The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

Right Divider

Body part
Acts 9:17-19 Amplified Bible (AMP)

17 So Ananias left and entered the house, and he laid his hands on Saul and said, “Brother Saul, the Lord Jesus, who appeared to you on the road as you came [to Damascus], has sent me so that you may regain your sight and be filled with the Holy Spirit [in order to proclaim Christ to both Jews and Gentiles].” 18 Immediately something like scales fell from Saul’s eyes, and he regained his sight. Then he got up and was baptized; 19 and he took some food and was strengthened.

Now, does it mean baptized with water or the Spirit?
Exactly.... it does not say. But there are so many that think that baptize means water, that they cannot see any other possibility.

That is also why they abuse verses like Romans 6:3-4. Being baptized into His death does NOT come by getting wet!

God's Truth

And yet, when the issue of baptism was brought up, Paul said he could pretty much count on two hands the number of people he baptised, and this was well into his ministry, over twenty years after Christ's ascension.

He even thanks God that he didn't baptise the people he's writing to except for two people and another person's family.

You would think, that if baptism was required for salvation, that EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THE PEOPLE he converted to Christianity would have been baptised by him or that he would have known about their baptism.

He even says, "I was not sent to baptize, but to preach the gospel."

I thank God that I baptized none of you except Crispus and Gaius,lest anyone should say that I had baptized in my own name.Yes, I also baptized the household of Stephanas. Besides, I do not know whether I baptized any other.For Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel, not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of no effect. - 1 Corinthians 1:14-17 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1Corinthians1:14-17&version=NKJV

Paul was glad that he didn't do that many baptisms because then so many people would be falsely saying they were baptized unto him.

1 Corinthians 3:6 I planted the seed, Apollos watered it, but God has been making it grow

Paul says that he planted the seed and that Apollos watered it.

That is about Paul speaking the message and Apollos doing the baptizing.

Just because Paul did not do a lot of water baptisms does not mean he did not teach water baptism.

1 Corinthians 10:1 For I do not want you to be ignorant of the fact, brothers and sisters, that our ancestors were all under the cloud and that they all passed through the sea. 2 They were all baptized into Moses in the cloud and in the sea.

Did you read that? Paul was speaking about water baptism.

Read what Paul says in the next two scriptures about water baptism:

Romans 6:3 Or don't you know that all of us who were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death?

Romans 6:4 We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life.

Paul is describing water baptism. The believer comes to make the pledge to God, to die to the sins of the world; so now standing in the water the believer falls back, as if dead; then, the believer goes under the water, buried; then, the believer rises up out of the water, raises up to live a new life.

We were "buried" with him through BAPTISM into death and RAISED from the dead...raised to live through Christ.

There is something seriously wrong with you if you don't get that it is not wrong to get water baptized and that it is what the Lord wants us to do. Jesus himself was baptized. Who do you think you are?

God's Truth

More fallacious "reasoning" from the clueless one.

Paul also:
  • Founded many churches in Asia
  • When to Jerusalem for Pentecost
  • Wrote Scripture
Are you imitating that too?

You can't divide even that. Pathetic.

So Paul was telling everyone to imitate him and do that? What do you think you can do, insult Paul?

Right Divider

Body part
Paul was glad that he didn't do that many baptisms because then so many people would be falsely saying they were baptized unto him.

1 Corinthians 3:6 I planted the seed, Apollos watered it, but God has been making it grow

Paul says that he planted the seed and that Apollos watered it.

That is about Paul speaking the message and Apollos doing the baptizing.

Just because Paul did not do a lot of water baptisms does not mean he did not teach water baptism.

1 Corinthians 10:1 For I do not want you to be ignorant of the fact, brothers and sisters, that our ancestors were all under the cloud and that they all passed through the sea. 2 They were all baptized into Moses in the cloud and in the sea.

Did you read that? Paul was speaking about water baptism.
I seriously impressed with your cluelessness.

Baptized into Moses has NOTHING to do with getting wet. All of those baptized into Moses STAYED DRY.

Heb 11:29 (AKJV/PCE)
(11:29) By faith they passed through the Red sea as by dry [land]: which the Egyptians assaying to do were drowned.

Exod 14:19-22 (AKJV/PCE)
(14:19) ¶ And the angel of God, which went before the camp of Israel, removed and went behind them; and the pillar of the cloud went from before their face, and stood behind them: (14:20) And it came between the camp of the Egyptians and the camp of Israel; and it was a cloud and darkness [to them], but it gave light by night [to these]: so that the one came not near the other all the night. (14:21) And Moses stretched out his hand over the sea; and the LORD caused the sea to go [back] by a strong east wind all that night, and made the sea dry [land], and the waters were divided. (14:22) And the children of Israel went into the midst of the sea upon the dry [ground]: and the waters [were] a wall unto them on their right hand, and on their left.

The Egyptians were the ones that got baptized with water!

