ECT THE PRACTICAL NECESSITY OF AN INFALLIBLE & AUTHORITATIVE INTERPRETER

HisServant

how did you get your bible from the Holy Spirit?

The books of the bible were 'god breathed'... and the criteria that was used to determine which books should be in the bible is quite sound.

https://www.biblicaltraining.org/bl...-criteria-were-used-determine-canon-scripture

Although I would add that the amassing of all the letters into a single volume has cause a LOT of lazy scholarship.. each book stands alone and should be considered that way when reading it.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
The books of the bible were 'god breathed'... and the criteria that was used to determine which books should be in the bible is quite sound.

https://www.biblicaltraining.org/bl...-criteria-were-used-determine-canon-scripture

Although I would add that the amassing of all the letters into a single volume has cause a LOT of lazy scholarship.. each book stands alone and should be considered that way when reading it.

all I want to know is where did you get the bible that you read?

HisServant

I have about a dozen of them.. some I got from a local book store, some were given to me and some I purchased on line.

The most accurate ones have no Roman Catholic history surrounding the source documents.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
I have about a dozen of them.. some I got from a local book store, some were given to me and some I purchased on line.

The most accurate ones have no Roman Catholic history surrounding the source documents.

so you didn't get your bible from the Holy Spirit

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
THE PRACTICAL NECESSITY OF AN INFALLIBLE & AUTHORITATIVE INTERPRETER

I got a better one:

"Why it is a Practical Necessity for an Empire to Claim Infallible and Authoritative Interpretation on State Religion"

Rome did the same exact thing with it's religion before Christianity :rolleyes:

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
The original autographs were inspired by him though... same thing.

not exactly
-someone decide which books to include
-someone translated them
-someone revised them
-someone printed them
-someone interpreted them
-someone directed you to some bibles and not others
-so who do you trust and why?

HisServant

not exactly
-someone translated them
-someone revised them
-someone printed them

None of them... no reason to. We are told to study to show thyself approved. Blindly believing that anyone that did any of the tasks above without error kind of violates the spirit of that command.

THE only one I trust is the Holy Spirit... period.

The least trustworthy people on the planet are the Italians... closely followed by Muslims.

Why, because right and wrong mean nothing to the Italians... its how you look and that you aren't questioned. We had an employee steal 4+ million dollars out of our warehouse once and the Italian management decided not to press charges or even try and get their money back from the warehouse manager who stole the stuff because it would make the company look bad.

Look at the whole Amanda Knox fiasco... its never about right or wrong or justice for them.. its about image.

Which explains why the RCC is the way it is.

whitestone

Thank you,,,

"Someone decided which books to include"

There are the books we refer to as the "old test".,,and the books we refer to as the "new test".,,,

And there are those we refer to as the letters of the "Apostolic fathers",,and then the rest of the letters in our possession.

What is the criteria for which is included and why? Who decided which were to be include and why,what is the standard?

There are the autographs from what we call the new testament and then the next set would be the apostolic fathers. Of the apostolic fathers what is the defining criteria that is used to exclude their writings or include them?

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
not exactly
-someone translated them
-someone revised them
-someone printed them
Protestants have a mental gap between the Holy Spirit and the Bible. They believe the Bible comes from the Holy Spirit, but they deny how the Bible comes from the Holy Spirit. It's like they believe their Bible just parachuted down from heaven into their laps.

whitestone

Who is the someone who decided,how did they determine which was in the new testament?

Did they say "well Clement is mentioned in Philippians 4:3 KJV but he wasn't an apostle so we'll leave his letters out"?

When they came to the Sheppard of Hermas did they say "well Hermas is mentioned in Romans 16:14 KJV but he's not an apostle either so we'll leave it out"?

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
We are told to study to show thyself approved.
No we aren't. Timothy, personally led to the faith by Paul, and consecrated a bishop of the Church, was told this personally by Paul. Paul wasn't writing this to us unless we're bishops.
Blindly believing that anyone that did any of the tasks above without error kind of violates the spirit of that command.
I'm coming to find that blindly believing anything you write is the far bigger threat.
THE only one I trust is the Holy Spirit... period.

The least trustworthy people on the planet are the Italians... closely followed by Muslims.

Why, because right and wrong mean nothing to the Italians... its how you look and that you aren't questioned. We had an employee steal 4+ million dollars out of our warehouse once and the Italian management decided not to press charges or even try and get their money back from the warehouse manager who stole the stuff because it would make the company look bad.

Look at the whole Amanda Knox fiasco... its never about right or wrong or justice for them.. its about image.

Which explains why the RCC is the way it is.
I guess it explains your irrational anti-Catholic bigotry anyway.

HisServant

No we aren't. Timothy, personally led to the faith by Paul, and consecrated a bishop of the Church, was told this personally by Paul. Paul wasn't writing this to us unless we're bishops.
I'm coming to find that blindly believing anything you write is the far bigger threat.
I guess it explains your irrational anti-Catholic bigotry anyway.

You need to go back in read your bible... you are so wrong on so many accounts... and have been brainwashed and are exhibiting cultish behavior.

You should seek help of a professional!

john w

Hall of Fame
What Catholic here ever claimed that "respective members of the boc are not to interpret scripture"? It certainly wasn't me. :nono:

1.Official RCO documents.

2. Fine:

"Who here has claimed that only one person authoritatively interprets Scripture in the Catholic tradition?"-shill

The shill agrees, on record, that respective members of the boc can/are to interpret scripture.

Thus, out with the "pope," and "The Magestrium" clowns, in clown outfits.

He is on record.

SaulToPaul 2

1.Official RCO documents.

2. Fine:

"Who here has claimed that only one person authoritatively interprets Scripture in the Catholic tradition?"-shill

The shill agrees, on record, that respective members of the boc can/are to interpret scripture.

Thus, out with the "pope," and "The Magestrium" clowns, in clown outfits.

He is on record.

We are free to interpret it, saint john, as long as it matches the interpretation of The Magic Sterium.

john w

Hall of Fame
We are free to interpret it, saint john, as long as it matches the interpretation of The Magic Sterium.
You called it, Mayor, i.e., what the Roman shill will "argue back"-sophistry. That is, interpret it all you want, but it must agree with what we, Rome, the pope, in concert with the Magesterium, says it means, as you poor little drones are just too stupid........................and all that jazz.

Trust us, Rome-as we lead you into the ditch.....and to hell....