The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

popsthebuilder

You lack a heart open to be taught from the word of God.

So your anger at the messengers is misplaced.
My heart was opened by GOD.

Why do you think I don't attempt to confirm GOD to a book or a person or three people.

Idol worship isn't too cool.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
How would I know?

I can guess and say at the same time, but GOD isn't made in our likeness; we are made in likeness to GOD, in that we have freedom and power/ GOD given potential.

OK, let's go with that guess and see if it pans out.

All 3 (body, soul, spirit) came into existence at the same moment as 1 unity.
Now, within that 1 unity of 3, could the body react independently of the spirit ...... in other words, can the body react to temptation differently than the spirit reacts to that same temptation as Jesus and Paul both alluded to?

Jesus said:
Matthew 26 KJV
(41) Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.

Paul said:
Romans 7 KJV
(18) For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.
(19) For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.
(20) Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
(21) I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.
(22) For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:
(23) But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.
(24) O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?
(25) I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

Point being that even within your own 1 unity of being (body/soul/spirit) there is still individual interaction between them that can sometimes agree with each other or oppose each other.
As if there were different minds/thoughts/wills for each.

And as man was created in the image of GOD, man is also a triune unity that independently interacts with each other.

:think:

glorydaz

My heart was opened by GOD.

Opened by God you say?
What does the word of God say? Where was the preacher? Did he preach the Gospel?

Romans 10:14
How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?

Not all obey the Gospel.

Romans 10:15-16 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things! 16 But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?​

Faith comes by HEARING, and hearing by the word of God. You refuse to hear, because you think you already know all there is to know. But, you don't even know who the Lord is you're supposed to confess.

Romans 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. 18 But I say, Have they not heard? Yes verily, their sound went into all the earth, and their words unto the ends of the world.​

Why do you think I don't attempt to confirm GOD to a book or a person or three people.

Idol worship isn't too cool.

So why do you worship a god you've made up?

Sadly, you don't even know who the Lord is you're supposed to confess. If you read the OT, you'd see Him everywhere.

Joel 2:27 And ye shall know that I am in the midst of Israel, and that I am the Lord your God, and none else: and my people shall never be ashamed.

Joel 2:32 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the Lord hath said, and in the remnant whom the Lord shall call.​

popsthebuilder

Opened by God you say?
What does the word of God say? Where was the preacher? Did he preach the Gospel?

How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?

Not all obey the Gospel.

Romans 10:15-16 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things! 16 But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?​

Faith comes by HEARING, and hearing by the word of God. You refuse to hear, because you think you already know all there is to know. But, you don't even know who the Lord is you're supposed to confess.

Romans 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. 18 But I say, Have they not heard? Yes verily, their sound went into all the earth, and their words unto the ends of the world.​

Sadly, you don't even know who the Lord is you're supposed to confess. If you read the OT, you'd see Him everywhere.

Joel 2:27 And ye shall know that I am in the midst of Israel, and that I am the Lord your God, and none else: and my people shall never be ashamed.

Joel 2:32 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the Lord hath said, and in the remnant whom the Lord shall call.​
My faith came by hearing and believing.

Scripture doesn't say it must be heard through man; it can be heard through the High Priest.

popsthebuilder

Opened by God you say?

Not all obey the Gospel.

I confess Christ as my Lord and Savior.

Stop pretending like I don't confess the name Christ, and that I am ignorant to the fact that the Spirit of GOD is all through the ot.

Sent fro Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

lifeisgood

Would you like for me to Go Through the Bible with you and show you how God is honest and omnipresent and omnipotent? Your assertion that the Trinity isn't in the Bible but it's still in the Bible is simply false the other words you use comparatively to show a similar case with omniscience omnipresence and omnipotence is indeed in the Bible and very easily and plainly seen.

I will gladly show you the difference but you don't care to hear or see.

So, you are saying that you have verses where the WORD omnipresence is present and another where the WORD omniscience is present and another where the WORD omnipotent is present?

I know God is honest and omnipresent and omniscient and omnipotent.

I have never found the WORD omnipresence, omniscience, omnipotent in the Bible though.

lifeisgood

No, that is not true.

I would love nothing more than to actually go into the scripture and discuss those verses that you deem affirm the trinity, but if you only use the opinions of others then why would I speak to you about that which isn't your opinion?

I gave you a site where verses (not their opinion) were given and you simply waved your hand and said you were not interested.

These were your words:
Originally Posted by popsthebuilder
I'm not interested in any links or third party opinion. (#24090)

popsthebuilder

I gave you a site where verses (not their opinion) were given and you simply waved your hand and said you were not interested.

These were your words:
Originally Posted by popsthebuilder
I'm not interested in any links or third party opinion. (#24090)
Because I don't want to discuss it with someone who is just going to Piggy back off of the work of another.

Doing so is an indicator that one hasn't an actual clue for themselves.

glorydaz

Because I don't want to discuss it with someone who is just going to Piggy back off of the work of another.

Doing so is an indicator that one hasn't an actual clue for themselves.

:nono: Just admit the Bible is a mystery you cannot understand, and be done with it.

2 Corinthians 4:3-4
But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost: In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

Put off that spiritual pride of yours, and you, too, can come before the throne of Grace.

popsthebuilder

:nono: Just admit the Bible is a mystery you cannot understand, and be done with it.

2 Corinthians 4:3-4
But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost: In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

Put off that spiritual pride of yours, and you, too, can come before the throne of Grace.
There you go haughtily claiming I'm unsaved and an unbeliever while you are safe and secure. Sure, sure; you just keep on believing that sweetheart

popsthebuilder

I'm not your sweetheart, Pops. :rolleyes:

And if you're so easily offended, you'd best put me on ignore, because I will not coddle you or your tender feelings. You're clearly jealous over my assurance of salvation. :chew:
I well never be jealous if one so proudly lost and confused.