The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

Bee1

Do you deny that within the one Being that is God, there exists eternally three coequal and coeternal persons, namely, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit?

AMR
Three in one ... we're in the Bible can you find Father , Son , and Holy Spirit in one verse.

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Three in one ... we're {sic} in the Bible can you find Father , Son , and Holy Spirit in one verse.

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk
So your answer is a "No" then?

The word "trinity" is not found in the Bible. But this does not mean that the concept is not taught there. The word "bible" is not found in the Bible, but we use it anyway. Likewise, the words "omniscience," which means "all knowing," "omnipotence," which means "all powerful," and "omnipresence," which means "everywhere present," and "incarnation," which means "deity embodied in the flesh," are not found in the Bible. But we use these words to describe attributes of God. So, to say that the Trinity isn't true because the word isn't in the Bible is an invalid argument. The important question is whether or not the concept of the Trinity is found in the Scriptures. It is. That settles it.

AMR

Lon

There is no such thing as coincidence, chance or truly random.

Not exactly true. When one ties an unrelated idea or event that happens near the other or at the same time as the other, it 'may' be related but by no necessity and such is an assumption not based on fact. Point? "An assumption NOT based on fact."

We are talking about politics going on and how it might have affected theology. I've personally found theology is very resilient and resistant. TOL is proof of that.

popsthebuilder

Not exactly true. When one ties an unrelated idea or event that happens near the other or at the same time as the other, it 'may' be related but by no necessity and such is an assumption not based on fact. Point? "An assumption NOT based on fact."

We are talking about politics going on and how it might have affected theology. I've personally found theology is very resilient. TOL is proof of that.
What does that have to do with my statement that there is no technical coincidence

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Lon

What does that have to do with my statement that there is no technical coincidence
Let's not get lost in details:
Rather, we are only concerned if such is scripturally given, and it is.
Whether we agree on the former is nonessential. The main point is that we follow scripture and not worry so much what Greeks or Romans were doing at such and such a time.

The main point here: What do the scriptures say? I believe they say it clearly: John 1:1;20:28

Lon

Jesus didn't exactly give Himself all power. And He didn't always have all power.
:nono: John 1:1 You are confusing 'Father' with "God." Just as Love ISN'T God, but God is Love - Jesus is not the Father, both God. John 1:1

"If" you understand that Love is not God, you can recognize the other. John 1:1 gives it clearly, note 'Father' is not given in the passage.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Do you deny that within the one Being that is God, there exists eternally three coequal and coeternal persons, namely, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit?

AMR

1 Corinthians 15:27 27For he "has put everything under his feet." Now when it says that "everything" has been put under him, it is clear that this does not include God himself, who put everything under Christ.

28And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

glorydaz

1 Corinthians 15:27 27For he "has put everything under his feet." Now when it says that "everything" has been put under him, it is clear that this does not include God himself, who put everything under Christ.

28And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

Aren't you curious about what that in yellow means?

It means that Christ's office as mediator (the God/man) will cease, and that the Godhead will once more be as it was.

Lon

Good. What is explicit and what is implicit?

Another way: What is CRYSTAL clear here? What isn't that we rather 'put together?'

See also 1 Corinthians 15:24 "God" or "Father?"
See 1 Corinthians 15:47; 1:2 2 Corinthians 12:8

Then this: 1Co 10:9 Nor let us tempt Christ, as some of them also tempted Him and were destroyed by serpents. Numbers 21:5
Realize then the Apostle Paul calls the Lord Jesus Christ "God." The Lord Jesus Christ is not the Father. The Father is God. The Son is God. There is only one God.

I'd expect every Arian and JW to accept these scripture truths without reservation.

glorydaz

So you think that Jesus will stop being God's son?

No, nor do I think He stopped being God the Word when He became man. I'm referring to His position before, during, and after He became flesh. What name shall we dump, do you think?

Isaiah 9:6
For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.​

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Good. What is explicit and what is implicit?

Another way: What is CRYSTAL clear here? What isn't that we rather 'put together?'

Then this: 1Co 10:9 Nor let us tempt Christ, as some of them also tempted Him and were destroyed by serpents. Numbers 21:5
Realize then the Apostle Paul calls the Lord Jesus Christ "God." The Lord Jesus Christ is not the Father. The Father is God. The Son is God. There is only one God.

I'd expect every Arian and JW to accept these scripture truths without reservation.

Sorry but I'm not into running everything into your Trinitarian flip.

Paul did not say they tempted Christ.

That's quite the gymnastic imagination you've got going on there.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
No, nor do I think He stopped being God the Word when He became man. I'm referring to His position before, during, and after He became flesh. What name shall we dump, do you think?

Isaiah 9:6
For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.​

King James Version
Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people.

glorydaz

King James Version
Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people.

Yeah. What point are you making there?

In order to be a mediator, He had to be both God and man, which is why the WORD (God) became flesh and dwelt among us.

Galatians 3:20 Now a mediator is not a mediator of one, but God is one.

1 Timothy 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;​

Lon

Sorry but I'm not into running everything into your Trinitarian flip.

Paul did not say they tempted Christ.

That's quite the gymnastic imagination you've got going on there.
:nono: You are wrong, 1M Try it again. It is as clear as that. I could care less if you follow me - Follow the scripture!
What is CRYSTAL clear here? What isn't that we rather 'put together?'

I expect every Arian and JW to accept these scripture truths without reservation!
Stop making your mind god. There is only one and you are not Him. I EXPECT those who say they love God, to follow Him!

popsthebuilder

Let's not get lost in details:
Whether we agree on the former is nonessential. The main point is that we follow scripture and not worry so much what Greeks or Romans were doing at such and such a time.

The main point here: What do the scriptures say? I believe they say it clearly: John 1:1;20:28
How very convenient.

No; I'll judge them according to their works, thanks.

I have absolutely nothing against any practicing Catholic though, and am only speaking of the ancient rcc.

It is quite relevant to me; even to this day with regard to other faithful and even deists or agnostics or atheists.

Lon

How very convenient.

No; I'll judge them according to their works, thanks.

I have absolutely nothing against any practicing Catholic though, and am only speaking of the ancient rcc.

It is quite relevant to me; even to this day with regard to other faithful and even deists or agnostics or atheists.

Er, wrong thread. This isn't 'what is considered sacred' thread. On our quest on the nature of God, God alone will say who He is.