The Rope

2COR12:9

Just thought I'd say hello, and share a little story I wrote. I hope this forum will allow me to grow and to help others when I can. Peace.

The Rope

I was presented with a Rope, then I came to know God.

I tied that Rope around my waist and He took the other end to hold.

He lifted me out of a great chasm and set me upon a narrow path.

"Walk," He said.

"Look not to the left or the right."

He went ahead, and I placed my eyes upon Him and followed. On each side of the path was a dark and deep canyon. After many days of joy in my walk, I stopped upon the path to rest. There was music and sounds of laughter coming from the canyon, as if a great festival. Curious to know what was causing this commotion, I peeked to one side.

Surely God won't mind a quick glance. Frustrated that I could see nothing, I knelt on the edge of the path and peered into the darkness. The sounds grew, and strangely aroused my senses. I must see what this is! I peered deeper over the edge for any sign of what so drew me. The side of the path crumbled, and I fell headlong into the darkness!

I landed in some foul smelling liquid that made my stomach turn. There was no laughter or music, but eerie sounds of moaning and shrieks, but where they came from I could not see for I was surrounded in complete darkness.

Fear gripped me and I ran searching for anyway to escape. Some form of tentacle or serpent grasped my leg in the foul liquid and was tugging me fiercely, I sank deeper into the sludge. I was pulled down to the point where the disgusting liquid kissed my neck and then my lips. I screamed for help as the liquid filled my mouth.

"Please help me, someone take me from this place!"

Immediately I was drawn out of the liquid.

As I steadily rose, I remembered that there was a Rope around my waist.

Then I remembered who had the other end.

God placed me on the narrow path. In the bright light once again, I saw that I was covered in filth. Ashamed I could not look upon Him, for I knew I should not have looked to the left or the right. In my grief I forced out a plea for forgiveness so quiet as if not to be heard.

"You are forgiven." He said.

He cleaned me off. Raised my spirits and strength, and returned my joy.

Though doubts crept into my mind, what if I fall again?

"My son, you must stay upon the narrow path. Keep your eyes upon me and look not to the left or the right. If you should fall, remember the Rope I have given you, and I will forever be holding one end. This path leads to a gate my son. There you shall enter with me, there you will never fall again and we will be together forever."

My hope restored,I began my walk again.

The Rope from around my waist,stretched out ahead of me,
I reached and grasped it,
and gripped it even tighter.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Just thought I'd say hello, and share a little story I wrote. I hope this forum will allow me to grow and to help others when I can. Peace.

The Rope

I was presented with a Rope, then I came to know God.

I tied that Rope around my waist and He took the other end to hold.

He lifted me out of a great chasm and set me upon a narrow path.

"Walk," He said.

"Look not to the left or the right."

He went ahead, and I placed my eyes upon Him and followed. On each side of the path was a dark and deep canyon. After many days of joy in my walk, I stopped upon the path to rest. There was music and sounds of laughter coming from the canyon, as if a great festival. Curious to know what was causing this commotion, I peeked to one side.

Surely God won't mind a quick glance. Frustrated that I could see nothing, I knelt on the edge of the path and peered into the darkness. The sounds grew, and strangely aroused my senses. I must see what this is! I peered deeper over the edge for any sign of what so drew me. The side of the path crumbled, and I fell headlong into the darkness!

I landed in some foul smelling liquid that made my stomach turn. There was no laughter or music, but eerie sounds of moaning and shrieks, but where they came from I could not see for I was surrounded in complete darkness.

Fear gripped me and I ran searching for anyway to escape. Some form of tentacle or serpent grasped my leg in the foul liquid and was tugging me fiercely, I sank deeper into the sludge. I was pulled down to the point where the disgusting liquid kissed my neck and then my lips. I screamed for help as the liquid filled my mouth.

"Please help me, someone take me from this place!"

Immediately I was drawn out of the liquid.

As I steadily rose, I remembered that there was a Rope around my waist.

Then I remembered who had the other end.

God placed me on the narrow path. In the bright light once again, I saw that I was covered in filth. Ashamed I could not look upon Him, for I knew I should not have looked to the left or the right. In my grief I forced out a plea for forgiveness so quiet as if not to be heard.

"You are forgiven." He said.

He cleaned me off. Raised my spirits and strength, and returned my joy.

Though doubts crept into my mind, what if I fall again?

"My son, you must stay upon the narrow path. Keep your eyes upon me and look not to the left or the right. If you should fall, remember the Rope I have given you, and I will forever be holding one end. This path leads to a gate my son. There you shall enter with me, there you will never fall again and we will be together forever."

My hope restored,I began my walk again.

The Rope from around my waist,stretched out ahead of me,
I reached and grasped it,
and gripped it even tighter.

Hello, thank you for your delightful and instructive story. :)

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
thWelcome.gif