Read what Paul says in the next two scriptures about water baptism:

Romans 6:3 Or don't you know that all of us who were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death?

Romans 6:4 We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life.

Paul is describing water baptism. The believer comes to make the pledge to God, to die to the sins of the world; so now standing in the water the believer falls back, as if dead; then, the believer goes under the water, buried; then, the believer rises up out of the water, raises up to live a new life.
There is not a SINGLE DROP of water in Romans 6:3-4. Only those, like you, that have water on the brain try to force it in there.

I'll bet that you can even find water in these verses where "baptize" is used SIX TIMES.
Matt 20:22-23 (AKJV/PCE)
(20:22) But Jesus answered and said, Ye know not what ye ask. Are ye able to drink of the cup that I shall drink of, and to be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with? They say unto him, We are able. (20:23) And he saith unto them, Ye shall drink indeed of my cup, and be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with: but to sit on my right hand, and on my left, is not mine to give, but [it shall be given to them] for whom it is prepared of my Father.

God's Truth

Exactly.... it does not say. But there are so many that think that baptize means water, that they cannot see any other possibility.

That is also why they abuse verses like Romans 6:3-4. Being baptized into His death does NOT come by getting wet!

Are you sure you are not manipulating what BR was saying?

BR believes in repentance of sins to get saved. He also believes in doing right afterwards. Do you know that Jesus called someone a fox before? There are tricky people. It might sound cool to be a fox and not a dog, but neither are sheep.

God's Truth

I seriously impressed with your cluelessness.

Baptized into Moses has NOTHING to do with getting wet. All of those baptized into Moses STAYED DRY.

Heb 11:29 (AKJV/PCE)
(11:29) By faith they passed through the Red sea as by dry [land]: which the Egyptians assaying to do were drowned.

Exod 14:19-22 (AKJV/PCE)
(14:19) ¶ And the angel of God, which went before the camp of Israel, removed and went behind them; and the pillar of the cloud went from before their face, and stood behind them: (14:20) And it came between the camp of the Egyptians and the camp of Israel; and it was a cloud and darkness [to them], but it gave light by night [to these]: so that the one came not near the other all the night. (14:21) And Moses stretched out his hand over the sea; and the LORD caused the sea to go [back] by a strong east wind all that night, and made the sea dry [land], and the waters were divided. (14:22) And the children of Israel went into the midst of the sea upon the dry [ground]: and the waters [were] a wall unto them on their right hand, and on their left.

The Egyptians were the ones that got baptized with water!

There is not a SINGLE DROP of water in Romans 6:3-4. Only those, like you, that have water on the brain try to force it in there.

I'll bet that you can even find water in these verses where "baptize" is used SIX TIMES.
Matt 20:22-23 (AKJV/PCE)
(20:22) But Jesus answered and said, Ye know not what ye ask. Are ye able to drink of the cup that I shall drink of, and to be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with? They say unto him, We are able. (20:23) And he saith unto them, Ye shall drink indeed of my cup, and be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with: but to sit on my right hand, and on my left, is not mine to give, but [it shall be given to them] for whom it is prepared of my Father.

There was water involved for salvation and you go against water baptism for our salvation.

Think.

God's Truth

What's sad is YOUR LIES. None of the gospel oppose each other and we do NOT say that they do.... THEREFORE.... you are a LIAR! Sad indeed.

You make two gospels and you do make them oppose each other.

Paul shows us that the whole Bible flows together...water baptism in the time of Noah and the flood...water baptism with Moses and the cloud...1 Peter 3:21 ---not the removal of dirt from the body but the pledge of a clear conscience toward God.

God's Truth

So right now we can go to Jerusalem and see Jesus sitting on that throne?

You're insane.

When we come to Jesus to be saved, we actually come to the heavenly Jerusalem.

When a person comes to God through Jesus, they HAVE COME TO MOUNT ZION, to the heavenly Jerusalem. We actually come to heaven where God is.

Hebrews 12:22 But you have come to Mount Zion, to the heavenly Jerusalem, the city of the living God. You have come to thousands upon thousands of angels in joyful assembly,

Hebrews 12:23 to the church of the firstborn, whose names are written in heaven. You have come to God, the judge of all men, to the spirits of righteous men made perfect,

When people come to God through Jesus, they actually come to heaven, where God is, and Jesus, and to thousands upon thousands of angels, and to the spirit of righteous men made perfect. The spirits of the faithful who had died, but live in the spirit

Right Divider

Body part
You make two gospels and you do make them oppose each other.
You lie again.... you are a LIAR.... do you think that believers LIE constantly like you do?

Paul shows us that the whole Bible flows together...water baptism in the time of Noah and the flood...water baptism with Moses and the cloud...1 Peter 3:21 ---not the removal of dirt from the body but the pledge of a clear conscience toward God.
Those that got water baptized in the time of Noah DIED!!!