The Personal Side of the Homosexual Debate

Status
Not open for further replies.

S0ZO

We all know the theological/ scriptural reasons why homosexuality is sinful; it would be repetitious to start another thread on that topic from that perspective.

What about your own personal feelings?
Why should personal feelings matter? :idunno:

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Why should personal feelings matter? :idunno:

Because, I do mot like queers for reason other than based on faith. I think many of them, usually the cross gender ones who parade around in skits clown makeup with beards make me nauseous.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Why did you need to point out that you're not going to protest homosexuality?

Too old, heck, if I were not so determined, I would not get out if bed.

I would protest by voting against their marriage obsession, or similar, but I am not carrying any signs. or chanting 'down with homos':nono:

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
In all honesty, I would want to examine my own thinking to find out why I'm feeling that way.
That is what the thread is for, thanks for sharing.

And I would likely conclude that the reason [sic] for me, is because they are so 'deferent' from me. Which means they're unpredictable, and therefor somewhat threatening.

That would be true for you, if you say it is true. As for me, I do not think they are unpredictable, and more-so, they are not threatening.

It was, (I mean in my past) the other way around, we threatened them, and some were not queer, just odd balls. Some of the boys I knew way long ago, privileged class rich boys, football players, jocks, used to beat up these odd balls and the girls cheered them on and laughed. Now being old, I am truly sorry for that.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Too old, heck, if I were not so determined, I would not get out if bed.I would protest by voting against their marriage obsession, or similar, but I am not carrying any signs. or chanting 'down with homos':nono:

And what would you say to someone who is so inclined?

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
OK, I feel personally stronger about sex, and my aim in the thread is more secular, as we all know the religious position.
Thanks for clarifying your position for me without personal attack.

When you say that "...we all know the religious position" I have a difference of opinion on that. People in the faith are often quick to label what they understand is "homosexuality" as an "abomination," they conveniently forget that many other actions (including eating shellfish at Red Lobster after church) are also labeled "abominations" in the Bible.

The concept of "being gay" is not found in the Bible (save for the relationship between David and Jonathan in the Hebrew Bible).
It actually had to do with either temple rites (prostitution) or else a way to express aggression between males. This is why a statue of a being with a large erection was sometimes found near the gate of ancient cities. It basically said, "Don't step out of line or we will &*%$ you!"

The actual and careful reading of the story of Sodom and Gomorrah is not about homosexuality at all. It is all about the failure of people to welcome and be open to the stranger who comes to visit a town.

Christ's Word

The personal side for me involves listening to homosexuals in therapy describe in great detail how they destroy their bodies and ultimately their lives. It is an ongoing horror story.

Most people don't realize the males pop pills to relax their sphincter muscles before they commit their abominations. The addiction rate and alcoholism rates skyrocket with this type of lifestyle. The rates of diseases that are contracted because the colon does not have the immunity of a vagina are astronomical. So many that seem to have an opinion on the gay debate, are completely devoid of the facts and tragedies of the gay lifestyle. In fact being gay is not a lifestyle choice, it is indisputably a death sentence, and the odds say an early death.

The fact that a society would falsely sanction this as moral, and thereby enabling many who could have avoided these tragic outcomes to fall victim, is exactly the opposite of love and the epitome of sinful enablement.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
People in the faith are often quick to label what they understand is "homosexuality" as an "abomination," they conveniently forget that many other actions (including eating shellfish at Red Lobster after church) are also labeled "abominations" in the Bible.

Three fallacies.

That there is more than one thing labeled an abomination does nothing to deny the fact that homosexuality is called an abomination.

Two things can be called completely different things given context, even if the same word is used to describe them.

Eating shellfish anywhere after church is not called an abomination in the bible.

Would you like to try again?

Granite

Hall of Fame
Personally I have zero problem with it and no interest in it beyond protecting the civil rights of others.

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
The personal side for me involves listening to homosexuals in therapy describe in great detail how they destroy their bodies and ultimately their lives. It is an ongoing horror story.

Most people don't realize the males pop pills to relax their sphincter muscles before they commit their abominations. The addiction rate and alcoholism rates skyrocket with this type of lifestyle. The rates of diseases that are contracted because the colon does not have the immunity of a vagina are astronomical. So many that seem to have an opinion on the gay debate, are completely devoid of the facts and tragedies of the gay lifestyle. In fact being gay is not a lifestyle choice, it is indisputably a death sentence, and the odds say an early death.

The fact that a society would falsely sanction this as moral, and thereby enabling many who could have avoided these tragic outcomes to fall victim, is exactly the opposite of love and the epitome of sinful enablement.

one might suspect that those inclined to behave in that manner might be suffering from a mental illness, eh?

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
And what would you say to someone who is so inclined?

First, I find it hard to imagine a homosexual having close proximity to me, and if so, I think I would get away from the person. My thinking, if I had my hair done by a faggy acting man, I would not tip him, or return.
What good would it do to say anything? The person is only going to argue; it seems best to show them disapproval by action, rather than words.

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
First, I find it hard to imagine a homosexual having close proximity to me, and if so, I think I would get away from the person. My thinking, if I had my hair done by a faggy acting man, I would not tip him, or return.
What good would it do to say anything? The person is only going to argue; it seems best to show them disapproval by action, rather than words.

:thumb:

now see if you can convince town of that :chuckle:

TracerBullet

I'm pretty sure they wouldn't want to be around you that much either

Granite

Hall of Fame

No, you'd just rather be rude by not tipping him. Charming.

TracerBullet

how exactly are you privy to what is said in a therapy session?

Most people don't realize the males pop pills to relax their sphincter muscles before they commit their abominations.
most don't realize it because it isn't true

The addiction rate and alcoholism rates skyrocket with this type of lifestyle.
which is directly linked to living with discrimination, threats and rejection

The rates of diseases that are contracted because the colon does not have the immunity of a vagina are astronomical.
all depends on how you play with the numbers.

One often overlooked aspect of the numbers game is that gays are significantly more likely to be tested for STD's than heterosexuals so they end up showing higher in statistics

So many that seem to have an opinion on the gay debate, are completely devoid of the facts and tragedies of the gay lifestyle. In fact being gay is not a lifestyle choice, it is indisputably a death sentence, and the odds say an early death.
I think you are referring to the often told lie that gay men have a life expectancy of 42 years. this was something made up by Paul Cameron, a expelled from the APA because he was fabricating research data on homosexuals.

and discrimination is moral how exactly?

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
... gays are significantly more likely to be tested for STD's than heterosexuals so they end up showing higher in statistics

:darwinsm:

wot a tard!

like saying that criminals tend to get arrested more often than honest people, so they ended up disproportionally represented in prison populations :chuckle:

Status
Not open for further replies.