have to say, just don't ask. Simple.
I actually listen to every word you say because I know for sure that you ate indeed of strong faith, and I indeed can learn from you.

I'll ask you politely though you said it is fake and not needed. I will disregard your belittling of my beliefs at my expense as I am supposed to do. I openly admit that I can get slightly overly defensive at times, but they are warranted. So if we can agree that we ate both at fault for overly harsh words perhaps we can both move forward.

Consider it a new slate.

Let me start it off if you will.

Can you please provide scripture saying specifically, yet not word for word, that it is wrong to reference GOD as if asexual? Can you provide scripture saying I cannot use any symbolism I so choose as long as I and whomever I am speaking to understand that I reference the One Creator GOD with utter reverence, respect, and honor?

I look forward to your thought out rebuttal as I do genuinely respect your opinion though my eagerness to show such as of late has been left to the imagination.

I shouldn't have attacked you as it helped very little for either of us or anyone else.

peace

glorydaz

You are basically saying the Father is one of three lesser gods that when added together, make up a whole god.

Nope....ONE GOD - Triune. Not three Gods at all. He's just more complicated than most men can fathom. Some would say we shouldn't even try to give any analogies to help people understand, while others give examples like water, ice, and vapor. But since we are made in the image of God, I sometimes give this one.

Man is made up of soul, body, and spirit.....in the image of our Triune God.
We are one Human being, as God is one Divine being.

Three people equal god they say,

Not three PEOPLE. We call them "persons" by way of distinction. They are never separate - always one.
but two are actually spirit we just call people, which are actually the same spirit, and one is a mortal man made in the image of the other two and itself.

Invisible (spiritual realm). We don't call them "people" but acknowledge personal attributes. Personality traits, if you will. The Spirit groans, God laughs, etc. We are made in the image of God, so as we are relational, so is God. "Let us make man in OUR image..." Is God hard to fathom? Of course He is, but the Bible gives us a lot to work with. We just don't want to go too far outside what is written while we attempt to describe what we see from Scripture.

The Spirit of GOD filled a vessel that HE ordained by HIS will before the creation of the world. That same spirit is the life of all creation. That same spirit comes to us as believers for our sake. That same spirit is the Holy Spirit, and the comforter, chastiser, and the Shepard, the help in peril, the selfsubsistent who does sustain all.

That's like saying my I'm just a body without a mind or emotions (soul), or a spirit which communicates with God.

popsthebuilder

Romans 8:26
Likewise the Spirit also helps in our weaknesses. For we do not know what we should pray for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself makes intercession for us[a] with groanings which cannot be uttered.
And that Spirit...do you consider it one of three spirits? I don't think you do and do not mean to seem as if I insinuate otherwise. I would like clarification though, and I will attempt to consider it without preconceived bias.

popsthebuilder

Nope....ONE GOD - Triune. Not three Gods at all. He's just more complicated than most men can fathom. Some would say we shouldn't even try to give any analogies to help people understand, while others give examples like water, ice, and vapor. But since we are made in the image of God, I sometimes give this one.

Man is made up of soul, body, and spirit.....in the image of our Triune God.
We are one Human being, as God is one Divine being.

Not three PEOPLE. We call them "persons" by way of distinction. They are never separate - always one.

Invisible (spiritual realm). We don't call them "people" but acknowledge personal attributes. Personality traits, if you will. The Spirit groans, God laughs, etc. We are made in the image of God, so as we are relational, so is God. "Let us make man in OUR image..." Is God hard to fathom? Of course He is, but the Bible gives us a lot to work with. We just don't want to go too far outside what is written while we attempt to describe what we see from Scripture.

That's like saying my I'm just a body without a mind or emotions (soul), or a spirit which communicates with God.
How so please?

Could you please briefly describe each of the divisions you noted in self?

God's Truth

And how do you wake if you don't hear the spirit?
What? All are warned to obey.
I'm talking about hearing the word of God, (first light) and it awakening us!

Romans 13

And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed.

The night is far spent, the day is at hand: let us therefore cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armour of light

Ephesians 5

Wherefore he saith, Awake thou that sleepest, and arise from the dead, and Christ shall give thee light

All those scriptures prove that we are the ones who have to not go to sleep.

God's Truth

I thought you had asked if one could but imagine a scenario where the child is wholly obedient. I implied Jesus. What am I missing?

Marhig asked why then did God call Jesus Son he were really the Father. I explained that because Jesus came from God and when one comes from another we call that person a 'son' or a 'daughter'. She then said but sons and daughters are not their father. I explained that Jesus only said and did what the Father said and did and no one can do that unless they were that person.

You said a perfect and obedient child would. However, no matter how perfect and obedient a human child is, there is no way they could only say and do what their father says.

Last edited:

God's Truth

The Holy Spirit of God.

The Holy Spirit IS God, not just of God, as you say.

The. Lord. is. the. Spirit.

2 Corinthians 3:17 Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.

2 Corinthians 3:18 And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into His image with intensifying glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.

Revelation 2:7, 8, 11, 17, 29; 3:6, 13, 22; 14:13; 22:17.

1 Corinthians 15:45 So it is written: The first man Adam became a living being; the last Adam became a life-giving Spirit.

popsthebuilder

I don't know what you mean. Could you explain more?
I mean there is manifest truth in the Torah, even the written law, but if you read it with a literal/ physical/ material mindset or predisposition then you would, I hope, surely see to be rather grotesque and full of pride, not towards GOD, but towards the Jewish men. In this form of interpretation very many a Pharisees and Sadducees did go and lead astray, per scripture.

As if burning incense is what GOD actually required of Man as opposed to the savor of sincere supplication. As if clothing of varied colors and materials was forbidden as opposed to having but one Master.
As if the free will offering was some obscure thing as opposed to relinquishing the GOD given freedom to sin in favor of true worship. As if the corn and wheat was to be burned up as opposed to man doing what is good and right upon the right time which is today, at every conceivable moment. As if on the Sabbath GOD required that none do anything whatsoever as opposed to lessening the work of your hands and the devouring of your mouth in order to reflect on the things of GOD in GOD's temple for the sake of the temple and the servant.

That probably didn't do anything but worsen the opinions of others towards me, but it is my belief..... For very good reason.

I'm sure it answered little, so feel free to isolate whatever for the sake of understanding and I will try and explain better. Maybe you can help me.

peace

glorydaz

How so please?

Could you please briefly describe each of the divisions you noted in self?

This verse shows that we each have our own spirit....a soul.....and a body.

1 Thessalonians 5:23
And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.​

God communes with man's spirit....the innermost part of man.

Proverbs 20:27 The spirit of man is the candle of the Lord, searching all the inward parts of the belly.​

Man has his own spirit (which is invisible as spirits are).

1 Corinthians 2:11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.​

Verses such as this one show the inner man and the outer man....body and soul or spirit.

2 Corinthians 4:16
For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day.​

Yes, man is a living soul, but he also has a soul which is WHO we are (personality, mind, emotions, etc.). And, yes, it's a deep subject, which I'm thinking you will doubt or even toss out, but there are hundreds of verses that show man is not just a visible body, not just a spirit, and not just a soul. He is triune or tripartate.

And remember, the Tabernacle had three "sections", too.