The Pittsburg Pirates are back, tetelestai?!

john w

Hall of Fame
Unlucky Strikes?

Or Lou Gehrig "Camel Non Filters?"

tumblr_lmfcu10pq41qa0aazo1_500.jpg

It's almost Miller Time...going home, to take a nap, then on over to my chick's unit, for some fudge, and "The champagne of bottled beer," .....yep, that's the plan...go home, take a nap...............

The Berean

tet! Your Pirates are playing my Giants on Wednesday in the NL Wildcard game. Let's the truthsmack begin! I want payback for 1971! :chuckle:

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Nice! :up:

I don't know how to hide big pictures in the "spoiler"

Anyway, everyone here is excited about this Wednesday's wild card game.

I'm glad it's in Pittsburgh, I don't think the Pirates would have a chance if it were at San Fran.

This is the second year in a row the Pirates have been in the wild card game.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Do you have any memories of the 1971 NLCS? I have no memories since I was only three years old.

I remember it a little bit. I was really into baseball cards back then, and I was worried about Willie Mays, Willie McCovey, and Bobby Bonds. I played Minor League Baseball that summer, and my glove was a Bobby Bond's glove.

I remember Bob Robertson hit 3 home runs in one of the games, but most of all I remember that song, because we sang it everyday for a week, and it was a local beer commercial on TV all the time leading up to the series, and during the series.

In case you didn't know, the song was a parody from the following song:

California Here I Come

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The Pirates, "your" Pirates-losers, like Preterists, like you, Craigie.

Do you know how many World Series Championships both teams from Texas have combined?

ZERO!!!!

Texas is to World Series Championships, what Ohio is to Super Bowl trophies.

john w

Hall of Fame
Do you know how many World Series Championships both teams from Texas have combined?

ZERO!!!!

Texas is to World Series Championships, what Ohio is to Super Bowl trophies.

I grew up in St. Louis, punk. I've been to more Cardinal games, than those sap Pirates have won(which isn't many).

Any other questions, loser?

"teams"

That would exclude the Pirates in our conversation, sweetie, "teams" being the operative word. Can you dig it? Good.

Any other questions, loser?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I've been to more Cardinal games, than those sap Pirates have won(which isn't many).

As a franchise the Pirates have won 10,143 games. Only 6 franchises have won more games

If you went to every Cardinal's game (including the away games and the post season games), it would have taken you about 63 years to go to 10,143 Cardinal games.

You ain't that old.

john w

Hall of Fame
As a franchise the Pirates have won 10,143 games. Only 6 franchises have won more games

And The Royals, after "beating" the Birds in 1985, had won more games than.......

Save it, loser. This is not a class on "Ancient History."

If you went to every Cardinal's game (including the away games and the post season games), it would have taken you about 63 years to go to 10,143 Cardinal games.You ain't that old.

You missed it, as usual. Slower:

I grew up in St. Louis, punk. I've been to more Cardinal games, than those sap Pirates have won(which isn't many).

Too bad Craigie does not have a sense of humor. Wait...I take that back...Preterism/Pirates.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I grew up in St. Louis, punk.

"After being drafted by the St. Louis Rams, Michael Sam celebrated by kissing his boyfriend. This is historic because it's the first time anyone has celebrated being drafted by the St. Louis Rams" - Conan O'Brien.