The ONE NEW MAN that Christ Created in Himself: What is it and why was it created?

Samie

NIV Ephesians 2:

14 For he himself is our peace, who has made the two one and has destroyed the barrier, the dividing wall of hostility,

15 by abolishing in his flesh the law with its commandments and regulations. His purpose was to create in himself one new man out of the two, thus making peace,

16 and in this one body to reconcile both of them to God through the cross, by which he put to death their hostility.

Please consider the following in your Bible-based explanation of the One New Man:
1. Who do you think is the Head of the One New Man?
2. What comprises the Body of the One New Man?
3. Does the creating of this One New Man have any soteriological significance? Please explain or show how and why.

genuineoriginal

NIV Ephesians 2:

14 For he himself is our peace, who has made the two one and has destroyed the barrier, the dividing wall of hostility,

15 by abolishing in his flesh the law with its commandments and regulations. His purpose was to create in himself one new man out of the two, thus making peace,

16 and in this one body to reconcile both of them to God through the cross, by which he put to death their hostility.

Please consider the following in your Bible-based explanation of the One New Man:
I highlighted it in the verse below:

Ephesians 5:23
23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.​

I highlighted both of them (the two that were made one) in the following verses:

Ephesians 2:11-13
11 Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;
12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:
13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.​

3. Does the creating of this One New Man have any soteriological significance? Please explain or show how and why.
I highlighted the soteriological significance in the following verses:

Ephesians 3:3-6
3 How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words,
4 Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)
5 Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;
6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:​

Samie

I highlighted it in the verse below:

Ephesians 5:23
23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.​

I highlighted both of them (the two that were made one) in the following verses:

Ephesians 2:11-13
11 Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;
12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:
13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.​

I highlighted the soteriological significance in the following verses:

Ephesians 3:3-6
3 How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words,
4 Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)
5 Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;
6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:​

Thank you very much for that wonderful response.

Here are two more questions:
1. What is the purpose why the One New Man was created?
2. Do you think all Jews & Gentiles were included in the Body of the One New Man? Why?

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Find Your Inner Man
[Eph 3:14-19
14 For this reason I bow my knees to the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,
15 from whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named,
16 that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with might through His Spirit in the inner man,
17 that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; that you, being rooted and grounded in love,
18 may be able to comprehend with all the saints what [is] the width and length and depth and height--
19 to know the love of Christ which passes knowledge; that you may be filled with all the fullness of God.
[2Co 6:17
17 Therefore "Come out from among them And be separate, says the Lord. Do not touch what is unclean, And I will receive you."
[Act 10:34-37
34 Then Peter opened [his] mouth and said: "In truth I perceive that God shows no partiality.
35 "But in every nation whoever fears Him and works righteousness is accepted by Him.
36 "The word which [God] sent to the children of Israel, preaching peace through Jesus Christ--He is Lord of all--
37 "that word you know, which was proclaimed throughout all Judea, and began from Galilee after the baptism which John preached:
[Mat 22:16
16 And they sent to Him their disciples with the Herodians, saying, "Teacher, we know that You are true, and teach the way of God in truth; nor do You care about anyone, for You do not regard the person of men.
[2Th 3:14
14 And if anyone does not obey our word in this epistle, note that person and do not keep company with him, that he may be ashamed.
[1Ti 1:9
9 knowing this: that the law is not made for a righteous person, but for [the] lawless and insubordinate, for [the] ungodly and for sinners, for [the] unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers,
[Jas 2:9
9 but if you show partiality, you commit sin, and are convicted by the law as transgressors.
[Gal 5:17-18, 24-25
17 For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; and these are contrary to one another, so that you do not do the things that you wish.
18 But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law. ...
24 And those [who are] Christ's have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.
25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

xxx Look at what goes on in you when your thinking. Your(inner man) are listening for the thought you choose to accomplish your conclusion. You get different ideas. Where do the different ideas come from before you make a choice on one? They come from the different spirits in you. Which ever idea you accept, you write that one in your conscience(book of beliefs). The one new man that Christ wants all of us to find is our inner man. Everybody has one. But only few find him.

[Mat 7:13-15
[13] "Enter by the narrow gate; for wide [is] the gate and broad [is] the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it.
[14] "Because narrow [is] the gate and difficult [is] the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it.
[15] "Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves.

God's Truth

NIV Ephesians 2:

The one new man is the Jew and Gentile becoming one through Jesus.

The Jews and Gentiles are now cleaned and forgiven through the Word of God, the blood and body of Jesus Christ.

The Jews don't have to do the purification/ceremonial works of the law anymore, just to go to the temple where God's Spirit was, for faith that Jesus' blood cleaning them is what cleans them, and they become the temple. Same as for the Gentiles.

God's Truth

When we go through his body that is when and how he makes the two groups one.

John 12:32 And I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all people to myself."

Ephesians 2:15
by abolishing in His flesh the law of commandments and decrees. He did this to create in Himself one new man out of the two, thus making peace

Ephesians 2:17
He came and preached peace to you who were far away and peace to those who were near.

Colossians 1:20
and through Him to reconcile to Himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through the blood of His cross.

Ephesians 2:13 But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far away have been brought near by the blood of Christ.

Ephesians 2:14 For he himself is our peace, who has made the two groups one and has destroyed the barrier, the dividing wall of hostility,

Ephesians 2:15
by abolishing in His flesh the law of commandments and decrees. He did this to create in Himself one new man out of the two, thus making peace

Ephesians 2:17
He came and preached peace to you who were far away and peace to those who were near.

Colossians 1:20
and through Him to reconcile to Himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through the blood of His cross.

Colossians 3:11
Here there is no Greek or Jew, circumcised or uncircumcised, barbarian, Scythian, slave, or free, but Christ is all and is in all.

bibleverse2

The ONE NEW MAN that Christ Created in Himself: What is it and why was it created?

