The Sound of Freedom

7djengo7

This space intentionally left blank
Actually I have brought non Christians to Christ.
Do you just mean that 1) you shared the gospel with them and 2) they believed it? In any case, you did not cause them to believe it; you did not convert them--you did not cause them to be converted.
It's not that hard
You make it sound as though you think you caused them to believe.
if you are kind and loving to them
Without exception, sharing the truth about Jesus Christ with others is being kind and loving.
and ask the Holy Spirit to work on their hearts.
Why, if you caused them to believe (and it was "not that hard" to do so)?
True not every person will accept Christ as their Savior
Which goes to show that you (the evangelist) do not cause the ones who do to believe. For, if you did, and it's "not that hard", why did they not all believe?
but at the very least you will have made a friend and none of us have too many friends. There is always room for one more.
👍👍

7djengo7

Do you just mean that 1) you shared the gospel with them and 2) they believed it? In any case, you did not cause them to believe it; you did not convert them--you did not cause them to be converted.

Without exception, sharing the truth about Jesus Christ with others is being kind and loving.

Which goes to show that you (the evangelist) do not cause the ones who do to believe. For, if you did, and it's "not that hard", why did they not all believe?

👍👍
@Gary K, hopefully you don't think I'm trying to discourage you from keeping on doing what you're doing as far as sharing Christ with others. I just wanted to present to you what seems to me a more accurate way of thinking about the nature of what you're doing when you're so doing.

Gary K

Banned
I don't want friends who defend child trafficking

I don't want friends who are child molesting queers
OK. I understand that, but to accuse people who we can't prove are that kind of people is still wrong. Just because we don't like their beliefs is no excuse.

Gary K

Banned

👍👍
I never said I caused them to believe. In fact I said just the opposite. I said that I ask God to send the HS to work on their hearts. I don't know how you took your point of view out of my post.

7djengo7

I never said I caused them to believe. In fact I said just the opposite. I said that I ask God to send the HS to work on their hearts. I don't know how you took your point of view out of my post.
By having read what you wrote. Did you read what you wrote? Did you even spend so much as five seconds thinking about what you wrote?

Let's take a look at what has been said:
Converted any of them yet?
So you actually think a Christian can convert a non-Christian? [Yes or No?]
Actually I have brought non Christians to Christ.
Was "actually I have brought non Christians to Christ" a Yes to the question I asked you?

If Yes (you think a Christian can convert a non-believer into a believer), and you think you have converted a non-believer into a believer, then please tell us exactly how you imagine you have converted a non-believer into a believer WITHOUT causing them to believe. To claim YOU have converted a non-believer into a believer is to claim that YOU have caused the non-believer to believe.

I don't deny that you also (as you note) "said just the opposite". Why, that's exactly what you do when you contradict yourself.

Gary K

Banned
By having read what you wrote. Did you read what you wrote? Did you even spend so much as five seconds thinking about what you wrote?

Let's take a look at what has been said:

Was "actually I have brought non Christians to Christ" a Yes to the question I asked you?

If Yes (you think a Christian can convert a non-believer into a believer), and you think you have converted a non-believer into a believer, then please tell us exactly how you imagine you have converted a non-believer into a believer WITHOUT causing them to believe. To claim YOU have converted a non-believer into a believer is to claim that YOU have caused the non-believer to believe.

I don't deny that you also (as you note) "said just the opposite". Why, that's exactly what you do when you contradict yourself.
Did I include asking the HS to work on their hearts in that same sentence? I don't think your mind is quite what you think it is or you have such a strong agenda you cant help misquoting me.

Arthur Brain

What I think has nothing to do with it.

Jesus did, in fact, insult her.

There you go again, putting words in my mouth.

I will not cast pearls before swine by trying to explain it to you.

Of course there's a lesson to be learned.

But it's not one I'm going to explain to you, for that would be casting pearls before swine.
No, JR, Jesus did not insult her, not unless you believe He was suddenly so taken aback by her response that He was compelled to do exactly what she was so unrelentingly following Him around for?

Frankly, you couldn't cast "pearls" before anything because you don't have any and you sure don't have an explanation either. Trying to use the Bible and this particular account for juvenile antics and pathetic name calling was never gonna be something you could defend.

7djengo7

Did I include asking the HS to work on their hearts in that same sentence?
In what "same sentence"?

Here is what you wrote--two, different sentences:
Actually I have brought non Christians to Christ. It's not that hard if you are kind and loving to them and ask the Holy Spirit to work on their hearts.
No wonder you have not answered these questions I asked you:
Did you read what you wrote? Did you even spend so much as five seconds thinking about what you wrote?
@Gary K: <NO ANSWER>
I don't think your mind is quite what you think it is or you have such a strong agenda you cant help misquoting me.
I did not misquote you, so now you have just lied about me. And, you once again show yourself to be a rank hypocrite by insulting my mind. Is that what you call
insulting people in the name of Christianity
??

Is that what you're doing? Insulting my mind "in the name of Christianity"? I'll close this post with an apt quote from my old pal, @User Name:
Loonies r gonna loon i guess

Gary K

Banned
In what "same sentence"?

Here is what you wrote--two, different sentences:

No wonder you have not answered these questions I asked you:

@Gary K: <NO ANSWER>

I did not misquote you, so now you have just lied about me. And, you once again show yourself to be a rank hypocrite by insulting my mind. Is that what you call

??

Is that what you're doing? Insulting my mind "in the name of Christianity"? I'll close this post with an apt quote from my old pal, @User Name:
Here is the quote from my post.

It's not that hard if you are kind and loving to them and ask the Holy Spirit to work on their hearts.

Now if you still think I'm lying to you go read the post yourself.

7djengo7

Here is the quote from my post.
It's not that hard if you are kind and loving to them and ask the Holy Spirit to work on their hearts.
Did I include asking the HS to work on their hearts in that same sentence?
Did you include "asking the HS to work on their hearts" with what "in that same sentence"?
Now if you still think I'm lying to you go read the post yourself.
Apparently you're an exceptionally crappy reader, just as you are a writer. Though it is true you are lying TO me, I had not said you are lying TO me. Rather, I had specified that you are lying ABOUT me:
I did not misquote you, so now you have just lied about me.
And you continue in your lie ABOUT me for so long as you refuse to correct yourself, and own up to, and rescind the falsehood you wrote about me, here:
I don't think your mind is quite what you think it is or you have such a strong agenda you cant help misquoting me.
I have not misquoted you, liar. You know that, too, liar. Which is why you don't even bother excerpting any particular portion of the text of any of my posts and trying to detail, in light of it, your claim that I am therein misquoting you.

Gary K

Banned
Did you include "asking the HS to work on their hearts" with what "in that same sentence"?

Apparently you're an exceptionally crappy reader, just as you are a writer. Though it is true you are lying TO me, I had not said you are lying TO me. Rather, I had specified that you are lying ABOUT me:

And you continue in your lie ABOUT me for so long as you refuse to correct yourself, and own up to, and rescind the falsehood you wrote about me, here:

I have not misquoted you, liar. You know that, too, liar. Which is why you don't even bother excerpting any particular portion of the text of any of my posts and trying to detail, in light of it, your claim that I am therein misquoting you.
Ok. I give up Have it your way. Sorry, but I'll never trust you again.