The Theory of Evolution - Part 1

bob b

Science Lover
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Lord Vader said:
I urge everyone to go a google search for the keywords "do proteins exist". There is growing evidence that they don't. Has anyone ever seen proof that they exist? Or did you just hear about it a lot from school teachers and the media?

It took me a while, but I finally got the message. There are certain people who post on these forums who have nothing useful to say and should properly be simply ignored. Of course Jukia is another fitting example.

Jukia

bob b said:
It took me a while, but I finally got the message. There are certain people who post on these forums who have nothing useful to say and should properly be simply ignored. Of course Jukia is another fitting example.

Crushed, I am crushed.

Lord Vader

bob b said:

Growing chorus of boos from scientists against evolution at the end of a google search: not there. Growing dissent in the sci. community: not there. Alarm bells being sounded against evolution at the end of a google search: not there. Anyone can look. Anyone can look. Anyone can look. Anyone can look. Anyone can look.

I looked at the first 6 pages; I'm not even sure I saw an instance of the word "evolution". Was there some expectation that no one was going to bother to look since the subject is too abstruse to bother? If it's such a "hot" area of contention, one would expect to at least get a match for one of the big anti-science websites, but none were found. Is it on page 24? I didn't go that far.

And now you want folks to ignore me after one facetious post (regarding this subject). I don't know, Bob, I'm feeling too much like a cop in an episode of, "Cops" who is standing their listening to the "explanation" of someone they pulled over.

bowhunter

Johnny,

And those who stated, "What Johnny said."

You are the one who is wrong on all of your NO's.

Evolution has to have a start, when is that Johnny? Hmmm? Show ONE time that a dog transitioned into a dat, half dog half cat, or any other animal doing so. A dog is a dog is a dog. A cat is a cat is a cat.

The funny part is, MOST Americans get it, the brainwashing in Public Schools notwithstanding.

SUTG

bowhunter said:
Show ONE time that a dog transitioned into a dat, half dog half cat, or any other animal doing so. A dog is a dog is a dog. A cat is a cat is a cat.

:rotfl:

You might want to join bob b in enrollling in that Biology 101 class. The only thing you are showing with this kind of nonsense is that you have no understanding of the theory. Of course you can refute the crazy bob b version of evolution, but who cares? No-one is interested in that.

No, no-one has ever seen a creature that is one third giraffe, one third elepahant, and one third human.

bowhunter

SUTG said:
:rotfl:

You might want to join bob b in enrollling in that Biology 101 class. The only thing you are showing with this kind of nonsense is that you have no understanding of the theory. Of course you can refute the crazy bob b version of evolution, but who cares? No-one is interested in that.

No, no-one has ever seen a creature that is one third giraffe, one third elepahant, and one third human.

And no one has ever seen a skeleton of one either.

Lord Vader

bowhunter said:
Evolution has to have a start, when is that Johnny? Hmmm? Show ONE time that a dog transitioned into a dat, half dog half cat, or any other animal doing so. A dog is a dog is a dog. A cat is a cat is a cat.

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA...

Hey Cleetus, you ever see a half Cat, half Dog?
I shore aint, Zeke.
Well dem scientists say there was a Dog what turned into a Giraffe and then it turned into a man!
Well, Zeke, maybe they been drinkin' some o' your Moonshine!
Har! Good one, Cleetus.

bob b

Science Lover
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Nevertheless, you haven't seen the half-dog half-cat either have you?

Which brings up an interesting point. What are so called "mosaic" creatures doing in nature anyway? Don't they know that their presence falsifies the strongest argument for common descent?

Like "convergent" evolution, one can't get rid of falsifying evidence by just choosing to give it a "fancy" (so-called scientific) name.

Yes, but if they did it would just be another case of a "mosaic". No problem. Our theory is so flexible it can explain anything!!!

There doesn't have to be a half-dog or half-cat. Dogs didn't necessarily comes from cats, and cats didn't necessarily come from dogs.

The theory of evolution states that dogs and cats share a common ancenstor. That ancestor need not resemble a dog, OR a cat!

bob b

Science Lover
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
There doesn't have to be a half-dog or half-cat. Dogs didn't necessarily comes from cats, and cats didn't necessarily come from dogs.

The theory of evolution states that dogs and cats share a common ancenstor. That ancestor need not resemble a dog, OR a cat!

So what was it and why do you believe that such a hypothetical creature ever existed?

GuySmiley

You guys are so confusing. What do you mean it need not resemble a dog or a cat? Shouldn't the common ancestor have four legs, probably a tail, etc. Shouldn't it resemble a dog and a cat in many ways? The closest common ancestor according to your theory shouldn't look like a snake for example right? I mean all the characteristics that cats and dogs share probably didn't evolve independantly right? (according to your theory)

SUTG

bob b said:
Our theory is so flexible it can explain anything!!!

What theory are you talking about? What do you call the crackpot version of evolution you've been peddling around here?

GuySmiley said:
You guys are so confusing. What do you mean it need not resemble a dog or a cat? Shouldn't the common ancestor have four legs, probably a tail, etc. Shouldn't it resemble a dog and a cat in many ways? The closest common ancestor according to your theory shouldn't look like a snake for example right? I mean all the characteristics that cats and dogs share probably didn't evolve independantly right? (according to your theory)

Well, you're right in that one would expect the ancestor to share general traits with the descendants. In the case of dog/cat, you could say that the ansestor probably didn't lay eggs, probably lived on land, yes - probably had four legs and a tail, probably mammailian...

Remember, "resemble" is a relative term. I meant mainly that the anscestor need not have any cat-specific or dog-specific (as opposed to mammal specific) traits.

bob b said:
So what was it and why do you believe that such a hypothetical creature ever existed?

Honestly, I don't know what the common anscestor(s) between dogs and cats is.

I believe such a creature existed because of all of the evidence supporting the TOE (which I can link you to if you are really interested.

For one thing, dogs and cats share Kingdom, Phylum, Class and Order.

death2impiety

Maximeee's Husband
Lord Vader said:
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA...

Hey Cleetus, you ever see a half Cat, half Dog?
I shore aint, Zeke.
Well dem scientists say there was a Dog what turned into a Giraffe and then it turned into a man!
Well, Zeke, maybe they been drinkin' some o' your Moonshine!
Har! Good one, Cleetus.

Hey paw, how'd dat dar Vader evolve himself a sense of humor?
I don't know cheebus, he must been related to dem dar laughin hi eenas.

bob b

Science Lover
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Honestly, I don't know what the common anscestor(s) between dogs and cats is.

I believe such a creature existed because of all of the evidence supporting the TOE (which I can link you to if you are really interested.

OK, as long as its a credible site such as a university.

Jukia

bob b said:
OK, as long as its a credible site such as a university.

Is this a serious comment? Is this the new creationist definition of credible? Have we thrown away AiG, Creation Safaries, etc.?