Regarding what is it, it is His body of believers:

Ephesians 4:4 There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;
5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism,
6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

Regarding why was it created:

Ephesians 3:10 To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God,
11 According to the eternal purpose which he purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord:

Samie

How I understand the One New Man that Christ created in Himself

How I understand the One New Man that Christ created in Himself

The wages of sin is death (Rom 6:23). Hence, when a man first commits sin, he must die so he can pay for his own sin he committed, for it is only through death that he can be freed from sin.

KJV Romans 6:7 For he that is dead is freed from sin.

But if man himself dies for his own sin, he would have paid for the sin God hates, but God would have eternally lost the sinner He loves, having died separate from Him because sin separates man from God (Isa 59:2). Hence God, made a way whereby man could pay for his own sin and at the same time given another shot at life eternal.

God did this through the One New Man that Christ created in Himself: the Head is Christ, the Body is humanity - Jews & Gentiles - with all its sins, as Scriptures declare:

NAS 1 Peter 2:24 and He Himself bore our sins in His body on the cross, that we might die to sin and live to righteousness; for by His wounds you were healed.

When the Head died, the Body likewise died:

NKJ 2 Corinthians 5: 14 For the love of Christ compels us, because we judge thus: that if One died for all, then all died; 15 and He died for all, that those who live should live no longer for themselves, but for Him who died for them and rose again.

1. That death reconciled us - His Body - to God:

NKJ Romans 5:10 For if when we were enemies we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, much more, having been reconciled, we shall be saved by His life.

2. That death washed us clean from sin:

NKJ Revelation 1:5 and from Jesus Christ, the faithful witness, the firstborn from the dead, and the ruler over the kings of the earth. To Him who loved us and washed us from our sins in His own blood

3. That death caused us to be forgiven from all sins:

KJV Colossians 1:14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:

NAS Colossians 2:13 And when you were dead in your transgressions and the uncircumcision of your flesh, He made you alive together with Him, having forgiven us all our transgressions

4. That death sanctified or made us holy:

NKJ Hebrews 10:10 By that will we have been sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

NIV Hebrews 10:10 And by that will, we have been made holy through the sacrifice of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

5. And having been sanctified, He perfected us forever:

KJV Hebrews 10:14 For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.

6. Through that death, He became the Mediator of the New Covenant:

NKJ Hebrews 9:15 And for this reason He is the Mediator of the new covenant, by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions under the first covenant, that those who are called may receive the promise of the eternal inheritance.

7. And under the New Covenant, God promises to remember our sins NO MORE:

NKJ Hebrews 10: 16 "This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, says the LORD: I will put My laws into their hearts, and in their minds I will write them," 17 then He adds, "Their sins and their lawless deeds I will remember no more."

Our dying together with Christ, was even more emphasized by the apostle Paul when in writing to the Galatians he said that he was crucified with Christ:

KJV Galatians 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Please take note that Paul was converted a couple of years AFTER the crucifixion, yet his statement blatantly tells us of his being crucified with our Lord, an event that occurred BEFORE he became a believer.

Therefore, our being in Christ having been created In Him through the creation of the One New Man did not result from our conversion, just like the experience of the apostle Paul who said he was crucified with Christ long before his conversion on the road to Damascus.

Having died together with Christ, the Bible says that we were made alive together with Him.

NAS Colossians 2:13 And when you were dead in your transgressions and the uncircumcision of your flesh, He made you alive together with Him, having forgiven us all our transgressions

The 4-word English phrase "made alive together with" is from a single Greek word "suzoopoieo". To be made-alive-together-with Christ simply means that when Christ resurrected, we also were resurrected together with Him, being His body when He died - the Body of the One New Man, and hence, precludes the idea of being made alive one-at-a-time, as in, as each one believes. And through that resurrection, God caused us to be born again:

NAS 1 Peter 1:3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His great mercy has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead

Created in Christ through the One New Man that Christ created in Himself, crucified with Christ and made alive TOGETHER WITH Him Who is the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world, we all are physically born into this world ALREADY in Christ, already part of His Body - the Church, already members of the family of God!!!

Born in sin, and hence born lost? No, we are born In Christ. And to be born in Christ Who is THE Only Way, is to be born NOT lost. Our Savior Himself emphasized this truth in the parables of the lost (Luke 15:1-24):

1. Before the sheep got lost, it was in the sheepfold with its shepherd.
2. Before the coin was lost, it was with its owner in the house.
3. Before the son went lost, he was at home with his father.

So with us all. We are born NOT lost. Sadly, we all like sheep went astray (Isa 53:6). Hence, we are admonished to repent, otherwise we perish (Luke 13:3, 5).

The command for people to repent is the same command that God made in the old testament (Ezek 18:30); the same command God now wants all people everywhere to obey (Acts 17:30); the same command our Lord made in the Gospel that He preached (Mark 1:14, 15); the same Gospel He wanted preached to the world before He comes again (Matt 24:14).

Repentance is from the Greek 'metanoia' - change of mind, from evil to that which is good. Faced with opportunity and about to do evil, one changes his mind and does good instead. IOW, repentance is overcoming evil with good. This is why we are enjoined to overcome evil with good (Rom 12:21).

Our Savior Himself assures us that overcomers will not be blotted out from the book of life (Rev 3:5) and will be seated with Him on His throne as He Himself likewise overcame and sat down with the Father on His throne (Rev 3:21).

When Christ comes again to reward every man according to what each has done (Matt 16:27; Rev 22:12; Rom 2:5-11), all whose names remained written in the book of life will be allowed entry into the heavenly portals (Rev 21:27); all others will have their portion in the lake of fire (Rev 20:15).