The Preterists and Matthew 24:34

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I'm still a bit fuzzy on what you are saying in regards to that passage. You say that it applies to the physical descendants - but you also agree that it applies to the gentile converts.

If the "house of Israel" and the "house of Judah" includes gentile converts - then physical lineage is not the deciding factor in who the new covenant applies to. Correct?

You said that not all of the physical descendants of Abraham will be counted as true sons. In what circumstances will some of Abraham's children not be counted as true sons?

Was is possible that some of Abraham's physical descendants living in Israel were not "true sons" when Jeremiah gave this prophecy?

One of the main verse in Galatians I would like you to address is 4:30 where it says the sons of Hagar (Jews who continue to cling to the Law instead of Christ) will not share in the inheritance.

Isn't this a clear teaching that some of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob's physical descendants won't be counted as true sons?

Rom 11:2 God hath not cast away his people which he foreknew. Wot ye not what the scripture saith of Elias? how he maketh intercession to God against Israel, saying,
Rom 11:3 Lord, they have killed thy prophets, and digged down thine altars; and I am left alone, and they seek my life.
Rom 11:4 But what saith the answer of God unto him? I have reserved to myself seven thousand men, who have not bowed the knee to the image of Baal.
Rom 11:5 Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.
Rom 11:6 And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then is it no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.
Rom 11:7 What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded

LA

Interplanner

So...Rom 11:2-7 necessarily means that some will believe and that's all that was ever meant.

Yes there is disinheritance. Act 3 says those in Israel who don't believe will be extirpated. The parable of the vineyard said it would be taken away from the workers, and it was called the inheritance. (It was not referring to the land of Israel.)

Cons&Spires

BANNED
Banned
Matthew also explains that many will come in His Name, but are false.

If you are not Catholic, you pretty much have to concede that the papacy is precisely what is being talked about, because it is the profession of being Christ in the flesh altogether.

Danoh

So...Rom 11:2-7 necessarily means that some will believe and that's all that was ever meant.

Yes there is disinheritance. Act 3 says those in Israel who don't believe will be extirpated. The parable of the vineyard said it would be taken away from the workers, and it was called the inheritance. (It was not referring to the land of Israel.)

So say your endless books.

Interplanner

Whether they do or not matter, Danoh the Villifiyer.

The parable says the awful workers would not get the inheritance. Acts 3 says the unbelieving (in the Gospel) will be disinherited. So go curse Matthew and Luke, got it?

It doesn't matter, though, does it? Rom 4 says the inheritance was the world to come, for which Abraham yearned, doesn't it? Not the land of Israel.