The Seal Of God

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
After they ate the bread, they then proceeded to drink the wine. That is why the word "after" is used. The Lord's Supper is ceremonial.

"Therefore when you come together in one place, it is not to eat the Lord’s Supper." (1 Corinthians 11:20)

Why do you say it is?

CherubRam

Paul told the congregation they had houses to do their eating and drinking.

The Passover is a memorial.

cer·e·mo·ni·al
ˌserəˈmōnēəl/
adjective
adjective: ceremonial

relating to or used for formal events of a religious or public nature.
"ceremonial robes"
synonyms: formal, official, state, public; More
ritual, ritualistic, prescribed, stately, courtly, solemn
"a ceremonial occasion"
antonyms: informal
(of a position or role) involving only nominal authority or power.
"originally a ceremonial post, it is now a position with executive power"

noun
noun: ceremonial

the system of rules and procedures to be observed at a formal or religious occasion.
"the procedure was conducted with all due ceremonial"
a rite or ceremony.
plural noun: ceremonials
"a ceremonial called the ghost dance"
synonyms: formal, official, state, public; More
ritual, ritualistic, prescribed, stately, courtly, solemn
"a ceremonial occasion"
antonyms: informal

popsthebuilder

Circumcision is the Old Covenant. The old priesthood was done away with, along with the festivals and sacrifices. Colossians 2:16 has to do with other Sabbath days. See: [FONT=&quot]

Other Sabbath Rest[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Colossians 2:16[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Commentary[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Colossians 2:16[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The Sabbath days spoken of here in Colossians, has to do with letting the land rest, mentioned in the scriptures below. It has nothing to do with God’s Seventh Day Sabbath; otherwise there would be a contradiction in the scriptures. The Seventh Day Sabbath is to be kept by all of mankind continually. It is also a sign of who God’s people are.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Exodus 23:10[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][ Sabbath Laws ] “For six years you are to sow your fields and harvest the crops…[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Leviticus 23:39[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“‘So beginning with the fifteenth day of the seventh month, after you have gathered the crops of the land, celebrate the festival to the Lord for seven days; the first day is a day of Sabbath rest, and the eighth day also is a day of Sabbath rest. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Leviticus 25:1-2[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][ The Sabbath Year ] The Lord said to Moses at Mount Sinai, “Speak to the Israelites and say to them: ‘When you enter the land I am going to give you, the land itself must observe a Sabbath to the Lord. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Leviticus 25:4[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]But in the seventh year the land is to have a year of Sabbath rest, a Sabbath to the Lord.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Do not sow your fields or prune your vineyards. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Leviticus 25:6[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Whatever the land yields during the Sabbath year will be food for you—for yourself, your male and female servants, and [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Leviticus 25:8[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][ The Year of Jubilee ] “‘Count off seven Sabbath years—seven times seven years—so that the seven Sabbath years amount to a period of forty-nine years. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Leviticus 26:34[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Then the land will enjoy its Sabbath years[/FONT][FONT=&quot] all the time that it lies desolate and you are in the country of your enemies; then the land will rest and enjoy its Sabbaths. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Leviticus 26:35[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]All the time that it lies desolate, the land will have the rest it did not have during the Sabbaths you lived in it. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Leviticus 26:43[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]For the land will be deserted by them and will enjoy its Sabbaths[/FONT][FONT=&quot] while it lies desolate without them. They will pay for their sins because they rejected my laws and abhorred my decrees. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2 Chronicles 36:21[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The land enjoyed its Sabbath rests; all the time of its desolation it rested,[/FONT][FONT=&quot] until the seventy years were completed in fulfillment of the word of the Lord spoken by Jeremiah.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]This is a partial list of scriptures of what was done away with for the New Covenant. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Festivals rejected by Yahwah since 70 AD.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[FONT=&quot]Psalm 40:6[/FONT]
Sacrifice and offering you did not desire— but a body you have prepared for me — burnt offerings and sin offerings you did not require.

[FONT=&quot]Psalm 51:16[/FONT]
You do not delight in sacrifice, or I would bring it; you do not take pleasure in burnt offerings.

[FONT=&quot]Proverbs 21:3[/FONT]
To do what is right and just is more acceptable to the LORD than sacrifice.

[FONT=&quot]Isaiah 1:11[/FONT]
“The multitude of [FONT=&quot]your sacrifices[/FONT]— what are they to me?” says the LORD. “I have more than enough of burnt offerings, of rams and the fat of fattened animals; I have no pleasure in the blood of bulls and lambs and goats.

[FONT=&quot]Isaiah 1:14[/FONT]
Your New Moon feasts and [FONT=&quot]your appointed festivals[/FONT] I hate with all my being. They have become a burden to me; I am weary of bearing them.

[FONT=&quot]Zephaniah 3:18[/FONT]
“I will remove from you all who mourn over the loss of [FONT=&quot]your appointed festivals[/FONT], which is a burden and reproach for you.

[FONT=&quot]Lamentations 2:6[/FONT]
He has laid waste his dwelling like a garden; he has destroyed his place of meeting. The LORD has made Zion forget [FONT=&quot]her appointed festivals[/FONT] and her Sabbaths; in his fierce anger he has spurned both king and priest.

[FONT=&quot]Hosea 2:11[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I will stop all her celebrations:[/FONT] her yearly festivals, her New Moons, her Sabbath days—all her appointed festivals.

[FONT=&quot]Amos 5:21[/FONT]
“I hate, I despise [FONT=&quot]your[/FONT] religious festivals; your assemblies are a stench to me. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Since the days of Adam; Festivals, Sacrifices, and Offerings, has been a tradition of mankind. God only instructed Moses on how the people were to perform those things. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Festivals, Sacrifices, and Offerings[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Jeremiah 7[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
21 This is what the Lord of Hosts, the God of Israel, says: “Add your burnt offerings to your other sacrifices, and eat the meat yourselves, 22 for when I brought your ancestors out of the land of Egypt, I did not speak with them or command them concerning burnt offering and sacrifice.
26 However, they wouldn’t listen to Me or pay attention, but became obstinate; they did more evil than their ancestors. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Zechariah 11:10[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
Then I took my staff called Favor and broke it, revoking the covenant I had made with all the nations. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Jeremiah 31:31[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
“The days are coming,” declares the Lord, “when I will make a covenant with the people of Israel (nation) and with the people of Judah (faithful.) [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The Old Covenant has been revoked; we now live under the New Covenant.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
The sacrifice is of self.

The circumsission is of the spirit.

Only my opinion I suppose.

peace

Sent from my Alcatel_6055U using Tapatalk